Next... "Season of No Addons"

Please discuss… blizzard should test this notion out and disable all addons on a seasonal server. I would play this.

4 Likes

Yah you can do so by playing on a private server.

great idea, we can call it “season of 100 players”

3 Likes

I can’t use the unsearchable default Blizzard bags, sorry.

1 Like

The option is already available for you, just don’t install addons. How other players play the game shouldn’t even be a concern of yours.

Yeah nobody wants this.

The servers would be a ghost town 1 week in.

All 5 of you can level together.

Just like nobody wanted classic right?

You can actually play without addons right now, just delete everything inside of your addons folder.

Blizzard has openly accepted addons since the start of the game.

Considering it arms the player base in solving UI and other QoL issues themselves, I don’t see them severing that connection quite.

I think you been watching too much Asmongold. His take on this is bad. No damage meter and i dont touch it.

:wave:

His take isnt bad, you’re just toxic and part of the problem

1 Like

People would still find a way to rank people and no add-ons just means they would require full buffs enchants and consumes on BiS gear and check your talents. If you can’t produce them all no invite.

name a single addon needed to play this game. i’d play a non addon seasonal server, addons are not really needed at all.

1 Like

I’d love a no addon server, especially if it had arena

2 Likes

How about Hardcore server with no addons… Darwinism would be at its highest peak lol

Im toxic because i like to improve as a player by seeing what ive done right and wrong in a simulated battle?

Step away from your computer bud, it might do you some good.

:wave:

No add-ons but it would still have logs.

Logs aren’t an addon.

1 Like

Fixed that for you… there is a therapist.

Asmons take is more geared at the fact that the game is built around the expectation that players will use addons. It’s not nearly as evident in Classic versions as it is in Retail.

He would like to see a game designed without the need of addons to tell me whats going on. I should be able to discern that without the assistance of addons.

You cannot progress in Mythic raids in retail w/o addons unless you are completely mad. You can do just fine in Classic w/o them.