New Sylvanas novel available for preorder

Available November 9th, 2021 wherever books are sold.

9 Likes
36 Likes

The new World of Warcraft novel, Warcraft®: Sylvanas is now available for pre-purchase and will release on November 9, 2021, wherever books are sold. Authored by New York Times best-selling and award-winning writer, Christie Golden, this new novel chronicles the epic, definitive story of the legendary Sylvanas Windrunner.

About the Book

Ranger-General. Banshee Queen. Warchief. Sylvanas Windrunner has borne many titles. To some, she is a hero . . . to others, a villain. But whether in pursuit of justice, vengeance, or something more, Sylvanas has always sought to control her own destiny.

The power to achieve her goals has never been closer, as Sylvanas works alongside the Jailer to liberate all Azeroth from the prison of fate. Her final task? Secure the fealty of their prisoner—King Anduin Wrynn.

To succeed, Sylvanas will be forced to reflect on the harrowing path that brought her to the Jailer’s side, and reveal her truest self to her greatest rival. Here, Sylvanas’ complete story is laid bare: from the breaking of the Windrunner family and her rise to Ranger-General; to her own death at the hands of Arthas and her renewed purpose in founding the Forsaken; to the moment she first beheld the Maw, and understood the true consequences of what lay beyond the veil of death. But as her moment of victory draws near, Sylvanas Windrunner will make a choice that may ultimately come to define her. A choice that’s hers alone to make.

“Epic definitive story”

:face_with_monocle: :thinking:

“make a choice that may ultimately come to define her”

:face_with_monocle: :thinking:

13 Likes

Christie Golden

Jesus, stop, she’s already dead!

All aboard for retcon city.

58 Likes

At this risk of summoning those posters, I really wish this novel had been given to Roux instead.

I don’t like Golden Sylvanas. I like Roux Sylvanas.

And yeah, expecting her deal with the Jailer was via Varimanthras at this point due to the ambiguity.

27 Likes

…we know it, blizzard, you LOVE sylvanas but pls, stop spamming her image everywhere

27 Likes

Sigh … like I said, Blizz will put more work into “redeeming” Sylvanas than they will the actual Horde faction.

Blizz, TELDRASSIL was Sylvie’s choice. That was without question the thematic Forgotten Shore parallel to Arthas for her. The no-going back entrapment narrative that committed her to whatever she was doing. It should NOT be the sensitive blue eyes of Young Brad Pitt that sway her away from her course; when that course has already resulted in so much horror! Jeezus … Denuser’s Waifu and Golden’s Literal Cat.

37 Likes

With Golden, I’m excited for some funny scenes.

Like going Reee and killing a bunch of random animals for no reason.

9 Likes

Golden only knows how to write 1 female character, so expect lots of crying and tantrums and then having her mental instability fixed by getting some dick.

17 Likes

I’m just so tired of Sylvanas.

39 Likes

Also, just a big freakin’ LOL at the “definitive story”

How’s Chronicles these days?

22 Likes

Oh joy just what we wanted, an entire novel dedicated to Sylvanas that will no doubt be written to try to make the players sympathize with her

Thanks I hate it

28 Likes

my list of reasons to unsub just got bigger.

The only redeeming quality this book can have if it has the “Sylvanas died on the way back to her home planet”

20 Likes

I’m just gonna leave this here.

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this FOREVER.

Yesssss!

3 Likes

Are we gonna see forsaken players start to praise golden i do wonder

I can see it now “Sylvanas cant die, cause glorious golden herself is wrting the best book ever made about sylvanas.”

1 Like

Pft Brooks’ Sylvanas or nothing.

Golden is not bad.

2 Likes

where did arthas get reedemmed in the book golden wrote for him?

No. I might have to deal with Sylvanas in cinematics and quests, but I refuse to subject myself to her outside of the game.

20 Likes

I hope the story is basically “We decided to retcon sylvanas out of the story. Thanks for the 60 dollars”

9 Likes