New Squirt Strat?

Kind of tired of using Boneshard and Enchanted Broom, so I’d like to hear about some viable strats. Which ones do you guys like? And why?

Enchanted Broom/Boneshard

Sins:

1. Boneshard. He does his job, and does it well. He’s doing what he’s paid to do. But going through BONESTORM, BONESTORM! and BONESTORM!! (no, they’re not the same thing) is so time-consuming. Especially since his attacks are interrupted with his death, then arising for the immortal round.

2. Too much switching. The constant swapping of pets adds to the time, plus when Boneshard comes in, the fact that he’s slow leaves him open to two attacks from Puzzle before his BONESTORM.

Saving Graces:

1. Reliable. I’ve leveled up dozens of pets with this strat and I’ve never seen it fail.

2. Accidental Ally. Puzzle’s attack, Coin Toss, is a double-edged sword. Yes, it increased incoming damage by 50%. However, it also improves your damage by 25%. Given the Enchanted Broom is an S/S pet, and consequently very weak, it is at least questionable whether you would be successful with it without Puzzle’s help. To say nothing of Boneshard, since his BONESTORM!! attack is done during the immortal round, which weakens his damage. There’s a certain elegance in this strat when your opponent actually gives you a decisive advantage.

3. Finish with finesse. Two Wind-Ups finish off Puzzle. As for Deebs and Tyri, they are both speedily put down with a Batter attack, and neither one of them even got a chance to use a single one of their abilities.

My current favourite:

but there are PLENTY more new a good ones.

This one is a work of art, if you want to use two levelling pets

4 Likes

The Sunglow Cobra strat that was linked is a great one, nice and fast without the Boneshard animations.

I was going to look it up to see where I could get one, but it seems I already have one. Hell if I remember ever getting it. It says it comes from Zaralek Cavern. Like where the hell is that?

It’s that huge cave that is an entire zone below Ohn’ahran Plains in DF. Where the little mole-people live.

BTW, that strat REQUIRES a P/S breed. Don’t even think about trying it with a different breed.

P.S. Oh, I see your Sunglow is a P/S. Happy days! :partying_face:

1 Like

Oh, yes. I remember that, thank you. I just remember catching at least one of every pet I could find.

1 Like

This is an old and not-optimal strat but when I was doing Squirt leveling, the issue isn’t really how fast it goes…but by how much attention you have to pay to the battles. So for that reason I used Weebomination (which just spams cleave) and Enchanted Broom. Which now that I look at your post, I guess these two strats are similar, so maybe this isn’t what you’re looking for.

1 Like

I remember the Weebroom strat fondly. :smiley:

It was indeed great for being easy to remember and repeat.

But with fewer pets to level, and more levelling options, I don’t get lost in any one rotation so much.

And more people now use scripting. To be fair, this. with a long list of pets, was the one application of scripting I used to consider justified.

1 Like

I was hesitant to start using the PetScript addon originally, but with so many fights to remember for tokens and stones, some fights with a lot of steps to them; alt+tabbing and printing out the fights became a chore in and of itself. I do a lot of fights on my own but when they are repated ones for a specific purpose: Squirt, dungeons, dailies I like the ease of being able to go through them quickly.

The one fight that convinced me to get the PetScript addon was in BRD, 60+ steps to the fight with the viable pets I had at the time… Oi!

I made the Boneshard/Broom strategy but even I have moved on from it haha.

This is the one I’ve switched to. Ravenous Prideling + Widget the Departed.

Unlike Boneshard/Broom, you don’t kill the Omnislash Pet in the background, you straight up kill him before he can cast it lol. It’s very satisfying.

Sounds good. I’ve got the pets for that one.

Strictly speaking, Tyri doesn’t die in the background with Boneshard/Broom either. Boneshard does a number on him. But he enters only to get finished off as you lower the broom on him. It’s one of the things I like about that strat. Deebs and Tyri don’t get to use any of their abilities at all.