[News] The Trial of Style Has Begun: How's Your Strut?

Since I enjoy ToS, I’m doing some even if there’s no new rewards, but not having new rewards is certainly disappointing.

Also, this is certainly a time when not being able to suppress the corruption visual effect is quite annoying.

4 Likes

What’s the point of doing the event if there’s no new transmog set rewards? Very disappointing.

8 Likes

Why when you go to buy the sets it has 3 gear sets but goes up to season 4 … one of the seasons is missing?

They didn’t release a new set for season 3 and 5, looks like they are skipping season 6 too.

Hey Neth, why dont you guys go to the class forums once in awhile

This is the moment I’ve been waiting for! I am SO ready to kill the competition!

Would even settle for the ability to buy some older tier sets rather than having to rely on RNG for the tokens, especially in raids like Ulduar and Firelands where their 10 and 25 man modes have been merged.

1 Like

An event that occurs twice a year, and nothing “new” has been added for the second time in a row?

There are DOZENS of recolors of old sets languishing deep in the game files, or that only some rando NPC wears. How hard is it to make those available via this event?

This company’s lack of awareness, or care, is baffling.

Paladin examples off the top of my head:

• Red/white Lightforge worn by Crusader Latinga in Northrend.

• Black/teal/gold Lightforge worn by Commander Haephus Stonewall in Blade’s Edge Mountains. You can actually buy the matching helmet for this set in Shattrath, but the rest of the set is unavailable.

• Blue/gold Judgment armor worn by Orik Trueheart in Legion Dalaran.

• Red/dark gray Redemption and Lawbringer armor worn by Lord Sanguinar in Tempest Keep. He wears a mix of them, but I’d imagine they didn’t just recolor only certain items.

• Gold/purple crystal version of Guiding Light Mythic, worn only by Draenei NPCs in Legion Dalaran.

• Complete Trial of the Champion light blue/gold dungeon set worn by Argent Crusade guards, with proper boots and matching shoulders, which players cannot obtain.

13 Likes

careful where you step, this is made by the community manager after all. Could get you flagged or maybe even banned…

Oh, no…no, no, no. DO go insane. Give us something truly awesome, like…

Genn’s overcoat. Or…how many of you Horde would like Nathanos Blightcaller’s outfit (even if you can’t stand him personally)?

Feel free to suggest other alternatives!

2 Likes

No new rewards? :frowning:

Much disappointment.

6 Likes

I have stacks of tokens in the bank and nothing to spend them on. Not sure why they can’t offer up items that are in game and currently not available. Even buying single items like a chest piece or helm would be something. This is a great holiday – just give us more things to spend the tokens on!

3 Likes

You spend the tokens on the dance floors, fires, and spotlights you can purchase from this guy to make your thing look cooler. Or on admirers.

This is the best time to be an elf. Free mogs for everyone!

It was a blast last time it was up. I’m pretty sure it was New Years, fun times just observing in the auction house

Alright, I get that you can miss one Trial of Style for a transmog appearance but two in a row is unacceptable, because of how infrequent this event is.

What is your point? How do you get people to participate? This isn’t just fun flavor nonsense, people have come to expect a modicum of something for the Trial of Style, anything, at least one outfit. You can not have a transmog centered event like this, and just do nothing. That’s completely absurd. You could even offer existing Tier transmogs as a prize and people would be happy.

I guess I’m more baffled than anything. Why would you do this twice in a row with no transmog? This isn’t about entitlement or what we’re owed, it’s about sloppy and ineffective choices for a game that make me not want to want to participate, and sure, that might be my prerogative and not Blizzard’s, but ultimately you created this to foster a sense of fun and enjoyment. If you aren’t going to be adding mogs, you have to redesign the event to be less what is now, which is fishing for Tokens.

Like I’m not even angry, I’m just frustrated because if you feel the new mogs are hurting the spirit of the holiday because people farm them instead of for fun, communicate that with us, tell us. Or redesign the event. Something.

5 Likes

Only time I transmog my toons is when Trial of Style is up. It is too expensive to be doing it on a regular basis imo.

Just wish they would make transmog per slot and not per item like SWTOR has. That way I can switch gear and keep my transmog without having to go back and pay to have it changed again. Also would love for my druid to be able to use the feral forms I unlocked without having to find the extremely rare daggers needed.

1 Like

I have a MIGHTY NEED!

1 Like

Don’t worry, they don’t look at threads after they post them.

Neth posted a news bulletin with a broken link a month or two ago and the link stayed broken for two hours before somebody finally went and fixed it lol

2 Likes

Man Bliz is L-A-Z-Y

2 Likes