Next patch: Fratures in time

Why?

The fact that you ask that shows that you have 0 knowledge on Draenei lore. Stop wasting my time.

I can easily see that happening too.

1 Like

Iā€™m excited for this! I can finally have my panda or zandalari warlock. Though when it comes to explaining lore reasoning itā€™s more than possible, Blizzard just has to put in the effort to make it sensible.

Like I can see Lightforged Draenei Warlocks trying to convert demons to the light similar to Lothraxian and Magā€™har warlocks arenā€™t much of a shock as we would see AU orcs dabbling in fel magic.

I imagine even after their defeat at the end of WoD many just went into hiding only now that they are among races who are slightly more accepting of the usage of fel magic decide to emerge.

Why? Seems like a future raid boss to me.

Iā€™ve always been a supporter of race-class restrictions. Having your class options kept consistent with your raceā€™s lore and characterization doesnā€™t hamper your experience as a player, it enhances it, because it gives the impression that the story matters and the gameplay largely remains something that takes place within the framework of whatā€™s allowed by the lore.

Truly a pity that they decide to remove all of these meaningful details. It will only make the worldbuilding poorer than it already is.

2 Likes

From what I understand, they viewed it as a matter of the Fyrakk assaults being stopped lore wise via his death before we move on to the next avenue of the conflict.

1 Like

Have some Eredar/Fel orcs defect to the Alliance/Horde (since the Legion is defeated itā€™s not entirely out of the realm of possibility) and give both races a red skin as customization?

10 Likes

Not sure how I feel about Warlock being widely availableā€¦ it feels like one of those classes that should be restricted unless they have a good reason to extend it. Although Draenei Warlock sounds amazing, I kinda have mixed feelings.

2 Likes

The new spec is really interesting. The idea of a fourth role, the DPS Support, isnā€™t new - though itā€™s interesting that theyā€™re implementing it as a DPS rather than actually as a fourth role. Imagine having a group with three Aug Evokers as the DPS?

I donā€™t generally mind expanding classes to new races, but I do wish theyā€™d maintain at least a basic level of sense. Lightforged Warlocks? Really?

Barbershop petsā€¦ neat, though weā€™ll need to see how itā€™s actually implemented.

3 Likes

That would be neat.

7 Likes

Canā€™t help but disagree. It had always been a detriment to me. I feel like the only way it could be perceived as enhancing is if someone wasnā€™t negatively affected by it in the first place.

5 Likes

Calling it now: Galakrond escapes into the present and Iridikron dies leaving Vyranoth as the Big Bad.

Murozond in that case is a Nozdormu who never got to fight Galakrond and thus succumbed to the Old Godsā€™ power in exchange for immortality as a true Dragon rather than die of old age as a lowly Protodragon.

The Aspects claimed that Iridikronā€™s desperation makes him dangerous. Seems he is only dangerous because he gets whatever resources he can find regardless of the risk even to himself. That said Kalecgos says he is less dangerous than Fyrakk who is even more reckless.

Sarkareth is a demonstration of the end result of the path followed by Sabellian(dying without accomplishing anything) while Iridikron is a demonstration of the end result of the path followed by Wrathion(dying while causing unpredictable chaos).

Makes one wonder what Vyranothā€™s goal is. Murozondā€™s goal is to become an Aspect while weaving the Timeline towards this exact moment.

Vyranoth sounds mocking as soon as Fyrakk leaves almost indicating that she knows Iridikron is uncaring about others to the point of self-endangerment and thus wonā€™t play on Iridikronā€™s non-existent sympathies and instead play upon his desire to win at all costs.

Vyranoth is clearly a manipulator while Iridikron is a dupe. She corrupted Fyrakk and sacrificed the too smart to be corrupted but still too reckless to know he is being manipulated Iridikron to get another Void-Corrupted Dragon.

As for the Lightforged Draenei Warlocks: Seems like Lightforged Shadow Priests arenā€™t Non-Canon. Of course one would think that such Warlocks and Shadow Priests would be in pain and explosively emanating Light(not in a way that causes physical damage) just from wielding Void and Fel.

lightforged death knights are even weirder and there wasnt even any lore on them

1 Like

Hereā€™s the dungeon journal https://imgur.com/a/R7CZQh2

4 Likes

I got no lore for my Hunter, my Rogue, my Mage, or any other non Hero class that was handed to me but I had to dig up for myself.

Opening up all classes to all races means that hereā€™s a frightening thought. YOU GET TO CREATE YOUR OWN LORE FOR YOUR CHARACTER.

Night Elf Warlocks have been around since Vanilla, both the Alliance and the Horde send you to get rid of one in Stone Talonā€¦ with the Night Elf questor also asking you to ā€œkeep it quietā€. (not that you had any other option) Every class has been employed by both factions in their war against the other faction so that is THE ONLY lore justification you need.

Maybe my Night Elf Warlock is someone whoā€™s tired of having her raceā€™s butts handed to them by the Horde or whoever else and has decided that the traditional paths arenā€™t doing the job. Maybe my Draenei Warlock saw the full failure of Valen on Argus and is looking to use the Legion against itself.

Iā€™ve played both Dreaenei and a whole bunch of other characters on questing for the Prophet. So you can take your gatekeeping and shelve it appropriately.

Night Elf Paladins have been seen in the Silver Hand Order Hall. Weā€™ve seen Night Elf Shamans at work here in Dragonflight so maybe you are the one who isnā€™t paying attention to lore.

1 Like

Umm, Iā€™m kinda living for goth Chromie aka ā€œMorchieā€. Also Tyrā€™s Infinite model is looking cool as heck!

4 Likes

No sign of Murozond being fought himself.

If Iridikron dies creating Murozond then things will be interesting.

More fuel for my theory that Nā€™Zothā€™s ā€œShe is not the last, but the first. Drown her and you will see.ā€ as well as his more recent ā€œWith many eyes, they will see again. They will drink, and be uplifted.ā€ refers to Vyranoth and the wellspring of the Halls of Infusion.

1 Like

Then you have Magā€™har warlocks.

The living and breathing oxymoron.

There is. They were Lightforged that died during the ā€˜Fourth Warā€™ (aka BFA) that Bolvar had collected and made into DKā€™s since he knew that Sylvanas was coming for him soon.

1 Like

The questline for the new Evoker spec is not really a questline. The specā€™s already unlocked when you log in, but Viridia asks you to go meet Ebyssian and Emberthal at the imprisoned dragon on the Forbidden Reach. You free her, she attacks you but then recognizes Emberthal, and thatā€™s it.

I was excited to finally have a black flight spec but Iā€™m not really digging Augmentation compared to Devastation. Thatā€™s really a shame. It not having a standard 3 minute DPS cooldown is also really weird to me, though minor I guess.