[News] Exalt in the Impressive Influence 100% Bonus Reputation Buff: April 20 – May 18

Being a returning player at the a** end of an expansion is a bad concept…er…just silly. the pathfinder achieves could have been completed in the first 2 weeks of bfa and part 2 in the first week that it was also made available. Stop leaving the game until the last content patch of an expansion.

No, it took me 2 weeks at the start of the expansion for part 1, and 1 week when they released part 2. And that’s on the slow side, already.

You sound silly defending a time-sink for the sake of time-sinking. Much more creative ways the devs could have had us “explore the content”.

I left for 10 years, just came back. It is a bad concept no matter how long I or anyone is gone from the game. Just because you suffer from sunk-cost fallacy, doesn’t mean I have to. It also takes much longer than you are minimizing it to. But more power to you, champ.

Edit- quotes and grammar

5 Likes

Sort of, but some things you have to go out of you way for. The most annoying is the time gate. Also, I just came back a month ago. Regardless of a 10 year hiatus or how you believe it self-completes, giving us something like flying and making it an essential part of the game for several expansions, then taking it to lock behind time-sinks is bad concept. My opinion is not greater than yours. We are both entitled to them I feel.

Edit- quotes and grammer

3 Likes

It would be great if this buff could be extended too. Not sure what the harm is. For those who already have the rep it’s at most a small amount of extra gold in their pockets. For those who recently came back to WoW, though, it’s a serious game changer in getting caught up. Some folks only had a week or 2 to benefit from it after getting to 120.

14 Likes

This exactly.

2 Likes

This reputation bonus should be permanent and extended to all reputations.

9 Likes

Thank you. Seriously. I’ve knocked Blizz - A LOT - but this got me back into playing the game…and got me all five Alliance allied races in about 70 hours of /played with a human.

1 Like

can you extend this too until the prepatch in December?

9 Likes

It took me only about 2 weeks to fully exploit it, to the point of having all five alliance allied races unlocked and Pathfinder 2.0. Granted being a human on my 120 helps…

I actually knocked out Argus reps for the LF Space Goats and Blueberry Elves between 7pm last Friday and about 12pm Sunday. That crap goes QUICK.

If I had a mind to go through the horde questing, I’m betting I could get the horde allied races unlocked as well. But I utterly despise Suramar, so no nightborne for me, and I’m having WAY too much fun leveling my fury Mechagnome. The scream he lets out when I charge is HILARIOUS.

2 Likes

Maybe if we keep asking really nicely Blizzard will extend this till the pre-patch…

11 Likes

How to do action this on your character, 100% Bonus Reputation Buff?

Blizzard: Please give us a logical reason for why you would end the Influence buff, while maintaining the Wisdom buff through the pre-patch.

Has every single player unlocked all Pathfinders?

Has every single player unlocked all the Paragon rewards they wanted?

Has every single player unlocked all the Class Hall appearance rewards they wanted?

If the answer to any of these is: “No,” then why discontinue the buff? Serious answer.

Look around Blizzard: your players are having fun. Remember fun? That thing that sometimes takes a back seat to designing game mechanics and Pathfinder achievements? That thing that makes players “want” to log in and play your games? Your players are having fun. Why you want to put brakes on that?

BfA is all over, except the celebration party. You’ve allowed people to level alts, and they’re having a blast with that. You’ve allowed people to speed up their paragon play, and they’re having a blast with that. There’s no…reason…for…brakes, at the end of the expansion. Keep both buffs running. Let your players go wild with joy. And, while we’re at it, EXTEND IMPRESSIVE TO 8.3, because both those reps are horrible. You just welcomed a sheepton of players back to retail in the last quarter. Hand out “Welcome Back” gifts; don’t be stingy.

And while I’m here…where is the physical CE of Shadowlands?

21 Likes

Well said :smiley:

Just extend and expand it to every rep. 8.3 is done and prepatch isnt until august i imagine. This is how people stay subbed.

6 Likes

For real…if they are smart they’ll keep the buff running

3 Likes

I agree, I hope that this rep boost is extended through to the pre-patch, and that it covers all previous expansions. I never got all the WoD of MoP ones, and having a boost for the next few months would give me strong motivation to log in and get them done. Plus it would be nice to get a few done on alts just for the recipes.

5 Likes

Another vote for extending the rep bonus to prepatch. Just started playing retail again a couple weeks ago and finally got to the point of doing rep grind with my new 120 Shaman. Would like to get all the allied races unlocked prior to Shadowlands.

7 Likes

Please extend this. It would give us time to unlock remaining allied races and level them.

4 Likes

honestly it doesn’t really matter if they extend it or not. they are unlocking all the previous allied races in Legion and BFA next expansion with no rep required

They’re marketing it as a chance to (1) get flying in BFA and (2) unlock allied races. I don’t like it either but since the two newest reps aren’t tied to either of those things, it makes sense.

1 Like