[News] LOVE IS IN THE AIR ARRIVES IN WOW CLASSIC: FEBRUARY 11–16

If you’re referring to after the first change, you’re wrong. The empty games were fixed after the first change - hence the second change was solely for the intention of eliminating premades. Again, I don’t care about AV but this did prove your statement false.

The changes were all done at the same time.
AV was changed once.

Are you wholly incapable of reading comprehension?
Seriously, the above was not that complicated to read.

OOPS but omg im dieing LOLOL

1 Like

Not the smartest person in the world… it was changed twice just cause they didn’t make a blue post doesn’t mean it didn’t happen as the horde queue times have gotten longer. please read and get up to date with the game! thanks.

1 Like

Nope. You are wrong.
The first changes were heralded in advance by a Blue post. After these changes the people who still wanted to organize on discord had to switch over to the Horde method of queuing. They still worked.

The following week there were stealth changes and the horde method no longer worked.

Now you have me completely confused. You quoted your own post and then asked if you are incapable of reading comprehension. :confused:

You seem like an intelligent fellow. So I don’t think you are talking to yourself. But who are you talking to?

1 Like

The horde method, from what i saw going, was simply to queue up
and when your queue popped, jump into the same numbered voice channel in the discord.

(Which technically one could do without discord by simply joining the instance voice channel in game)

Not really a premade, but comms are good either way.
I suppose, if your quick, you could organize something in the grace time you have to click the accept button.

What stealth changes?
The queue number was already gone?

Several concurrent adjustments should positively affect the initial state of each instance of Alterac Valley:

• Alterac Valley will now allow parties of up to 5 players to queue together. When a party queues together, they will be placed into the same battleground.
  • There will no longer be a number in the name of the battleground in the “Join Battle” screen.
  • We’re fixing a setting that allowed the battleground to start with as few as 20 players on a team.

What AV change is not covered under that?

They stealth changed the way they batch their player pools and distribute players to matches. Previously, it was instantaneous.

Now, regardless of faction, you hve to wait about 2-3 minutes for the game to compile all players in Q and distribute them to games evenly. This effectively killed the last technique that premades were using even after the AV numbers were removed.

The quick fix, which only lasted less than a week, was to Q up with 40 people to an existing AV game that was about to end. Once that game ended, the 40 premade players in q for “AV #1” would force a new AV 1 tonopen immediately after the existing AV ended. This basically meant that if you had a premade group going, you could reserve that game for premades all day.

Now with the second stealth change, there definitely was a change, the AV games take a specified amount of time before opening any new games. It does not take into account how many alliance players are waiting.

His also artificially extended ALL Q times. by about 3 minutes

I got that 1st time queuing after the announced change took place.
But it was several days after it took place before i was any place i was able to play.

No. That wasn’t it.
In the numbered list, they chose a bg that was currently underway, and all queued for that particular number. Eventually that bg would end. Because that number was now free, it joined the rotation of new games. Because they were already queued for it, they got preference to join it. So they were able to get a larger number of people into the same bg than they were able to under the old Alliance method of simply queuing at the same time.

With the 2nd fix, everyone already queued for that (now ended) bg, were flushed from the queue and thrown into random queues.

None of the “premades” were premades in the normal sense of the word. Each discord had a few hundred people from a wide variety of servers. Most people rarely saw each other before, and often ran into the same person so infrequently as to make them complete strangers each time.

In my mind, a real premade includes people who have worked together numerous times and have a good understanding of each others strengths and shortcomings. Specific classes are recruited for specific tasks.

The best the Discord Organized Pugs could do was check to see if there were 3 healers (or a combo of a healer and a few off specs that could heal in a pinch) and about the same for tanks.
You couldn’t insure you had a competent stealth group, or enough hero mages to protect the group.
Many, many of the groups had less than 30 people in them. (though, to read the forums you constantly saw people insist we constantly had groups of 40 - that was nonsense.)
It was so rare, that the few times I saw that, the group got so excited and over confident that we ended up losing those matches. I think I might have seen 2 or 3 of those groups. Most of the time we were happy if we could get 25 to 26 in a group. We carried plenty of pugs who were not in the discord. We can’t carry them any more. There aren’t enough of us grouped up to be able to do it.

The unstoppable pally pull, was another myth for the majority of the discord groups. I do understand that the elite try hard groups, did manage to pull this off pretty often. But most of the people, (and I mean a VAST majority) in the discord groups were not part of those very small groups. I would guestimate that 80% to 90% of the people in discord groups were not part of the elite groups who were able to pull it off.

When the normal pug discord groups tried it, it was a dismal failure. It nearly always insured a loss. (I remember I burst out laughing in one group, when someone said “Oh no! Not the 6 minute fail strat again!” Because that was sooo true. I personally hated it, as did many others.)

So we tended to avoid it, and instead went for gy’s, Lts, Cmmdrs, towers and normal, 1 warmaster at a time, pulls when at Drek.

But if your only knowledge of the groups came from the forums, you would think we did it all the time and were wildly successful with it. - Wow! What a joke that is. :rofl:

Lawnmower, snowblower, triangle - those were the regular strats we used. All of them involved killing lots of horde rather than running away from them.

Bottom line - nearly all of the people in the discord groups were in organized pugs with voice coms. They were simply not on par with real premades.

But they were fun. It was nice to group up with people who wanted to play the game rather than afk or waste time arguing about why Alliance can’t win.