New Talent System, Too Many Nodes

They will. I think they are removing the tomes and letting you do it baseline.

It wouldnt stop raids from switching outside of raids and summoning back inside though.

I hated when people find loopholes to every situation.

They are not bringing back those old design philosophy since you can change talent freely without being in rested area.

I know, and I was hoping for trees like that. Not this spread out PoE mess.

Yes. If you are a good player you will probably be having different builds saved to each spec.

One can ideally have an ideal build for each keystone dungeon with how niche some utility spells are for certain classes.

You will be swapping builds as needed.

I expect raiders to be swapping builds regularly for each fight since raid designs usually arent all aoe based for example.

Some fights value sibgle target more, some fights like niche utility like soothes or fear cleansing,

For healers raid healing and dungeon healing builds is already a thing on live.

For tanks solo raid boss builds vs adds builds, or even damage oriented vs survival based.

For dps single target, cleave, funnel, aoe, spread cleave, or spread pressure are multiple example of builds you’ll swap to and factoring in niche utility for certain fights.

You got things like raiders not needing an interrupt as much as mythic plus players for example as well.

Classic and Dragonflight talent tree isn’t the same design.

Op just got roasted by a Tuuln alt first reply lol.

I know.

Totally brah. Cause if you don’t like Path of Exile skill systems then yur a nub amirite?

^^^ This, as someone who hasn’t played retail since Legion and before that Cata, I’m actually going to give dragonblight a chance because of the talent trees. I want to be forced to think, not play an auto simulator class.

1 Like

New talent system is needed and fine. Old ones were stale af and needed to go.

You’re going to play a cookie cutter build like everyone else.

Developers’ note: In this Alpha build, we’ve removed the rested area requirement for changing Talents and Loadouts. Players are now be able to change their talents anywhere out in the world, as long as they’re not in combat. Additionally, previous restrictions such as not being in an Active Mythic+ instance or in a Rated PVP match still apply. In tandem with loosening this requirement, we’re adding a 5 second cast time when players change their existing talents/loadouts to prevent players from immediately swapping between different builds. This cast time does not apply to any new Talent points gained, those can be spent and activated immediately. Please let us know your thoughts on this change.

(Not my words but from a game developer)

I don’t play outside of vanilla for the most part. I prefer vanilla skill trees. These aren’t done well. These are like three trees in one, mish mashing as if that adds some level of “wow that’s interesting”. No it just make it goofy and convoluted for no reason.

Atleast it’s a better tree than that of the classic one where it was disjointed and not coherent in its design.

Yea I did not mention mythic plus or rated pvp. I said raids.

Mythic plus you never could swap your talents inside. But you do that before you start. Like why would I take a poison cleansing totem if the dugeon has no poisons? Why would I talk purge if I can’t dispel anything?

Your going to have a bunch of utility only useful for certain dungeons.

Some bosses don’t have poisons… some fights I literally can’t use hex. So we put talent points into stuff like defensives and off healing in those fights.

This is like definition of niche talent you won’t want to use all the time. Maybe a fight or two. Dungeon or two.

I know what niche is. And back to the swapping talent issue I don’t think you can swap inside a active raid just like in a active mythic plus or whatever. (In dragonflight)

You can do it now with the tome from professions. They are removing the need to do that though with the rested area requirement.

Items like this already let you do it for raids and stuff like mage tower.

I was talking about dragonflight talent tree not now in shadowlands.

Omg… yes. The quote you mentioned also said removing the needs for tomes…

If you can do it in raids now. That means you can do it in DF.

I need prove of the new talent tree inside in a active raid environment.