New World on Twitch

Why do all these MMOs seem to die out so fast after they’ve been released?

It seems the only real competition WOW has had, has been FF14 and maybe Guild Wars.

3 Likes
Ooh! I can answer this one!!

Lack of gnomes.

8 Likes

You know you might be right. I mean that could be one part of why people lose interest in a game, the lack of choice.

4 Likes

A lot of them lack polish and depth. When everything’s shiny and new that’s fine but once the new car smell wears off people get bored.

5 Likes

I agree. This is an actual quote from me last year:

There are no gnomes wtf wtf uninstall

It’s just heartbreaking, the amount of developers making games with 0 gnome count who think they can flop it out on the market and see it flourish.

2 Likes

They let bugs run rampant and the economy is irreparably destroyed

2 Likes

because they are new. people probably try to steamroll content to get to end game then when they literally have not much else they want to do they quit. same thing happened with SWTOR i believe.

it’s like bruh it’s a new game it’s not gonna be like WoWs current state where it has X amount of years worth of content in it.

i think that is the main reason besides typical hype. there are other factors i assume as well like hype as i stated lots of people play a game because it’s popular and later quit. game might not have lived up to the individuals expectations.

3 Likes

You might have a point as well.

It’s probably the reason why I play Guild Wars 2 from time to time because it has depth and lore like WOW has. FF14 is just great story telling with an FF theme to it.

It has to be frustrating to release a game that people lose interest in.

1 Like

Lack of females to be honest. New World looks so sweaty and boring.

2 Likes

Is the economy that bad?

Why does the title mention Twitch?

There was multiple different duping issues and since their bug and exploit report forum requires to to say how to do it exactly, every bug and exploit was out in public for people to copy.

Plus their resources were messed up, max level resources cost less than starter resources.

4 Likes

Overhyped.

Paying streamers to play your game, only gets you so far. Those streamers need to also enjoy the game in order for it to continue working.

I feel this is because like WoW, FF14 and Guild Wars have made their share of mistakes. But unlike WoW they have risen above those mistakes to be a better game.

(Primarily talking FF14 in this example, my knowledge of GW is limited.)

3 Likes

I’d rather play outside than play New World.

Games with a lot of hype will have good launches in terms of the number of players, but often they fail to live up to expectations. Some drop off is expected.

That being said, New World has some significant issues.

It does fry graphics cards for one thing.

It’s had some serious bugs like duping bugs.

Amazon went back on their word about server transfers, which didn’t help.

Just to name a few things.

1 Like

The problem I have with Guild Wars is the lack of character options but they’re making expansions and sticking to the lore of the original Guild Wars.

I’m looking forward to the End of Dragons Expansion and a return to Cantha.

One thing I give them props on is the Human lore in Guild Wars, its very interesting.

Yeah, that is a no go for me, WOW first I heard about this.

I tried it in the past, I thought it was okay… never made it very far. But I do remember enjoying the bit I played, in the end though I ended up going back to WoW. :neutral_face:

This being a few years ago… :sweat_smile: my how times have changed.

1 Like

I mean… wasn’t New World the game that literally bricked higher-end gaming computers during the beta?

2 Likes

It’s a half baked pvp game with barebones pve tacked on

1 Like

New World is like Bezos rocket . Lots of hype , a short launch then a sudden drop

2 Likes