[News] Arena World Championship & Mythic Dungeon International 2020 Plans

where do u see this?

Let me guess, there will be some toys to increase the prize pool, right?

Let’s be clear on this Blizzard. I’m all for helping winner get a bigger prize pool, BUT NEVER DO WHAT YOU DID LAST YEAR, as the prize pool SUPPOSED TO BE $500k MINIMUM and the winner got ONLY $50k out of it.

Mind if I ask why corruption effects are disabled here?

Thanks for the update, Nethaera. The only thing I dislike about WoW e-sports events is having to wait for the next one!

Where are our tuning changes or can we expect to see another mdi dominated by prot warriors, resto/holy paladin and double melee for 3 seasons in a row.

Also do yourself a favor and disable corruption for the mdi. This mdi is going to come down to what team got their rng proc after the prot warrior pulled half the dungeon. Calling it now.

1 Like

So we should disable all rng procs in all aspects of competitive play then, correct?

4 tank 1 healer with full Twillight Devastation/Infinite Stars gear incoming (Do you let tournament realm player pick their corruption?).

i don’t recall but way back when… was pve set bonuses usable in the competitive championships or was it only the pvp gear.
in any case, doesn’t seem out of place to have it disabled.

now the other question is, it still an option in the MDI?

You do realize dps are hitting 300K+ dps on mini pulls when their corruption pops off. Now imagine a full room being pulled and 1 team gets all their RNG corruption procs on the pull while the other gets it when everything is dead. Yes corruption should be disabled. Corruption on large pulls is doing insane damage if you proc at the right time.

Wont happen. You will see the standard setup with dps popping off in the millions of dps on large pulls when their corruption procs.

Alright, so you’re suggesting that all proc’s be disabled in all forms of competitive play, correct? I just want to make sure I am following correctly. If you’re insisting that all proc’s, including those from trinkets, from here on out, be disabled in competitive play then I agree.

If that isn’t what you are wanting and you only want certain things disabled at certain times then that’s a horrible idea.

1 Like

I said corruption. Did you read? You want to argue with me that trinkets are pulling corruption numbers of dps on pulls of entire rooms? Also post on your 120.

I did, did you not read what i said?

Are you telling me that trinkets in the past haven’t been OP to the point of being nearly god-mode broken?

So, in the end, you only want certain proc’s to be disabled to level the playing field, not all of them. No thank you, all or none.

1 Like

They are nowhere near the level of what corruption is pulling. You obviously have not played this expansion you are 110. Otherwise post on your main. Imagine triple twilight procs on large pulls. No trinket comes remotely close to that. You quoted a single line out of context. Clearly you did not read.

1 Like

imo the solution is simple. make the MDI a larger key than the ones usually being done. second specifically choose affixes that offset the viability, like maybe Bursting, Bolstering, Teeming, Fortified, reaping etc.

1 Like

Tell devs to put pvp vendors back now ! Or we riot :imp:

Corruption being enabled would be the only reason to watch the arena to laugh about who gets smacked down hardest by which procs.

1 Like

Just curious. Does Blizzard do drug testing for these tournaments? I just read an article where professional esports players openly admit they use performance enhancing drugs like Adderall to help them win prize money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/esports/2020/02/13/esports-adderall-drugs/

OT: the Washington Post has covered esports a lot recently. Not something many would expect from a mainstream, serious news newspaper. Several of the articles seem like they were written from material fed to them by esports p.r. people but a few others are actually good gamer news articles.

Don’t bother trying to have a normal conversation with Yesuna. They just go around the forums chimping out on people, and you’ll never get them to acknowledge anything even approaching a rational thought.

4 Likes

Too bad they don’t spend more time balancing certain classes, guess there isn’t enough money in that. I am surprised they aren’t making their customers pay for the prize this year.

Do you have a source on this.