Night Elf Heritage Armor (Variants)

Hello!

Been a while since I’ve posted here, second ever, so, apologies for the lack of activity. I wanted to bring to the devs’ attention a possible hitch with the most recent change made to the heritage armor for the Night Elves in 10.1.7. I really love the change, as it brings it to being virtually identical to the armor worn by the Night Elf druid in the Vanilla intro cinematic, and the Mountain Dew Game Fuel campaign.

However, I’ve noticed some growing sentiment from some that they really enjoyed the shoulder strap that was removed from the set, for what I assume to be a way to make a dichotomy between the masculine and feminine sets.

I propose a potential solution to this, although you’re free to correct me if you are already going to do this, or if I’m wrong. Much like how the Fireplume Regalia has the option to choose between a covered-up chestplate or a more exposed one, and the option between a more open overcoat or just traditional pants, there should be some choice as to whether or not you want the shoulder strap or not.

I personally think the game is always better with more customization, so since you already have done the work to have the feminine rig wear the shoulder strap, why not make it a variant? Then that rigging isn’t just thrown in the bin to be an unused asset.

Hope I made it clear enough and that it wasn’t just the ramblings of a tired undergrad, but I also hope you take it into consideration!

Thank you!

12 Likes