New Talent System, Too Many Nodes

No one with two brain cells cares what a streamer says. It’s clear you know nothing about these talent trees and haven’t worked with them.

2 Likes

It will be fine when you just pick one at a time as you level. That’s how Classic is/was.

As per their statement “we are finished design iteration”?
Out of curiosity what lead you the conclusion you came to?
They have already said they are moving on to balancing and away from class changes.

It is amusing how people were upset about having to spend 31 (or however many it was) to get your capstone talent before branching out, compared to how the design is currently.

The freedom was still largely superior, and as you mentioned so many classes were in their best iterations, probably why they were largely held until Legion release (with of course minor positive and negative changes throughout)

1 Like

could possibly believe that it is possible to achieve inter-class balance with 100+ node talent paths multiplied by the total amount of possible combinations.

However, I do recognize that asking for 2 brain cells is a lot these days.

Also, most people fail to recognize (back to the rarity of a 2 brain cell homosapien) they enjoy MMOs because they get to interact with others. It does not matter how much you personally enjoy the game, if most people do not enjoy the game, they will not play the game, and by extension neither will you.

I highly doubt most people (which is what matters in any MMO, otherwise you would not have one) want to juggle 100+ talent node choices and a different loadout for every raid boss, dungeon boss, BG, etc.

Add to that talent node changes every single time you sim with new gear and then optimal talent choices change as a result.

Time is unforgiving.

not me. blizzard is soon gonna fall flat on their face with this stuff. i dunno who has been asking for talents to be brought back but they definitely werent around when we used to have talents before and they were removed because they were pointless.

someone gotta give these people a shake. the game is a dying and hemorrhaging subs like crazy and they continue to make history repeat itself for things that nobody wanted in the 1st place.

1 Like

If you have played your class for any length of time prior to DF most of these are things you are already familiar with. For these people it allows for a wide range of customization depending on skill, content they are doing and filling out the rest of the points in whatever utility they want.

For players that are not familiar with the class there are the basic templates and you can always use google to find the best spec as said many times throughout this thread.

“Can” being the key word here. You can also change your load out by a great deal.

Destro can skip conflag completely and have a three button spec going down the right side. Or it can go on the left side and pick up a ton of additional spells, some of which you could not previously have had at the same time like being able to grab the entire first row of the talents on live in the same build (and in fact you can grab at least two talents in the same build from each row.)

You as the player get to decide if having 11 spells is just right or way to much. You get to decide if you want to build for more single target, cleave or aoe. You get to decide between picking up movement utility, cc or survivability. None of that was really possible in the live version.

But as you said for most people they can continue with the same build they have (or similar) if they want. This is really a bonus for people who like a bit of variety or need less complexity (I will be running the three button rotation myself thank you very much.)

Thank you for proving that you know absolutely nothing about how these talents work.

99% of all talent points are things we’ve already had.

This was a really dumb comment for you to make to out yourself as a doomsayer who knows nothing.

Blizz reinventing the wheel again…

I wanted em back, i never wanted them to be removed in the first place. It made for class experimentation fun. I still think they havent gone far enough, we need 1k talent point trees so we can really go crazy with class builds, frostfire mages, tanking clerics, mobility warlocks, bomber warriors…

but only 1 true way to build for min maxing.

they cant even balance classes when there is no talents let alone 1k talent point trees.

Blizz doing something that needed done ages ago. The crap talent system we have now is utterly piss poor and completely uninteresting, unimaginative and not in the least bit engaging.

It’s pretty easy to tell that people who rail against it haven’t even used it.

I think it is funny how some will go the DF system will just create cookie cutter builds .

Every system has the only difference is with the Vanilla- Wrath along with the Cata trees and the DF system we got/get the whole

With Mop-SL we got the cookie snack packs

Give me the jar any day

Balance is already impossible in wow, or any class and role based game. Since it cant be done, might as well go for the fun factor.

You would play destruction without conflagration? I honestly couldn’t imagine.

From what I see, right now you can pick channel demonfire, increase your single target, or go all in on rain of fire. On the new talent system, that is basically the same thing you will end up with in DF, and that’s before we know how the tuning looks. Considering right now you would only go a different direction than single target or rain of fire if you literally do not care how you perform depending on your content choice.

And it’s unclear to me if a lot of the nodes in the class tree are just getting us to how tanky we currently are, or if they are actually improving our tankiness.

But whatever. I’m very glad that people can theoretically do different things, and I’m glad it has people excited. I don’t personally see it as anything more than a more difficult system to balance, in a game where they already struggle with balance.

Laughs in Path of Exile

Yup, right now backdraft only stacks twice and does not stack with the 20% decreased time of CB from Madness meaning that its an increase to the cast time of your second CB if you include the GCD required for conflag.

Its primary use seems to be heavy movement and for soul fire. In content that those are required it might be good otherwise going entirely on the right side works very well giving you cycles that end with around 40k CB’s in the starting gear.

Of course once some bugs are worked out this may change as Crashing Chaos and Burn to Ashes do not currently work correctly (or at least didn’t the last time I tried them.) But at the moment when it comes to bosses I’m almost always top dps by a large margin (even on heavy movement fights if you pop defensives and just eat damage to keep casting.) Oddly I lack in aoe as by the time I get to the next fight mobs are already dead (trash doesn’t have nearly enough health) and the tank is pulling enemies out of RoF to grab even more enemies.

You also get a choice between the three bottom paths as all of them are pretty good (although again not all of them are working correctly.) As far as balance well thats up in the air as we have see primarily talent changes so far and balance passes are just starting. So of course things may change radically.

• I do have to look at the damage for F&B as it didn’t seem to be doing 25% last night.
  • I might also try Cataclysm with Demonfire for higher burst although it slows down RoF casting which means it will deal very little damage (loose the extra soul shard and 20% damage from Inferno and 25% from Madness.)
  • Internal Combustion needs a serious buff as right now its not competitive in damage and for long CB chains even with the increased duration of Immolation it runs out. And continuing to chain casting CB without Immo does more damage than refreshing Immo.
  • Mayhem needs some work, at the moment it applies havoc to targets in a huge range including those not in combat. It has been responsible for a huge amount of additional trash being pulled much to the tank and healers frustration (luckily we do have the tankiness to tank up to 4+ mobs in normals and 1-2 in heroics.)
1 Like

Apologizes I missed this somehow. Its a mixed bag depending on spec talents picked and the environment.

• Voidwalker is actually pretty good in the open world and has allowed me to solo rares that kill others.

• Darkpact is amazing when paired with GoS. It can allow you to survive mechanics that will one shot anyone but a tank.

• Soul leech with GoS is good enough to allow you to solo elites with ease although two seems to be the limit without other CD’s. Damage is normally not the problem with elites but the cc they put out forcing you to move and not do damage is.

• If you take all the drain life talents it will heal you faster than most things can do damage at least in the open world.

• I haven’t seen much benefit from Sweet Souls in dungeons but I’m guessing it will be a great source of healing in raids.

• The rest of the talents operate as normal in SL.

Overall we feel amazingly tanky if you take all the survivability CD’s. Enough so that other classes will follow you around because you can pull much larger than they can. This happens so often I’ve started to expect classes like evokers and mages to start asking to group up.

One problem I have is that you are pretty much required to use burning rush. This means things like mortal coil are used on the next pack to heal you back up before starting your rotation. Again though this has more to do with stuff dying so fast in normals that tanks are practically immortal and never really stop.

1 Like

Dont worry, they will only be a set path for PVP and one for PVE…as always its an illusion of choice

90% of the nodes are getting things back (legendaries and covenant)