Newer player looking for more casual/social guild

Hey folks. I’ll try to keep this short. I’m pretty much new to the game despite playing a bit here and there the last few years. Really wanting to get into this world and get to know it but I have a hard time knowing where/how to jump in.

I’ve checked out a few guilds here and there who have all been super nice but have pretty much focused solely on raiding, despite also advertising being a social guild for newer players. I’d love to get into raiding but it’s not realistic for me at this point working full time, having a family, and back in grad school. So I’d really like to focus on learning the game, classes, running dungeons and maybe even mythic dungeons.

All that said time is at a premium right now so I don’t get to play as often as I’d like but I do try to game a few hours a week. I currently have a level 60 enhancement
shaman (just started the covenant campaign) and a few other classes at various levels. Would prefer an Alliance guild but open to Horde as well. Open to transferring if there’s a good match somewhere out there.

Thanks!

1 Like

<3
We feel you, Galinn. I almost want a goblin sound macro (or I can imagine a parrot squaking - time is money, friend, squaaaaakk. I’ve found a lot of guilds will promote 'we do everything- social, casual, mythic, raiding- and I haven’t seen each one, I just find it hard to believe. WoW is just too big for a one size fits all. Plus… people… time… all the things. even as an introvert, howevver, I play for our guild community. without people to share your discoveries and build relationships with- it’s just another game. We’re small, but honest, and have no obligations or expectations other for you to enjoy the game how you need to enjoy it- and to be nice… We do for each other what we can do, when we are able to do it. Doesn’t fit for all, but if you want to see/learn more, you can reroll, or hit one of us up . You should be able to find us in the guild finder. Good Luck! and congrats with family and grad school. Not sure where this time to play is coming from!

Hello. I understand time restraints believe me, that said I play a lot. While our guild raids a good deal, we are focused on the other points you mention in WoW and more importantly it is a great group of people and I love spending time with them. Leveling, doing dungeons, Mythic + runs, or whatever the day may bring. Give us a look and if you are interested you can reach out to me on discord.

[A] [Galakrond] 9/10H - Actively Recruiting

Aegis is an adult, LGBTQ+ friendly, Alliance guild on Galakrond-US. Don’t let “adult” fool you, we’re certainly not “grown-up” by any stretch of the imagination, but we do have jobs, families, and outside responsibilities, so our approach to gaming is understanding of those things. We like to kill bosses with our friends and have a good time laughing while we do it!

Aegis currently has two set roster heroic teams, a two-night T/Th 7-10 central and a one-night Sunday at 6p central - both have consistently achieved AOTC over the past several years, both currently recruiting. We also run an open invite normal run on Saturday evenings that serves as a launching pad for new raiders, more casual players and alt experimentation. (And beverages and laughs.) We recruit players, not classes, as a rule, and strongly believe our members will have the most fun if they are playing a class that is the most fun for them. Joining the guild is not a guarantee of an immediate heroic raid spot, as the set rosters are up to the individual raid leaders, but I’m happy to put you in touch with those leaders if you want to talk that over first!

Our primary goal has always been to create a home for our members where our relationships with other players are celebrated AND our various adventuring itches are scratched, so while the guild organized activities tend to skew toward raiding and PvE content, our members enjoy a wide variety of activities, from achievements and collections to PvP and gold making. We encourage any member to start a group for the content that they enjoy and are happy to support that if we can!

If you are interested, you can let me know here or you can reach out to me (or any officer) in game. I am always on a character that starts with “Thorn” (this one being my main), or you can ask any member of the guild for me. You could also reach me through Discord: Thorn#2184.

If you are looking for a home and like to game with good people… Aegis could be the guild for you.

Hello there, i’ll drop in our guild recruitment add and if you like what you see, we’d love to have you contact one of us!