Nightborne Customization Thread

Sadly I can see that but at the same time I think that would be a poor excuse to not add something that shows effort & attention to detail. They can totally figure out a way to work it into any hairstyle if they tried. Honestly all of their accessories could have more glow/arcane infusion to them to really make it unique & actually look like racial jewelry, it’s their main theme after all.

Still hoping they’ll implement increased luminosity on the tattoos & hands, I’m really glad they added the hand glow, however, similar to the tattoos, it doesn’t stand out as much as it should. It looks pretty disappointing compared to the npc hands. I can appreciate that some people like it the way it is but they really should add a brighter option to resemble what we expected to see

7 Likes

I am all for the nightborne babies getting more stuff.

Bring. It. On.

3 Likes

Did these while ago, sadly couldn’t get enough support for these to be visible.

I really wished to see ponytails, sadly, not for the next 10,000 years I think.
https://imgur.com/a/c9b0jXO
https://imgur.com/a/sjyxRC6

Eh my dreams…

https://imgur.com/a/1oI9HrW

6 Likes

I like the changes but hope we get more later.

More luminous options. Especially adding one for hairstyles like they did for highmountsin antlers.

Option for npc like hand glows (bighter with outlines).

Add more eye colors. Personally want white, arcane purple, dark blue, blue, burgundy, red, vine red, vine green, fel green, fel blue, fel purple, fel orange, fel red.

Adding luminous color options l, could be the same as the eye colors.

More hair colors. They don’t have much range with hair colors. The light and white hair colors pop with contrast on the dark sin tones. We could have used more light hair colors that aren’t so desaturated.
The night elves share heritage with night elves. They should get the greens blues purples and all night elf hair colors tbh.

I mentioned fel colors because I woupd love felborne looks. So fel tattoos as well.

More metal colors for there jewelry would be appreciated.

Skin tones: I would love more pink/purple skin tones. We have lots of blue and like 2 shades of purple. A dark pink would be nice, a dark red wine would be awesome. A dark green wine would be nice. Yes skin tones based on wines would be cool. Maybe like a burgundy would be nice. If not skin then burgundy hair!

We need mohawks blizz.

More facial hair options please. I would also like more short hair styles. I wouldn’t mind reusing other race hairstyles. As mentioned above it would be nice to have physics on some of our old ones.

Posting directly on my nightborne. Hope yall can continue to add love my nightborne.

6 Likes

That or we could have the moonguard night elves join the nightborne and an excuse to give us nuetral night elf customization similar to void elves getting high elf stuff.

1 Like

13 Likes

Those are amazing!

3 Likes

Felt like the tattoos were slightly off and did a comparison with the npc’s. Sadly, the npc out ruled mines. The playable ones are too dim and imperfect. You can’t imagine how many players would flood over to the race if we had the original models with a graphic update.

5 Likes

I do not have enough likes for this.

2 Likes

Those look awesome! I didn’t know Lunaera could draw so well.

2 Likes

Purple and Blue are enough

The hair color options has to be in line with their original design/concept. Dark colors are already a stretch, what more with vibrant reds and yellows? What they need is mana glow with varying colors

2 Likes

no you. :point_right: :point_left:

4 Likes

Considering how limited the original design, as well as the appearance of Nightborne NPCs is, fleshing out the Nightborne aesthetic and color palette is necessary where it makes sense. If the developers went by your suggestion, we’d have no other hair color but white.

I do think vibrant hair colors should be a Night Elf thing, whereas Nightborne hair color should tend toward pastel, subtler tones.

I would kill for a hairstyle and eye color like this.

8 Likes

There’s so many cool things they could do with braids!

7 Likes

I agree lol. They shouldn’t stretch out further than the original models. But, if you’ve seen the first models and early concepts, they had darker skin tone.

I just wished I could differentiate between the off-white pink and white.

2 Likes

Me too, everyone tells me that my hair color is supposedly a super washed out pink color which is why I use it but I have never been able to see the pink color. :frowning_face: :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I can definitely tell the difference, but it is a very subtle tone that would benefit from having its saturation turned up a few points.

I found a real life example of this hairstyle on Dua Lipa showing how it could be modified to improve its appearance.

The split bang in the front is in line with her hairline on the side, rather than being so far forward. Some may disagree, but I think this approach looks much better.

On the subject of Dua Lipa, so many of her past looks would be amazing as references for future Nightborne female customization.

3 Likes

Was scowering the internet for some more inspiration/fan art, and I discovered this work done by @covildadruidesa on Twitter, and it blew me away. The tattoo design on the forehead has an Arcandor motif and it is AMAZING.

I also love the more delicate headdress, as compared to the playable Nightborne’s headdress which is very…thick? It blocks off too much of the forehead, which wouldn’t be necessary if the Nightborne had better hairlines. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I love this! I agree with you on the headdress, I hope they add more dainty jewelry in the future as well as existing nightborne circlets https://www.wowhead.com/npc=112655/celestial-acolyte
I love the hair band jewelry too in the fan art, there’s lots of little details like that they could add that can really make their hairstyles gorgeous & regal.

3 Likes