New Talent: Shadowheart

Continuing the discussion from The War Within Alpha Development Notes:

I don’t understand this talent. Leech returns a portion of damage as healing. When I’m in stealth, I don’t really do any damage. And with Shadow Dance being moved to Subtlety only, it makes even less sense.

I hope this is at least a choice node with something more useful.

1 Like

Bleed the heck out of people and vanish / restealth to mimic lying in wait but in a non degenerate way. It is a good situational bonus that isn’t meant to be permanent for balance reasons.

On demand will still come from vial / vanish / iron stomach / recuperator naturally.

2 Likes

it’s almost useless
even if it were 3% permanent and you probably had better things to spend that point on
if they wanna say “while in stealth” it needs to be at least 10%
consider that other classes have 5% permanent

8 Likes

For situational buff it would need to be a lot more than 3% to matter you can see what 6% does right now and it isn’t much of anything.

Also the note of recuperator isn’t nice to see we’re back to having it locked behind something again for something that should be in the start of the tree and it’s location is as if it’s something powerful…

Makes as much sense as having second vanish capstone replacing shadowdance…

6 Likes

The core tree is losing Shadowdance but gaining another Vanish charge. I’d assume that charge is affected by Restless Blades independently so outlaw stealth uptime in subertfuge windows will actually go up I think .

Now as to how useful have leech in those subterfuge windows is… meh.

for assa , losing SD is a net loss in stealth uptime
2 charges of vanish and 3 seconds extra subterfuge don’t make up for 6 seconds every 1 minute.
unless you can restealth, in which case, those 3 seconds extra start adding up

2 Likes

I see your point however, 8% before accounting for things like the stacking .5% effect from fatebound is pretty solid. They cannot and should not make it ultra strong and instead , made it a supplementary talent within reasonable means. Cumulatively leeching can be good and shadowheart is situationally decent adding into that. It is a nice and small appreciated boon and I’ll take it.

I agree on Recuperator but with the addition of cut to the chase, a near permanent hot is pretry rough. Iron stomach provides the same healing but only during vial opposed to a longer hot provided by recupe. While as cool as that was in cataclysm for the 5.5% (i think when all the talents were up from us subtlety and combat rogues) that was far too strong.

They shifted us to instead have different tools to help us out as the rogue may need to use vial during x and vanish for soothing darkness on a whim. The temporary healing is there. I would like to imagine given each rogue’s independently unique tactics, things can do well. I dig the changes.

1 Like