New talent preview on CC Forums

It seems weird that these are post on the community council instead of the Classes forums

The community council only have aprox 100 players that not always respond or create new topics, requesting feedback there is a bad decision because you won’t have enought players for all classes among that small sample.

Just my opinion that CC as a tool could work for some topics but not for others that you need specific requirements like being a DK/DRUID player, Blizzard requires a bigger sample of players from Druids/DKs Mythic players, Glads to Casuals…etc

6 Likes

That is an odd choice.

3 Likes

There is a General Discussion thread. There’s a bug right now that has it 404ing, but they’re working on fixing it.

2 Likes

I like everyone I’ve seen on the community council, but I do not trust them to represent my issues when it comes to spec design. There just aren’t enough people - 100 people for 36 specs, how much specific feedback are they expecting?

Here’s what I want for Marksmanship.

More focus regen from steady shot or reduced focus costs. Without the borrowed power, MM is focus-starved. Leveling as Marksmanship is much less fun because of the amount of time you have to spend gaining focus.

Bursting shot is weak and it doesn’t work half the time.

MM should be able to hero without summoning a pet, many people play for the sniper fantasy and don’t want to break their lone wolf buff.

1 Like

A lot of the times it doesn’t work is because Knockbacks have a ridiculously long DR. So if someone used something that does a minor knockback, that mob/player is immune for a while. It’s stupid tbh. lol.

This still bothers me so much. Why should we have to take a DPS loss to hero when no other hero spec has to? Lol.

1 Like

I’m glad that someone who doesnt play death knight responded to their question about DK talents.

1 Like

Gee. It’s almost as if getting feedback from people who don’t play about why they don’t play is helpful. :exploding_head:

And it’s almost like there are Death Knight players who will also reply. :exploding_head:

And for the record, I have literally 5 Death Knights at level 50. So I do play Death Knight, just not in Shadowlands cause Breath of Sindragosa is way too prevalent.

2 Likes

GD is also a bad choice, since Devs already have a classes section, they already have everything to split feedback on their own forums before CC creation, I think GD has more issues because a lot of players don’t provide good feedback or just another random topics will split attention, it’s better to focus on the current forums around each class that usually don´t have toxic players and spam

1 Like

It’s probably a dev time situation - reading 12 separate forum threads takes longer than 1 main thread.

But that’s just an assumption.

EDIT: For the record, I do agree the class forums would be better though. Don’t want you thinking I think GD is the best place. Lol. I was surprised they made CC threads, considering we have a general DF talent thread in CC already.

Thank you. Additionally, it’s just clunky to have to spend time dismissing a pet that I didn’t want to have out in the first place. In low keys, I will just summon before the pull and dismiss after the pull, which is clunky but acceptable. In higher keys, you must do mental math using how many targets you have and how long you expect the fight to be to determine if it will be beneficial to drop the pet in favor of the lone wolf buff (which regains over 20 seconds - 1% more every two seconds). It’s also optimal to hero right as you are almost done dismissing the pet, which should align with the time the boss is pulled, so you have to make assumptions about your group’s damage before you even start the fight. It’s quite difficult to optimize, it’s much more work than any other spec has when they’re trying to hero.

I just want something for BM that doesn’t rely on pet cleave for AoE. Pet cleave is such a bad mechanic to base a spec’s AoE around

1 Like

Considering they outright ignore the Dh class forum I’d rather it not be put there to gather dust when our preview thread comes.

I think that 12 separate forum threads will consume more time but the sample of players will be better compared to CC.

True, their solution was the CC forums but there’s a lot of topics that requires a more active community , bigger sample and the most important aspect Devs response

Like I said, I don’t necessarily understand why they made CC threads. Lol. Most of us could’ve just given our feedback in the general DF talent thread there.

1 Like

It’s on their main website. Has been for an hour and a half.

For the druid tree, I am hoping that if I take a talent not affiliated with my spec that I can still use it in that specs form. I am tired of grabbing skills of other specs in the current talent tree only to find out it transforms me back to humanoid to use it and then I have to reapply my specs form. It’s a loss of dps/heals/tank aggro what have you when I have to flip flop like that.

Please Blizz, make ANY skill chosen usable in ANY form. Otherwise go back to the drawing board.

its on the CC
Because blizz dont want
feed back from players
just the yes men

1 Like

Blance Druid
I am saddened there is no talent that gives Celestial Alignment like Primordial Arcane Pulsar. Through all the iterations of Shadow Lands Pulsar + 1 Minute Convoke has been the most fun to play. And I am here for fun aspect.

Going back to wet noodling for 2.5 minutes is not fun. I don’t see how I can avoid that in the new talent tree.

I do like the concept of choice talents, I suppose that prevents broken combinations.
The possibility of 3-4 dots seems interesting, assuming adaptive swarm is good for balance.

I like some of the class choice abilities, like the one that converts your single target damage into AOE heals.

I like that it looks like you can get pretty good at a sub spec or spread it out.

I like and hate that I won’t be able to get every ability, I do feel very bloated as a druid.