Nightborne Customization Thread

I support this thread. Frankly, the most important thing the devs must fix is the perma grandpa faces (the NB deserve to get AT LEAST some youthful options).

11 Likes

I don’t know I mean it seems kind of complete like in terms of the Customization Options for Nightborne unless of course we get felborne or crawler nightfallen features for the Nightborne.

All of these are really good :eyes: The main thing I personally want to see is younger, more conventionally handsome faces and hairstyles on the males. I don’t understand why every male of every race has to be some grizzled 50-year-old-looking guy cosplaying young adventurers.

8 Likes

Hehehe, you wanna bet about the err… “average age” of the executive team?

It´s either old, sad or a combination of the above with a touch of grumpy.

Hmmm now that i think about it…

/brb, going to the Linxy´s thread to petition less Sad faces for the Orcs (I want AT LEAST one happy option)

3 Likes

I’d love to see this apply to the hair colors as well, the majority look very grayed and we could definitely use some bold hair colors that are variations of pink, blue, purple & a nice wine color
It would help to balance out the grayed skin tones they currently have, I feel a bit limited to what combinations I can pick because of that.

1 Like

The fact the NB ALREADY have a pink hair color option but so desaturated it´s basically invisible it´s a crime pending to be solved.

I´d love coral as one eye color option. It looks VERY good with the purplish / gray skintones.

10 Likes

I’m a very big fan of the highborne npc hairstyle with the hair strips on the side (this would upragde the hairstyle so much and would actually make me want to use it, as well as the headdress options you posted. I’m in love with the npc headdresses for males and females, don’t get me wrong I appreciate having the circlet option we have now but it feels a bit gaudy to me when paired with certain transmogs, not to mention there’s not many metal/jewel combos. The npc circlets really encapsulate the race in just a simple piece of jewelry, with arcane effects and even a rune. I hope we can see more cosmetic options in the future akin to that, as well as all of what’s in the fan made video you posted. He truly did a remarkable job and that’s just a draft

8 Likes

I’ve actually had this thought when looking at some of the design choices the developers have made for various races, not even just the Nightborne.

I hope this isn’t insensitive, but some of the customization options read as so unstylish, out of touch, and just generally bland that I can’t imagine them coming from anyone other than a balding old man.

Maybe the art team needs some young, new blood.

6 Likes

Updated the OP because I discovered another way the developers decided to blatantly cut corners at the expense of the Nightborne players, who are still deprived of quality customization options.

The developers really could not care less about what they release for the Nightborne.

The “Pendant” necklace option which was added in 9.1.5 was made by repurposing an asset from an already existing earring option. Again, more repurposing to get around creating something unique and thoughtfully crafted for the Nightborne. The reason why the pendant looks so low resolution was because it was just scaled up in size and they didn’t bother to retouch it.

7 Likes

Great post, thank you for pointing out the hair textures, as well as the lack of the hair physics.

https://imgur.com/a/on7kfYR

It breaks my heart to see that the Nightborne models of the Alpha legion, have had more pixels on their hair, than the PC Nightborne overall.

7 Likes

It’s so strange to see people suggest that the Nightborne’s customization is adequate when I provided plenty of examples of really shoddy, poor quality work by the developers in my OP.

6 Likes

Y’all got a 5 head

wear a mask…

It’s crazy to me that the devs have so many references for what the aesthetic of the Nightborne should look like, yet they continue to squander that and deliver this…blandness.

The audacity of them to lazily copy a Night Elf necklace option, only to make it low-res and completely ugly. :rofl:

I refuse. You keep that mask on, though.

The Nightborne’s forehead isn’t any bigger than the Night Elves, the developers just decided to give us bad hairlines for what ever reason.

8 Likes

Talked about it some in another thread but I found it odd they did just mana hands but not mana hair, the two were often brought up together and arguably it could have been NBs time to shine with continuing to hear feedback requests

8 Likes

Honestly, if they struggled with mana hands, they’re going to struggle even more with mana hair.

The Nightborne NPCs have the same two hairstyles with arcane hair strands in the exact same place. For arcane hair to work, they’d have to manually place the effect for each individual player hairstyle, and that’s far and away more work they’d ever do for the Nightborne.

8 Likes

Not sure anyone would be interested but I wandered across someone’s rendition of a Druid Bear form for Nightborne.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/812763179004198912/902733373297000548/20211026_171107.jpg

(By Ace)

8 Likes

lets be real here. player nightborne will always be trash compared to the npcs. mana hair wont be an exception. that said still want it. will probably be going nightborne to feel unique again on this mage

I can’t say I disagree, but I’m still holding out a shred of hope for improvements that will bring them close.

It’s troubling to me that the developers are already trying their hand at making features like the “luminous hands” option available when they don’t have so many of the basics down; namely the faces, hair, tattoos, and jewelry. Either they’re unaware of some of the poor work they’ve produced, or they are aware but don’t intend on fixing it.

That’s interesting, although I’d imagine the Nightborne would want to assume a more graceful animal form, even as Druids.

4 Likes

Cuteness. :teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: :teddy_bear:

1 Like

Here’s a completion of future additions they can add to Nightborne.

Nightborne

Nightborne where a well loved NPC race in Legion, but the Player options and appearance fall short of the NPCs and they lack a lot of differentiation.

More things like the glowing hands and more options from NPCs would be welcome additions as well as increasing/improving the customizations available to them.

Nightborne Ideas

Faces/Hair/Skin

• Some Younger/Less Scowly Faces.
  • Face Shape Options.
  • Some Pastel hair colors.
  • Dark Grey Skin Tones like some Nightborne NPCs.

Magical Effects

• Glowing Hands/Feet/Hair like Nightborne NPCs.
  • Felborne Options.
  • Fel Green, Blue, Dark Purple, Magenta and Coral Eye Colors.
  • The ability to match Glowing Hands/Feet/Hair/Tattoo/Eye colors to eye Colors.
  • Brighter Tattoo options.

Accessories

• Arcan’dor themed Jewelry.
  • Bracers/Anklets like Nightborne NPCs.
12 Likes