Night Elves and Forsaken don't need new cities

Nobody has any kind of ethical obligation to read your internet posts.

3 Likes

Only Garrosh fit a fascist metaphor because they actually wrote it that way.

The weird ā€œHigh King is okay, Warchief isnā€™tā€ just reeks of indulging into idealistic fantasy while having an incredibly limited understanding of what a fascist government is. While I do think things like colonialism often have fascist elements, they do not require a sort of situation in the culture performing it that resembles what happened with Germany and Japan.

2 Likes

Oh no, not idealistic fantasy in my fantasy video game. Anything but that

3 Likes

Not at all, but still kinda wack.

And I mean, sheā€™s only talked about BLM once in her whole life, last summer when it was ā€œpopularā€ to do among corporations, and for all her love of Baine and Tauren stuff (allegedly), and similar to her Twitter recognition Orcs are somehow a Jewish metaphor (donā€™t even want to get into that rn), youā€™d think she would also care about IRL indigenous struggles, eg NoDAPL movement a few years back.

Alas.

In your two faction video game, where both factions are supposed to be idealistic/idealized fantasies

But no, the writers suck

3 Likes

Like as far as liberals go, theyā€™re low effort and aggressively centrists, and painfully (somehow) unaware of history.

I mention again: they learned about the Tulsa Massacre this year (probably because of Lovecraft Country lol)

Which doesnā€™t bode well for the game given all of this game is a complex multi-layered amalgamation of various IRL modern fiction, traditional folklore and myths, and actual historical events.

You can only write what you know or at least are aware of and if you know nothing well lmao

2 Likes

The idealism represented in a piece of fiction needs consistency.

Either a single person with the vast majority of power is inherently wrong, or it isnā€™t. There is nothing that would really stop a High King having an identical arc to Garrosh if Blizzard wanted it to, as Wyrnns were overwhelmingly presented as just Blue Warchief.

5 Likes

I think that thereā€™s a meaningful distinction between a post-Magna Carta monarchy and a military dictator.

Consistency? In Warcraft? For the narrative? Which would require forethought and balance?

How D A R E you suggest such a thing!

5 Likes

:upside_down_face:
Can this phrase be reversed so that it is directed against the opponents of NE?

That implies a level of political development Blizzard isnā€™t willing to explore.

Ariel thinks Erevien is a good poster that makes valuable contributions to the forum

1 Like

If they developed humanity in the context of the Alliance more like I advocate weā€™d probably see it explored more.

1 Like

Heā€™s certainly the only one keeping this forum alive outside of the rest of us bemoaning the failure of the writers in every facet of this game (factional fantasy, racial fantasy, class fantasy) eveyr 2-3 days

I guess I never considered the ā€œat least itā€™s fun to laugh at the freakā€ angle

Monarchy only with people? Why not the trolls?

Heā€™s not a freak.

A Gay Neo-German-Fascist from Actual Germany yes

But heā€™s our Box Ghost.

Considering how Horde ā€œdevelopmentā€ went, in which most of the reasons it did what it did were basically hand waved by Lorā€™themar and Thrall saying vague things like ā€œSylvanas abused and fanned their hatredā€, I wouldnā€™t count on it.

Be ready for every disagreement be solved by it turning out the opposition is evil and needs to be killed and pockets emptied of loot.

1 Like

3 reasons:

1. The elements of the human political system are already set up since we know that the the governance of the major human kingdoms (at least Stormwind, Gilneas, and Lordaeron) is styled after late medieval feudalism.
  2. Human monarchs wield more power and influence than Troll monarchs, so exploring it would contribute more to worldbuilding
  3. Hot take: Humans (specifically playable non-Kul Tiran humans) actually need development more than trolls right now. Itā€™s a common fallacy on these forums that the presence of humans is the same as development for humans when it isnā€™t. Aside from the introduction of a few characters, human society hasnā€™t actually been meaningfully developed since Vanilla, and that development was basically an echo of Warcraft 3.
4 Likes

When it comes to the mainland EK (Non Kul Tiran/Gilnean) Humans, part of me would like to see a reborn Arathorian Empire under the rule of Turalyon. Especially given the now shared identity much of the mainland humans probably have with so many of them having been shuffled around as the different kingdoms fell and then were retaken. Another plot for the EK humans that i donā€™t think has ever been brought up yet is the situation with Stromgardeā€™s crown. As far as we know Danath doesnā€™t have any kids. And thereā€™s no other named Trollbanes around to be his heirs.

5 Likes

well for one:

Ereviens posts stuff that makes more sense than ALOT of other peoples posts.

1 Like