New World looking kinda good!

Been playing Wow since about a month after it came out (lost my first account.) But I have to say New world is looking kind of awesome. Gonna try it out. Anyone else giving it a try?

9 Likes

untill it bricks your graphics card cause you turned v-sync off

20 Likes

Been playing since the first alpha. It’s bad and hasn’t gotten any better.

3 Likes

I was going to but canceled my preorder before I even got my invite.

Just watching people play it looks… really boring. Bland combat, way too much focus on crafting, and questing that seems designed to slow you down. Boring repetitive “kill 10” quests.

Not sure if it’s true, but I’ve also heard about items going on the store to boost exp and stuff, which makes sense since it’s box price only and no monthly sub. Some mobile game elements will leak in. Plus it’s Amazon.

6 Likes

I was a lot more interested before I saw it was a MMO. I obviously could be wrong but it looks like the sort of game/world building that can be amazing single-player but doesn’t translate well to multiplayer.

1 Like

The game is supposedly in the right direction now, after the developers have finally decided on which direction to take it.

This, however, means that the game currently is not even half-baked and still in far earlier stages of developement than what the developers like to proclaim.

It is not in the beta stages, it is at best in late alpha stages.

Well, after these comments Im less stoked. Thanks for the feedback!

It’s going to do fairly well. Don’t let the naysayers stuck on tab targeting and mount running dissuade you. New World, Ashes of Creation, etc., are the future of MMORPGs. It’s been a blast playing not only this beta but earlier builds. It’ll come to fruition.

14 Likes

As mentioned, the game is supposedly going in the right direction.

But at this point it seems that Amazon intends to release a product that is not even close to finished.

1 Like

New worlds combat isn’t as good as ashes of creation, even with ashes being in alpha or w.e.

New world is like, a year of dev time away from being really good. I don’t think it’s ready.

I’ve been playing it non stop, all my mates are hooked

Most fun I’ve had in a game in a long time

Game doesn’t determine a path for you, you make your own way

Combats tight, world is amazing, sound design is on point

And the combat is so far beyond ashes of creation combat the post above me makes me wonder if they’ve even played the games

7 Likes

You mean those gfx cards that are getting replaced by the producer because they were faulty from the start?

4 Likes

i havent seen any group content. just a single guy run around pretty trees.

All good. I appreciate the feedback. Its why i asked. Thanks for taking the time!

I did the first dungeon; won’t lie about it, it was a face roll however I had 3 players using attacks the mobs were weak to so we were just mowing down everything in our path

Apparently the 35 dungeon has a bigger difficulty spike that continues on afterwards

Wish I could give you more info

I was just afraid you would deterred from keeping an eye on it.
So I wanted to make sure you understood, that there is indeed a possibility that the game will shape up to be something amazing.

The biggest hurdle to overcome just seems to be Amazons insistence on pushing it out despite it not even being close to finished - it is also a mild warning for you, i fyou choose to buy it. To tell you that if you do, and indeed find it lacking and silly to play, then it is likely because they are not finished with it just yet and you have simple bought into an early access title.

1 Like

I’m sure Amazon is frustrated that it has already been delayed by a year…Not saying they should rush it, but that’s a long time with apparently very little return.

Thanks Nippyss! Sounds like youve put some time in the game. Great info. I feel restoked 8)

2 Likes

Feels more complete than shadowlands did

You’ll get more bang for your buck from new world at a cheaper shelf price than shadowlands

3 Likes

tell me about the raids with hundreds of players, please. that is REALLY what I am looking for in an MMO.