Newish warrior requesting critique

Hello, I started playing the game about 3ish months ago and would like a pro Fury warrior to tell me if any of my stats, trinkets, gear, etc need any improvement. The guides I have been able to find online are never detailed enough.

Thanks!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bronzebeard/georgestreet

Your set-up is overall really good. You really have three main focuses for your gearing at this point.

1. Get more crit. Try to replace pieces that have no or very little crit with heavy crit items, your bracers being the most obvious contender for replacement (Your trinkets are great, I’m not talking about them). There are better boots/belts too, but maybe not at the ilvl you have access to. Put in the time on visions and grind out more sockets, you are at the level of gear where that pure crit injection from additional sockets pays out massive dps dividends.

2. Get that corruption resistance up. You’re 21 corruption resistance behind, which is basically a full Severe 3. As you can see, this circles back around to point 1.

3. Get the rank 3 Conflict & Strife essence and replace your crucible minor with it. C&S’s omission is a nasty black mark on an otherwise beautiful setup. I don’t like Arenas either, we do what we must.

Infinite Fury is a simtrap btw. You almost never get the buff uptime to make it worthwhile. Personally I’d drop it for Simmering Rage, and switch your current SR over to Reckless Flurry.

Thanks for the detailed reply my man. I have seen you around the forums and I always make sure to read your responses because I seem to always learn something.

I’m definitely behind on my corruption resistance because it took me forever to get it to max rank. Gonna be getting the 2 malefic core every week to catch up for sure.

I have been grinding as many visions as I can to buy the socket but it took me almost 2 weeks just to afford one of those. Is it supposed to be this slow or am I just doing it wrong? I do 3 mask clears with all crystals/chests because 4/5 masks is still a little too hard.

As for conflict and strife, I will finally have it next reset. I have noticed that a lot of high io warriors use purification protocol as a minor. Do I need to get over my hate for anything Mechagon related and farm for it?

1 Like

Glad to be of help :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s a fairly slow grind. Even doing 5 masks and all possible sources of Coalescing Visions, I was only getting about 1 a week.

Excellent!

Not really. If you truly want to have every option open to you, then naturally you should grab it, but Blood-Iris/C&S/Breath is the ideal set-up in most situations. It used to be Iris minor for ST heavy keys, PP for trash heavy, but with TD3 the Iris does really well with trash too. PP does excel in aberration heavy places like WCM & UR though. Do you not have flying though? I would think you’d do Mechagon just for that.

I do not have flying haha. I couldn’t bear the thought of grinding nazjatar or mechagon even when the reputation buff was going on. Boy do I regret it now though.

1 Like

Yeah, I hate Mechagon too and while I do love me some Naz, I can’t imagine being the only guy there without flying right now :-/ Don’t stress it man, like I said, PP is a situational minor. I personally almost never use it.

1 Like

Hey man. Sorry to bring up an old post, but what corruption/setup do you use for raiding?

For raiding as Fury? The ideal setup right now is basically straight Severe and Strikethrough. You go straight Severe up until a certain point, then you steadily add Severe and Strikethrough. Why?

So below a certain level, nothing is more valuable than crit. Once you reach a certain point, all that crit makes the crit damage fairly valuable, but then crit damage makes crit more valuable. The exact breakdown of how much Severe vs how much Strikethrough is very much a sim question as it’s quite individual to each person’s individual gear setup. And also what your specific focus is - some people want to go with strictly what is the best, even by .1%, on single target. Others want to balance single target with multi target.

I personally use TDIII, because it’s easily available and still quite powerful in mass AOE and M+. I’ve still got enough corruption to run over 60% crit baseline and a Strikethrough so I find it works pretty well.

If you need help with the simming bit, just let me know and I’ll try to walk you through it.

Not the original guy and I don’t have anything to add to the actual discussion (sorry) but I wanted to thank you for your posts on these forums. I’m a new warrior (I wouldn’t bother looking at my char) and I’ve found so many of your posts super helpful and am slowly working my way towards the build (corruptions/crit/cold steel) you run!