[News] Shadowlands Class Updates

As a Shaman, Im glad you finally got rid of Maelstrom. It was a terrible system.

But please, for the love of all that is good and holy in this world, nuke Astral Shift from orbit and bring back Shamanistic Rage – the true Shaman defensive skill. Astral Shift is some boring talent no one took in WoD. Shamanistic Rage is a flavorful historic skill of the Shaman class with over a decade of time under its belt.

“Classic garbage” You mean the thing that made the game exist and doubled your crappy retail sub count even in a re-release?

2 Likes

FIrst all that you for the updates with classes and the alpha in general much better than last time.

With survival the way it is, raptor strike needs to be removed and have mongoose bite take it’s place. Since the rework in legion mongoose bite is the ability for survival hunters. Which means raptor strike, without reworks, has no place in current survival.

It’s nice to have old abilities but only in the way they worked in the day. Current survival is almost nothing like old survival. With that in mind build around current survival since it has little in common with old survival. All in all mongoose bite needs to be baseline.

1 Like

Its called ‘Global’ for a reason. The Global cooldown should apply to everything, especially interrupts. The problem isnt the GCD existing. Its having a game so spammy and skill-less that you notice the GCD constnatly.

Was better in the old days when you had skills that mattered when you pressed them, not a skill to press that didnt matter at all times.

please please 2h enhance again we want some different options

1 Like

Looks pretty good so far, but for the love of all that is Pantheon(y?) PLEASE PLEASE change Shaman Lightning bolt graphic to be the same as crash lightning, it looks so much more gorgeous, natural and appealing seeing it strike the opponent from the sky.

Artifact abilities across all specs is what we all want.

Not talents, baseline.

2 Likes

a bit disappointed that warriors presumably wont be getting single minded fury back since frost gets their ability to use 2h back. maybe they will at least let us transmog 1h weapons in the near future

Nice that they’re bringing back some old abilities,

But seriously remove Void Form.

1 Like

I quit for three years when they removed the spec I had mained for 10 years. To this day, I find it absurd that they thought it would be okay to essentially delete somebody’s character. I would love to get it back.

4 Likes

1Hand fury!
please please please make this a thing!

3 Likes

Are you all looking at putting Paladin buffs (Kings, Wisdom, Might) back in???

1 Like

Do you know if we are getting all our traps back?

I browsed a few of the classes I play and I basically dislike every change… sad.

1 Like

New Talents will be available for Affliction Warlocks to more effectively drain away the life from their victims.

I don’t see any new talents for Affliction. Curses are still honor talents. Has this just not been updated yet?

2 Likes

So, basically, instead of doing something new and different, you just reverted the pruning. sounds about normal. most of those changes are going to have absurd effects in pvp, hope you planned for the nonstop barrage of hate that will follow…for example locks, the the most tanky class in pvp, will now also be able to steal healing effects, lol. they already stand in the middle of arena and cast in your face while absorbing everything you can put on them. you people never learn, just keep pruning, then restoring, prune, restore and think somehow the problems have solved themselves. hint…you didnt change anything, you took stuff away and now are giving that same stuff back. you took it for a reason.

1 Like

That is literally because the Holy Power system is trash. It’s not fun to stand around doing nothing and if you are trying to min/max your build and timing you end up sitting on Holy Power to try and use it effective or hold onto a cooldown to hit a window.

It’s such an awful feeling to be doing nothing and it’s even worse to look at cooldowns being up but go…well I need to wait for this completely meaningless resource before I can do a bunch of burst…then I can go back to doing nothing again…

They’re finally bringing back 2-hander frost DK! There was no reason to get rid of so much of this stuff in the first place, but at least they are finally bringing it all back!

2 Likes

Wait so does this mean because we will have shield of righteous ref Paladins will be able to use a shield and 1h sword ? Would that make it baseline ? Or would that make it a situational thing ? Or would that be good for pvp ? What doors does this open ?

Arcane Explosion , Fireblast , Frostbolt , and Mirror Image are once again available to all specializations, and Fire Ward and Frost Ward return to bolster Mages’ defenses

One more thought on the changes, regarding this (I also have thoughts on Priests, but that goes beyond things you’ve announced). I don’t feel Frostbolt is a good choice. It’s a filler spell, and it seems more like adding something for the sake of adding something, rather than providing any significant theming or advantage to non-frost mages. Fireblast is similar, though less blatant (as it’s not a filler spell).

Something like Ice Lance might be a better token frost spell for all mages to have.

My overall thoughts is you’re being too aggressive with your changes, and they feel more like rolling back, not adding back. Some things seem like they’re being added back solely for the sake of adding something back, and not because they contribute to class unity (how do eclipses, less intuitive names and a stupid Starfall promote class unity?). I also personally am apprehensive about adding more to shamans, or the elemental spec anyways. My elemental shaman’s bar is already quite stuffed (maybe compiling their two elementals into one of those expandable buttons like mage portals would help).

Think that about finishes my extra remarks. I have thoughts on priests that go beyond the scope of this topic (short version would be: priests are in a position of being too vague a class concept and are defined purely by the specs, a ‘priest’ can be anything).