New WoW player struggling to get to Khaz Algar

I just reached level 70 a day ago, and I’ve been trying to get to the new patch’s area but I’m quite confused on how to get there, and the guides I see online either just get me lost and confused(skill and IQ issue, I know lol) either due to it being them being vague like “do the related quests”, or the quests and NPCs they talk about aren’t there when I go to that place.

It felt like the guides or videos I see are like catered more to those that actually have a good understanding of WoW already, so I just feel quite lost and now am looking for someone to ask on how to get to that new island so I can enjoy the newest area.

I’m assuming you had the quest popup when you hit 70 for War Within? how far did you get? which quest(s) are you trying to do?

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure which quest pop up i should have looked for cause I got to level 70 mid dungeon-run and I was the healer so I wasn’t paying attention to things that popped up mid-battle, and that led to me not knowing which quest quest I should have done

All the quests I currently have are(Listed as “Category - Quests”):
Dragon Isles - The Challenge Tour
Ohn’ahran Plains - Sole Supplier, Thieving Gorlocs, Trouble in the Pines
The Azure Span - Free Air, Suspiciously Quiet
The Waking Shores - The Waking Shores Tour
Allied Races - The Call for Allies
Dreamsurge - Shaping the Dreamsurge
Dungeon - Neltharus:Secrets Within , The Nokhud Offensive
Herbalism - The Gentlest Touch
Heritage - Return to the Echo Isles
Warbands - Warbands: Warbanding Together
World Quest - Uniting the Isles

I saw on some videos saying that I need to go to Dalaran and get a quest from there and finish it, I also saw some guides saying I need to talk to an NPC first( Moira Thaurissan) in Dalaran’s Chamber of the Guardian but I couldn’t find her anywhere inside there, I also asked around in Orgrimmar for help and I was told to talk to Khadgar in Dalaran, from which I got the quest of “Uniting the Isles”, I’ve been searching up on how to get to the new area and trying various stuff for several hours already and it has been frustrating cause I quite suck at searching up things on the internet lol

it looks like you probably didn’t accept the intro quest. It is actually called ‘The War Within’ and would have sent you to Sithilus. I think you can actually open your Adventure Journal and pick it up from there. Should have you go and talk to Thrall.

1 Like

Just to double check, have you bought The War Within expansion? It’s required if you want to do any of the new zones.

1 Like

oh Wait, so Subscribing to WoW isn’t the same thing? I didn’t know that War Within was an expansion… That explains quite a lot now lol

Yup, subscribing just gives you access to the base game (which currently includes all content up through Dragonflight.)

There is a lot to explore if you want to wait a bit before investing the extra money. There’s a ton of old story to explore. If you like collecting things like pets, mounts, and transmog, there’s a ton of that in the older content. On the other hand, if you’re main interest is the more social aspects like raiding, most people will be doing the current content and you’ll want to get TWW to progress to 80.