Nightborne Customization Thread

Great post, thank you for pointing out the hair textures, as well as the lack of the hair physics.

https://imgur.com/a/on7kfYR

It breaks my heart to see that the Nightborne models of the Alpha legion, have had more pixels on their hair, than the PC Nightborne overall.

7 Likes

It’s so strange to see people suggest that the Nightborne’s customization is adequate when I provided plenty of examples of really shoddy, poor quality work by the developers in my OP.

6 Likes

Y’all got a 5 head

wear a mask…

It’s crazy to me that the devs have so many references for what the aesthetic of the Nightborne should look like, yet they continue to squander that and deliver this…blandness.

The audacity of them to lazily copy a Night Elf necklace option, only to make it low-res and completely ugly. :rofl:

I refuse. You keep that mask on, though.

The Nightborne’s forehead isn’t any bigger than the Night Elves, the developers just decided to give us bad hairlines for what ever reason.

8 Likes

Talked about it some in another thread but I found it odd they did just mana hands but not mana hair, the two were often brought up together and arguably it could have been NBs time to shine with continuing to hear feedback requests

8 Likes

Honestly, if they struggled with mana hands, they’re going to struggle even more with mana hair.

The Nightborne NPCs have the same two hairstyles with arcane hair strands in the exact same place. For arcane hair to work, they’d have to manually place the effect for each individual player hairstyle, and that’s far and away more work they’d ever do for the Nightborne.

8 Likes

Not sure anyone would be interested but I wandered across someone’s rendition of a Druid Bear form for Nightborne.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/812763179004198912/902733373297000548/20211026_171107.jpg

(By Ace)

8 Likes

lets be real here. player nightborne will always be trash compared to the npcs. mana hair wont be an exception. that said still want it. will probably be going nightborne to feel unique again on this mage

I can’t say I disagree, but I’m still holding out a shred of hope for improvements that will bring them close.

It’s troubling to me that the developers are already trying their hand at making features like the “luminous hands” option available when they don’t have so many of the basics down; namely the faces, hair, tattoos, and jewelry. Either they’re unaware of some of the poor work they’ve produced, or they are aware but don’t intend on fixing it.

That’s interesting, although I’d imagine the Nightborne would want to assume a more graceful animal form, even as Druids.

4 Likes

Cuteness. :teddy_bear: :teddy_bear: :teddy_bear:

1 Like

Here’s a completion of future additions they can add to Nightborne.

Nightborne

Nightborne where a well loved NPC race in Legion, but the Player options and appearance fall short of the NPCs and they lack a lot of differentiation.

More things like the glowing hands and more options from NPCs would be welcome additions as well as increasing/improving the customizations available to them.

Nightborne Ideas

Faces/Hair/Skin

• Some Younger/Less Scowly Faces.
  • Face Shape Options.
  • Some Pastel hair colors.
  • Dark Grey Skin Tones like some Nightborne NPCs.

Magical Effects

• Glowing Hands/Feet/Hair like Nightborne NPCs.
  • Felborne Options.
  • Fel Green, Blue, Dark Purple, Magenta and Coral Eye Colors.
  • The ability to match Glowing Hands/Feet/Hair/Tattoo/Eye colors to eye Colors.
  • Brighter Tattoo options.

Accessories

• Arcan’dor themed Jewelry.
  • Bracers/Anklets like Nightborne NPCs.
12 Likes

What was I on when I suggested that the Nightborne’s feet had a luminous option? The Nightborne NPCs don’t even have glowing feet! I mean, I guess I’m not against it but it definitely wouldn’t be a crime if it’s never implemented.

What I would absolutely love are the ankle adornments some of the NPCs have: Patrol Captain Gerdo, Nightborne Scion. I would fully be willing to sacrifice my shoe slot if they implemented these.

6 Likes

I was sure they did…

I think I remember seeing them or something that gave off that effect?

1 Like

I think we were both under the same delusions. Not even Elisande had glowing feet. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Out of curiosity, do you think the hair texture issues I cited in my OP are legitimate issues? I don’t think anyone save for the Night Elves have hair textures that bad.

2 Likes

Pretty much.

Hair not connecting to the scalp/clipping in weird ways/visible seams are a legitimate bug that should be fixed. Textures in a lot of haircuts need work.

Not sure about the bun, matter of taste I guess.

I think it was all the glow affects/outline mode legion added.

2 Likes

I hope we can see druids added as a class for them sometime in the future :slight_smile: that would legit be my main forever. The mana sabers would make sick cat forms (you can already be one with the disguise when in suramar as a Druid as well as an arcane owl for your flight form) their travel form could be a really cool stag with their antlers/hooves glowing at the tips (similar to their mana hands) and they could have the same glowing swirls as the mana saber on the stag body. The tips of their feathers could have arcane glowing effects & the charms around their neck could be arcane runes. They could use the night elf moonkin model as a base and having glowing effects mixed in akin to botanist tel’arn or overseer Durant https://www.wowhead.com/npc=107333/overseer-durant
They could definitely make it work into the lore, throughout the majority of the suramar quest chain a night elf named Valewalker Farodin helps us grow and sustain the arcandor tree and frees all of the nightborne from their addiction to the night well. Considering this, and since nightborne were night elves from the root, he could guide them back on a more druidic path that some of them used to follow

7 Likes

I agree and I think it’s a very good race for druid in the future especially because of the Arcan’dor and Farodin.

5 Likes

There’s also the Val’sharah refugees that set up a Moonwell near the Moonguard Strongold in Suramar. The Nightmare corruption spreading into the forests of Suramar could be a cause for concern for the Nightborne and lead to communications between the two.

7 Likes

I could set that. I remember doing those quests.

I also like that the Moonguard seemed to still be on the side of the Nightborne.

They’ve a lot of night elf to draw story points from.

Druid would be an amazing class for them.

4 Likes

Updated the OP to include more of the recycling of assets the developers did. If you’re going to recycle an asset like this, would it have killed them to spruce it up a little?

Repurposed Hair Decoration
The hair decoration implemented in 9.1.5 is just an asset from a hairstyle the Nightborne launched with that was removed and repurposed to be usable on all hairstyles.

Launch version of the “Vim” hairstyle, featuring its unique hair decoration.

The repurposed hair decoration from the “Vim” hairstyle featured on the “Sideswept” hairstyle added in 9.1.5.

1 Like