Nightborne Customization Thread

I agree and I think it’s a very good race for druid in the future especially because of the Arcan’dor and Farodin.

5 Likes

There’s also the Val’sharah refugees that set up a Moonwell near the Moonguard Strongold in Suramar. The Nightmare corruption spreading into the forests of Suramar could be a cause for concern for the Nightborne and lead to communications between the two.

7 Likes

I could set that. I remember doing those quests.

I also like that the Moonguard seemed to still be on the side of the Nightborne.

They’ve a lot of night elf to draw story points from.

Druid would be an amazing class for them.

4 Likes

Updated the OP to include more of the recycling of assets the developers did. If you’re going to recycle an asset like this, would it have killed them to spruce it up a little?

Repurposed Hair Decoration
The hair decoration implemented in 9.1.5 is just an asset from a hairstyle the Nightborne launched with that was removed and repurposed to be usable on all hairstyles.

Launch version of the “Vim” hairstyle, featuring its unique hair decoration.

The repurposed hair decoration from the “Vim” hairstyle featured on the “Sideswept” hairstyle added in 9.1.5.

1 Like

The male player model for Nightborne is a straight up fail. I am severely disappointed in Blizzard trying to polish a turd once again. :poop:

7 Likes

Doing the right thing in this scenario would require Blizzard to own up to their failing and labor the effort of fixing it, and we all know that’s not likely to happen.

When there are players of the game versed in game/coding/3D design well enough that they can produce better results than professionals being paid for this work, Blizzard needs to re-examine what they’re doing.

Months before the “luminous hands” addition in 9.1.5, this person was able to perfectly reproduce the option making it nearly identical to the NPC version. But the wonderful team at Blizzard can’t. Hmm. :thinking:

11 Likes

My word. I never noticed how truly sloppy the customization Nightborne received is. I never could see validity in the idea that Nightborne were so spoiled compared to the others. They weren’t. Some of those textures look like custom content made by amateurs for sims 2 with low resolution and UV mapping problems.

Me neither! Let the men be hot.

Me too! More eye colors for Nightborne.

13 Likes

This, I’m still surprised we didn’t at least get one eye color like purple or pink or even both.

6 Likes

Omg yes! Why are eye colors not being handed out like candy? Even just different shades.

7 Likes

There’s been a lot of missed, low hanging opportunities this expansion.

10 Likes

The majority of what was added in 9.1.5 for the Nightborne comes off as uninspired, lazy, and careless; a shallow attempt to pad the Nightborne’s customization numbers.

I would have had more respect for the developers if instead of rushing sub-par work out, they bothered to align themselves with player feedback and approach their design with the care and attention the Nightborne needed in a later patch.

This hair decoration was clearly not designed with an off-center hair part in mind. Anyone with a pair of working eyes could see that.

5 Likes

That looks so bad.

3 Likes

Updated the OP with more examples of improper placement of the hair decoration. :expressionless:

:no_entry_sign: Improper placement

Here, the developers attempted to make sense of the hair decoration by purposely placing the hair decoration directly where the hair is parted, to little success. The hair decoration was not designed for the hairstyle it is being applied to, especially not in this configuration.

:no_entry_sign: Improper placement

Another off center hair part with a hair decoration placed smack dab in the center.

:white_check_mark: Proper Placement

Here is an example of a hairstyle that IS compatible with the hair decoration.

5 Likes

The placement of the headband makes me think that whoever designed these doesn’t understand headbands.

7 Likes

Handsome faces pleaseeeeee
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/617947675270184991/898434746080698378/FBWhvZIXIA0X-C5.png
Credit

15 Likes

That’s actually decent, but it still has furrowed brows and a big chin.

1 Like

Younger faces please~ Every male of every race should be allowed handsome or pretty boy options.

8 Likes

I’ve used this as an example a few times now, but Anasterian Sunstrider’s model in Warcraft 3 Reforged is the direction I’d love to see for a new type of male Nightborne face. He has high cheek bones without the gaunt/hollow cheeks.

3 Likes

Yikes. According to this Twitter user, the female Nightborne’s face is uneven at the eyelids, and their brows also don’t appear to be symmetrical, either.

Just another example of how little the developers cared about the work that went into the Nightborne.

8 Likes

Took me a minute but I see it.

Interesting.

5 Likes