Newcomer here

Greetings fellow gamers,

As the title states I’m a newcomer to WoW. By new I mean I literally made an account yesterday for the first time. Have played OSRS for most of my life and having done almost everything possible ingame I decided to try something new. Currently I’m a level 11 Druid and just finished the tutorial. The reason I’m posting is because I have alot of questions and would rather get tips and advice from a veteran player than Google. I’m not looking for handouts. Simply, advice regarding the UI, which path I should take to level up and such. I just paid for the subscription since I find myself playing this game in the long run and anyone willing to share some tips and tricks with me would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure I’ll get my share of toxic players and hate below as well but that’s okay as well. Thank you in advance!

:pray::white_heart:

1 Like

welcome aboard!

this section of the forum is a “safe place” to ask what may seem like even the most basic of questions.
The trolls from General Discussion tend to stay away from here.

One of the best resources the game has to offer, is Wowhead
if you’re stuck on a quest, or are looking for guides, you’ll find the info here.
the most up-to-date details in regards to quests etc, can always be found in the “comments” tab… which lists the comments by date and patch number (patch number being the current version of the game at the time… i’m not sure how well versed on gamer lingo you are!)

answers in this section of forum are often slow, but you won’t get people trying to steer you in the wrong direction or offer awful advice.

2 Likes

Hey, thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely take a look at it.

1 Like

Druid is a very fun and diverse class to play, been playing one since 2005/6 myself. As for which path to follow, depends on your own playstyle and likes, however these days it’s easy enough to switch between the specializations.

Try different specializations while doing dungeons to determine what roles you may be interested in. Dungeons are a big part of the game, especially later on when you make it to level 70, and your fun could be in doing damage, healing, or tanking but you probably won’t know until you try the roles for yourself. The leveling process can be expedited by doing quests and there are lot more activities available to you later in the game but trying different roles while leveling will help you learn the class. Fortunately for you, Druids can perform all of the roles (by the four specializations) well, which will give you some flexibility and you get to decide which path to take which can be part of the fun.

Hey, feel free to whisper me anytime in game by typing

/whisper Synnlawl-BleedingHollow

If you have any questions. Some general tips I would give you right off the start is to download an addon called Hekili. This addon will help you get familiar with your damage rotation and players will be much less likely to call you out for being low on the damage meters. Think of it like training wheels that tells you what abilities to press and in what order, very handy for new players or players learning a new class.

Second tip and the most important tip, start keybinding right away, Runescape is all about clicking your gear and abilities but in wow it will hold you back greatly, the game is definitely designed around key binding your abilities instead of clicking on them. You don’t have to keybind all of them at once, start with your main damage rotation abilities and add more as you feel comfortable, druid is considered one of the harder classes to play as well so keep that in mind because druids have a lot of abilities to keybind.

The general goal for you is to get to lvl 70, there’s multiple ways to do this, you could pvp, quest, dungeons or even farming herbs and ore ( farming herbs and ore is very slow though ).

There is not a general straight forward path because wow has had many xpansions and each one was basically a different game, there’s not a linear questing path through them all.

The easiest and most straightforward path to leveling to 70 would be to do the random dungeon finder and keep doing dungeons until 60. Once you get to 60 you can go to the Dragon Isles where 95% of the player base is hanging out doing the newest content. This is where you will want to do a mix of questing and more dungeons until you’re finally lvl 70.

Once you get to 70 is when a lot more content will be available to you like raiding, mythic difficulty dungeons, ranked pvp and much more.

If you want to do quests from the older xpansions you can do that too, it can just be slightly confusing sometimes because the game doesn’t do a good job of directing you but there’s lots of resources to help you figure it out.

And again, keybind your abilities, don’t make the same mistake I made when I first started, I came from Runescape like you and clicking everything was causing me to under perform because there’s simply too much mouse movement and I couldn’t click things fast enough.

Good luck and feel free to send me a whisper anytime.

Try all the classes demon hunter death knights etc .
Choose which class is the best, play with the spells and abilities ,experiment with them. Once I had a character level 102 then Blizzard
Introduced the level cap which slashed the level in half,
It took me ages to level that character.

1 Like