[NEWS] Bastion Zone and Kyrian Covenant Updates

So, how many former Rift developers are on staff now?

A LOT of the terminology, lore and art looks lifted directly from base Rift and its first expansion.

1 Like

Two things:

• Why is Bastion still the only thing you show? You’ve been giving us details about Bastion since BlizzCon, with barely anything but screenshots of the other 3 covenants. Surely they’re all far enough along to share more details?
  • I get the feeling you’re painting Sylvanas the villain now. Stop it!
1 Like

So Maldraxxus is invading Bastion… Since Maldraxxus’s purpose is to wage war upon the enemies of Death it is clear that the Anima shortage is being blamed on the Kyrians no thanks to Sylvanas sending all Souls to the Maw.

The Armies of Maldraxxus seem poised to fix Bastion by brute force!

She already is the villain, she literally sent her own people to their death which failed thankfully. Like azhara was supposed to kill us all after she released N’zoth, that was a deal the both of them made. She is the villain at this point and there is nothing that will change that track.

3 Likes

nah that would be horrid, already ruined classes by just giving them everything despite spec, aslo by that logic can u shove all racials from every race into each other and all class abilities to every clas into 1 mega class because we shouldn’t as players be locked out of abilities based on our race or class, also plate armor for mages.

This is very nicely summed up.

ikr we totally got shafted with that post, oh well at least we get to shoot through walls in shadowlands

1 Like

I’d rather leather have been shafted than presented with that horrible looking set.

Is it too late to change one of the covenants to “Followers of Amorix”?

I hope you realize that the people at Blizzard do make these decisions, and the only big changes that the developers are subject to are being encouraged to pump content out faster, as well as needing cosmetic microtransactions in their games.

if its a dress as least be a stylish short skirt and for the first time ever high heels as shoes like ashara in elf form + tyrande

Nah, I think the genocide did that.

4 Likes

Is it just me or do all the armor sets look like plate? lol Poor mail wearers aren’t even represented but maybe that’s a good thing :slight_smile:

The mail set is actually very nice:

https://i.redd.it/9yickxljtgw31.jpg

3 Likes

Please have this lead to them becoming playable… please!

The Kyrian are just too cool to not have them become playable!

(Also please make abilities available to all Covenants pls)

1 Like

If there are so many things tied to covenants (cosmetics, abilities, soul binds, player hubs, etc.) does this mean that 3/4 (exaggerated but still a big chunk) of the open-world content being produced for Shadowlands will be unplayable unless you make alts? I know they said Shadowlands would be alt friendly but this is still concerning.

Edit: Adding on to this. My friend wants to play Night Fae, and I’m undecided. If I pick a covenant that isn’t Night Fae, is this going to hinder my ability to play with that friend?

3 Likes

The covenant Armor looks awesome!

2 Likes

Yeah because the entire zone and covenant is modeled after Draenei/Mac’Aree art.

Compare the armor sets to this vigilant from Mac’Aree. Hard to make leather sets with this theme.

1 Like

Really? Last I checked, Draenei and Kyrian are different.

2 Likes

While I love the aesthetic of Bastion and it’s denizens, I’ll unfortunately be unable to experience any of this, as you guys are once again tying player power to something you shouldn’t be. Maybe link it with the SIMC data and I’ll be able to tell if this is the 25% of Shadowlands I’m going to experience.

(Because I’m certainly not leveling any additional alts as you’ve made me nervous to even consider doing such a thing with BFA).

2 Likes