Night Elf Male Hunter Lore

Quick RP/Lore question, Does MALE Night Elf Hunter make sense lore wise? and Does Human Hunter make sense lore wise also?

Yes it is possible but they would be in a minority. Since for the longest time the females were the dominant military since most males had been spellcasters and those became druids. Though it has been changing to where males and females have been changing the roles they once held in the night elf society

1 Like

Oh and human makes sense as well. Since they need meat to live on as well so naturally they would be out doing that and with the new technology of guns or boom sticks they would be quite a few out there

1 Like

They both make absolute sense. Hunting is one of the basic roles in any society. And even in night elf society, gender roles have never been absolute.

2 Likes

This was kind of a strange question to read. Lorewise, anyone can be a hunter. It’s just someone who is more comfortable and practiced in the wilds and natural world than society.

In terms of the ranged weapons, well, there’s always been people who realized it was a lot easier to deal with a threat from over here as opposed to over there.

To potentially save you some stress, pretty much all of the martial classes - warrior, rogue, hunter - make sense for everybody. It gets a bit trickier when you start throwing magic in, but…yeah, anyway can swing a sword, shoot a bow, or hit you from behind.

I respect you if you’re someone who doesn’t want to roleplay a character unless it has been abundantly represented within the lore, I really do.

But any available race class combo that the game lets you make, is fair, and “lore accurate”, and I say this as someone who rolled their eyes pretty hard when every race got warlocks priests and mages. But however I may feel about the lore it’s still canon, and anyone giving you a hard time is being incredibly unreasonable. If you were rping as a night elf paladin or dwarf demon hunter perhaps a case could be made, but not the currently available race class combos.

Also one thing to keep in mind is each race does have its own ranged units.

An example of this is elven rangers, pretty famous group, one way or another we have heard of them. But humans also have their own type of hunters, whether you seem them as basic archers or even riflemen there is a ton of possibilities, that are still with the rules an cannon/lore.