New Ticketing System Fail?

I’ve been gone for awhile, and apparently the ticketing system got changed some ways back, but I can’t be the only one that thinks it is objectively worse in all aspects.

For one, I don’t even think that it’s possible to open a ticket from in-game anymore, the support system is laggy, unintuitive, and just seems designed to make you frustrated and give up, unless your problem is one of the obvious ones listed in the suggestions (Spoiler: it usually isn’t.) I’m not helpless, I figured things out when we had thottbot, and that website was a mess compared to Wowhead. If I had a simple problem, I wouldn’t be coming to ya’ll for help.

Secondly, the wait times have become truly horrendous. When I used to open tickets the last time I was active, I could expect a response within the same day, within 2-3 hours or less, usually. If I had a bugged quest, I could get assistance right away. Now I have had a ticket opened for a bugged quest, and that ticket has been sitting for three days. When I opened the ticket I was told the wait time was around 16 hours, and now the wait time just keeps growing the longer it sits open.

I’m paying you guys a monthly subscription. When I can’t progress the campaign quests on the character I want to play, I kind of feel like I’m wasting my money, and each day that goes by only increases that feeling.

Vent over. I know times change and systems change, I just wish they didn’t change to the detriment of paying customers.

8 Likes

There are so few things that the GMs can do for us now that you’re better off asking about your problems on the forums before wasting time opening a ticket. Most tickets should’ve simply been bug reports.

4 Likes

it is terrible but they deliberately made it terrible so no one makes tickets

10 Likes

Quests are not usually something GMs can assist with.

If it’s bugged, you post it in Bug Reports.

If your issue is yiu can’t figure out how to do it, you research on Wowhead or ask around here, because GMs aren’t allowed to give that information.

You had an issue putting in a ticket, because there is nothing a GM can do for a bugged quest.

If you want or need more info, edit your thread and move it to the Customer Support Forum.

1 Like

Kind of. I have complained plenty about the ticket system and how many hoops you have to jump through with it. But someone pointed out to me once, it’s to discourage people from making frivolous tickets. Yes it is a hassle to use because that way only people who really need it will keep pushing through. Which does make some kind of sense. It is a brutal, potentially flawed logic. But logic nonetheless.

1 Like

It is, I did it… Wednesday, I think?

It is the week of prepatch and there are a lot of ongoing bugs, so ticket times are higher than expected. Generally I get a ticket back in under a day. That said, GMs cannot fix bugs, and generally cannot bypass quests for you either, so you want a bug report, not a ticket.

Let’s not do the conspiracy theories.

1 Like

the alternative is they are just incredibly bad at their jobs. why would you create a system like this when the previous one worked perfectly fine for us

1 Like

Streamlining things on their back end and standardizing things, I’d imagine. They are a business, they are there for the purpose of profit, not self-sabotage.

1 Like

it is profit to them to have less tickets…

If something is “bugged”, they’re going to refer to you the following places:

1. There’s a Bug Report Feature (same as the Suggestion Box), on the front page of the Support Window, when you first click on it, in-game.
  2. Post your findings in the Bug Forums
  3. In the event that it’s not bugged, the CS Forums can be helpful with pretty decent players that know the ins and outs of this game and can crack down on what the issue is. This is hit or miss, though.

GMs don’t fix bugs.

you kind of failed to mention what the problem is.
…you didn’t come here for help, you came to complain.

So… what did you need help with?

1 Like

Company is too big to fail. They lose profits from bad decisions and just fire people to make up for the shortfall. Which is of course a bad decision. But they just keep doing it.

They’ve had periods where it’s been close to a month.

It is bad. I Remeber playing around the time Cata was out and if I had to make a ticket it was simple and easy, then usually within an hour (Sometimes longer) you’d get a nice blue message from a GM actually ready to help you out. Now it’s a mess of menus and diversions to dissuade you from even making one.

1 Like

Yes, I know GMs don’t “fix” bugs. But in the past when I was stuck on a bugged quest, I have had GMs do SOMETHING to get me back on track, whether that was flagging a bugged objective as complete, or spawning in a unit so I could complete a quest or something.

Now it seems like they can’t even do that, or if they can, its gonna be several days later.

It’s so bad dude. I should not have to wait DAYS for a response in a game I’m paying a monthly subscription for. Typically the quality of customer care improves over time in situations like these, but I feel like the “new” system is objectively worse and it’s weird that the greens and blues seem to be of the opinion that this is fine and we should deal with it?

1 Like

yeah they genuinely havent cared for a long time sadly, my friend told me she placed a ticket twice and each time they just dissapeared.

i put one in because i was dealing with an absolute psychopath and got a template reponse so… it truly is the wild west out there

1 Like

I remember way back one time had a quest mob that kept evading in the last couple of hit points. Didn’t take long to get a GM, they asked us to try killing it again, it evaded at the end and returned to full health, GM said something along the line of ‘yep its bugged’ then suddenly it died and was lootable, we where told to have a good day and the ticket closed.

I’m not even sure what a GM is allowed to do anymore. They can’t reset things or restore something lost from a glitch (progress, achievements, pets, mounts, etc.)
Every ticket is a long wait only to be brushed off on the first one and told to submit a bug report on the second.

There should just be a chat bot handling the tickets, and in the off chance it is something a GM can help with forward it then. The amount of tickets would be way down and players would have immediate support for most issues.
It could even file the bug reports, which would lessen the duplicates.

1 Like

I literally cannot use the support system OR in game shop. The special browser stuff doesn’t load.

I had a character that was phased in Org for years before I posted something on the forums about it and managed to get a ticket made that was eventually fixed. The ticketing system is intentionally difficult I believe. It’s easier to search for a link to the actual ticket creation than to go through the looping questions and still not have created a ticket in game.

1 Like

Back in the day they did and I was privileged to see it happen live. They re-spawned a bugged mob for me to kill to complete a quest in Ashenvale.

I made the report , took a flight path out but got to back me pretty quickly that I remember flying back because they got back to me quicker than I anticipated.

But you’re right, no they don’t do this now. It’s more automated and go usually what’s getting the most feedback in the bug and technical forums.

1 Like