Nightborne (Interactive Story)

((Well, I -did- say I wanted to do this eventually… I’m probably going to regret this, but here we go, I suppose. An interactive story featuring my Shal’dorei Warlock, Traevelle! Fair warning… I have -no idea- what I’m doing. I’ve never done anything like this before and my writing is probably not up to snuff. Please don’t hesitate to leave any constructive feedback if you have any, or just tell me your thoughts on it in general. Options will be at the end, enjoy!))

-Traevelle sighed quietly to herself, stepping outside of her home in Dalaran - it had taken a pretty copper to afford - several pretty coppers, in fact - but it was hers, and it was away from the brutish city of Orgrimmar… and away from the war. Under the neutral, wary leadership of Khadgar, the Kirin Tor had refrained from declaring their support for the Alliance, though it was always a concern. This made it a safe haven for those like her - those who did not wish to be under the thumb of the Banshee Queen, even if it did put her around far too many members of the Alliance for her own comfort.

Not that she had any issues with the Alliance, of course. Past the Kaldorei, many of them seemed quite decent and had done as much as the Horde to free Suramar from Elisande. As gratitude for their efforts, they went from serving a tyrant… to simply serving another, spitting in the face of assistance rendered. If she had a say, she would’ve insisted they remain neutral. They did not know either faction well enough to declare loyalty so quickly, and that fool of a First Arcanist had done just that, heedless of the potential consequences her choice would have on the rest of her people. Traevelle scowled at the thought before shaking her head.

Now was not the time for such ruminations. What was done was done… she had to simply live with the consequences. She stepped towards her mailbox, curious to see if she had any requests… her occult talent made her a valuable resource to those who could afford her - summoning and binding demons, procuring dangerous artifacts the Kirin Tor would most -definitely- consider best left in their own hands, to simply assisting people. Even bodyguarding, though something so mundane was not an interest of hers, was not beneath her. A girl had to pay her bills somehow, hm?

She pulled out the contents - junk, mostly… and yet, there were a few articles of interest amongst the rubbish. Requests for aid, of course. A request to ward a contacts home, a request to procure an item that definitely didn’t belong to the sender… and a request for protection. The first was of little interest to her - the second and third, however, -were-. The item of note lay within Drustvar of all places, as far as the sender knew. It was believed to be in the property of one of the Witches. Witches? What? She frowned, finding no further details past contact information.

The third letter was a request for protection - some merchant she had protected before was planning on going on yet another fool endeavor. They wished to gather items of interest in the disgusting swamp known as Nazmir… -ugh-. Yet more grabs for items best left alone… though, whereas the first was doubtlessly only in it for themselves, this fellow would sell whatever gains he had made. Not that it mattered much to her. As long as she was paid.

This left her torn. On one hand, she was very curious about this Drustvar. However, it was a dangerous land for her… held by the Alliance. She could manage, though, she suspected. A light glamour, simply holding herself differently… she could pass for one of the Kaldorei, if she refrained from drawing too much attention to herself.

Nazmir, however, had the benefit of -not- being held by the Alliance. It did not have the benefit, though, of not being a disgusting swamp inhabited by even more disgusting Trolls. The Blood Trolls gave even -her- the creeps… and she enslaved and commanded demons, used fel and shadow magic alike. Either way, if she was caught, she would likely be condemned to death. It was just a matter of who would be doing the killing… the Alliance, or Blood Trolls.

She sighed, weighing her options.

((Give me a 1 for Drustvar or a 2 for Nazmir! Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!))

Hmmm…both are dangerous. But the Alliance are more likely to be reasonable than Blood Trolls, should Trae happen to run into any of them while in Drustvar, I think. Blood Trolls are maniacs! Therefore…

I vote 1. nods

2 Likes

1 :peacock:

2 Likes

Oh is this like one of those old school 90s Goosebumps interactive stories where its turn to page 34 for X and page 16 for Y? I loved these.

Ok ok, definitely Drustvar so #1

3 Likes

People seem to have a preference for one, so far! Which isn’t incredibly surprising - after I posted it I had thought myself, but I figured I would see what happened!

Going to give it a little while longer before I post again - I’ll either edit it into this one or make another post if it gets more votes.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like