Next SoM changes

Remove all class/race restrictions.

So now you can play a Forsaken Paladin, a Gnome Shaman, Nigh Elf Warlock, Orc Druid, etc.

If blizz wants they can just use the nelf/tauren Druid forms for the new Druid races to reduce man hours to implement this.

2 Likes

No. These things are related to the lore at that time. Retail already has those fool changes. No need for them here.

9 Likes

Get ready to be berated by the new generation of gamers that refuse to play this like an MMORPG. That times are changing, the game needs to evolve, “We already had those in Classic, you had your turn”.

1 Like

Three races can be shaman.
Only two races currently can be paladin.
This unfair imbalance needs to be addressed immediately.

G N O M E
P A L A D I N

Our Christmas miracle.
Blizz, I will play SoM for gnome paladin.

2 Likes

But like you said, that was related to the lore at the time of release which we have already experienced and it has come and gone. Harder raids like we have now in SoM is different from original Classic/Vanilla and think it would be cool to try new things out.

Also it’s not too terrible of a stretch to imagine a group of (race) learning the skills of (class), many characters in stories have been made that are outside the norm of their particular race/society norms

And there it is, just as I called it. “We already experienced it”.

Play Vanilla > want changes > Blizzard makes said changes > dislike changes > go through several horrible renditions of the game as Blizzard listens to players whines and complains > wish Blizzard would remake Vanilla

1 Like

No, it hasn’t come and gone. This isn’t an expansion. It’s just the original with some largely meaningless changes.

The lore itself remains untouched and should remain so.

3 Likes

But the thing is you already have a option for “no changes” servers and most are low population now and days as most people have moved on either by playing retail/Classic BC/SoM or have just quit playing.

This of course depends on how long SoM will last of course, but my point is that SoM is the “changes” option to Classic, in which by no means is it perfect but it does deliver new things that are interesting to at least see whereas original classic vanilla won’t.

1 Like

Doesn’t it seem like once these changes are made, the game is going to get more and more boring? More altered, more changed, more removed. Eventually everything will be completely even and the only thing unique is what your character looks like.

But then explain why in many other stories there are characters created that don’t perform the typical roles of their race/society.

And speaking of lore, you’ll have to explain the integrity of the lore when holy undead priest were a thing lol

You’re missing the point.

The lord of vanilla/Classic has not been altered in any capacity. What happened in later expansions are unrelated. The lore of the vanilla timeline has been unchanged and will remain so.

2 Likes

I feel if anything removing all race/class restrictions opens up tons of new opportunities for character progression and story development (seeing this in a rp view) whereas pve and pvp players I’m sure will look at what is most optimal to perform their role the best, and casual players would like to try out new race/class combinations. Would feel this keeps the game interesting as it brings something new that we haven’t seen before.

I feel for those who want original classic it’d be nice to have a a single fresh server for you guys though.

And for you Blnk

I definitely understand wanting to defend the lore but you can find npc characters who have classes outside the player character options, this change would simply allow players that option which npc characters already had/have.

One can support the evolution of the game without getting rid of what made it good in the first place.

And yes, it is possible to do that. It is the reason why OSRS is still the best MMORPG in the market.

Why wouldn’t holy undead priests be a thing? It is honestly more fitting than you think.

2 Likes

Class balance.
New content.
Shamans and pallys on both sides.
Increased mob kill xp.
Explore the ideas of shaman tanks, giving pally a taunt, survival melee hunter talents, exorcism being used on all enemies and not just undead, other cool builds that are barely viable right now.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t holy energy damage undead :thinking:

Also with the lore why aren’t gender restrictions in place then, especially with nelf characters “only males can be Druids and only females can be Priest/Warriors” :thinking:

1 Like

I always knew there was something wrong with you.

2 Likes

You too could have pink pigtails.

1 Like

No.

Perhaps racial abilities could be moved to selectable Class abilities, so for example, you would not be able to have a Warlock with Troll Berserking (if such a thing is desirable to restrict).

But, regardless, I think your proposal is a pretty neat change.

1 Like