Nickelodeon announces Avatar Studios!

So if you haven’t heard the news this afternoon Nickelodeon has teamed up with the original creators of the Avatar universe to bring it back where it belongs with new animated shows and movies! I don’t know about you but I am excited about this. Certainly much more excited for this than a live-action tv series or movie. How about the rest of my fellow ATLA/Korra fans?

https://ew.com/tv/nickelodeon-expanding-avatar-the-last-airbender-animated-film/: Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, a new division to create original content spanning animated series and movies based on the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, the network announced Wednesday during ViacomCBS’ Investor Day presentation. Original creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko will lead the studio as co-chief creative officers.
The first project is already lined up: an animated theatrical film set to begin production this year.

1 Like

I loved Avatar series, but I think they need to stop milking it.

If it exists and is noticed by aspiring directors then it will be milked! The more noticeable the thing is the more likely it is to be milked!

Famous shows such as Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure, Star Wars, Star Trek, Warcraft, Diablo, DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Lion King, Tangled, etc.

There is nothing new under the sun!

As for the Avatar Franchise: They should delve into the eras of Asian Fantasy more as the modern era(Legend of Korra’s era) is boring. The Mysticism and Wonder should be the focus over realism!

I’m honestly hoping that they focus on previous Avatars or do a movie/series showing what happened to the Aang gang after the series ended (early adult life).

Pretty sure that was covered in comics, but they could easily animate it.

Yeah no.

The movie was a bit average, and the show was never all that exciting. But then, that’s my opinion. I didn’t like Naruto or DBZ either. Or pokemon.

The comics have covered a lot so far but not everyone has read them. And it would be nice to see the comics come to life as well. They have already said one of the animated movies will specifically be an ATLA movie, so unless it takes place during the first four books I imagine it will have to take place post book four and before Aangs passing.

We don’t speak of the live action movie. That has nothing to truly do with the animated series or the comics. But then again it just sounds like you don’t enjoy anime in general. And that’s okay, everyone has their own preferences and tastes. There are countless Avatar fans though.

Hell no, it wasnt, that thing was terrible

1 Like

I actually do enjoy some, but certain styles just grate me.