Newly Announced M1 CPU

I actually bumped up my RAM and SSD (I’m trading in my Mini, so it’s going to be my only machine). Which is probably why mine will take a couple weeks :slight_smile:

What graphics setting?

I’m about to order the Mini 16GB memory, 2TB SSD version to replace an older MacBook Pro and an even older Win10 gaming rig using Gigabyte GeForce GTX680 - 2GB GDDR5 (1137MHz, 6008MHz). This is giving me 60 fps in questing but craps out in raids.

How will the Mini go with the new 9.0.2 native client? Any RL feedback will be very welcome.

What are your framerates like?

What are the FPS like in BFA?

Really curious to see the difference between native benchmarks vs rosetta benchmarks - anyone found any so far ?

Except the client in its current form does not default to native mode when in the “Default” position. I noticed this myself and once I moved the menu from “Default” to “1920x1080” the text became much clearer. So yes, that selection in the menu makes a difference, because on Default it shows at a lower than native resolution.

Yes, but the resolution slider value will change with the window size (while staying at 100%). I’m not sure of the panel resolution on the air/pro, but regardless if it’s the native resolution or not as what’s shown in that screenshot, it’s still stupidly high.

Would love to see performance at 50% render scale of native.

Supposedly you can get almost free MSAA with the Apple GPUs built in features as a bonus if Blizzard are using the right metal calls.

Either way, looking at the benchmarks released today, the GPU consumed 7watts when maxed out… It’s insanely impressive performance/watt.

Getting 45-50 FPS with M1 Mini 16gb @ 2560 x 1440, graphics settings at 5.

1 Like

Oh of course it’s going to impress on the power/watt. It was designed for mobile use first and foremost. That aside, it does still roast and toast Intel’s Xe class IGPs and…(wait for it)…no Intel Bug™. :slight_smile:

Probably the best part.

:grin:

1 Like

I do hope they can muster a real desktop sized die for an HEDT/Pro machine. That would be something I really would look at getting. They’re gonna need to offer far more than 16 GB RAM though, since it’s unified (the IGP eats some of that RAM for itself). A 128/256 GB RAM ARM Pro would make me mucho happy and would let me into the iOS game library too for some family enjoyment.

Finally someone posts some concrete numbers. Is that in Stormwind or raid or battlegrounds?

1 Like

Or in the phased starting area (which is my guess) ?

Sorry about that. Just moved to Fort Worth Texas. Still unpacking. His numbers are similar to mine plus/minus 5% at medium “5”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTtOf3RHrgo

5 Likes

You beat me to it… finally a solid show in performance.

1 Like

Much shorter one, but BFA. Someone needs to post BFA+Org/SW/Raid.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=world+of+warcraft+on+m1+apple&sp=CAI%3D

1 Like

Truly amazing for a first generation chip. I expected maybe 2-3 graphic settings on patch 9.0.2 but going up to like 8-10 and even get 60 FPS is very nice to see. Can’t wait for M1X or M2. I’m happy for everyone who got their new devices!

2 Likes

After waiting for the benchmarks and watching the videos, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered the Air with the 8/8 setup, 16gb RAM, and 512ssd. Won’t arrive for a few weeks, but when it does I’ll post a video or two doing dungeons/raids it.

Very excited to see how well the new M1’s are performing!

Also, hi Lhiv! Didn’t know you were still active!

1 Like