New spriest is a walking god

Priests are one of the least played classes, only beating out monks and occasionally shamans depending on the source. That’s how bad it got, we went from one of the most popular to least popular because our class design in BfA was a disaster.

Voidform as a mechanic made our only DPS spec unplayable for most of the playerbase, and Holy being trash in all aspects + Disc getting nerfed 24/7 didn’t help matters either.

Now that we have a real DPS spec again and Disc is looking better, I see priest numbers going back up to where they belong. So I for one welcome all the new/returning players to priest, the more of us the better :white_heart:

9 Likes

It matters because, when SL launches and the revamp to SPriests hit, a lot of people will think when they see a SPriest, “Beeping FoTM Reroller.”

And I’d care what that person thinks why?

10 Likes

Well seeing as how you’re commenting on it, I’de wager you would care just enough.

2 Likes

no, we no longer have stacks in VF, therefore lingering insanity no longer exists

1 Like

Do you know what a non-sequitur means? You just committed one.

2 Likes

We no longer have voidform’s mechanics from legion or BFA. LI included.

4 Likes

I haven’t touched my priest after trying it in Legion. Loved Spriest PvP in WoD though.

I am excited to give it a go for PVP again. Affliction also got some love, so we’ll which of the two wins out for me.

1 Like

No movement improvements, so yes still WALKING.

1 Like

There’s a conduit that increases levitate speed by up to 25%. Just wish they’d change the levitate animations so it’s not derpy.

2 Likes

I am very pumped but am afraid if priest are real good, you know the nerf bat is coming.
Right now on wowmeta they show priest #9 of 24 in average DPS rankings.
It is very exciting.

1 Like

What other people think doesn’t matter - that is the secret to happiness.

12 Likes

I too am hoping for a nice middle of the pack ranking so the nerf bat stays the hell away.

4 Likes

It does feel pretty good, but numbers tunning could potentially kill it.

We are tanky in PVP, but it’s mostly because of our self-healing, which comes from damage, low damage = low heals = we die 100% with a warrior on us.

We do have a lot of defensive options:

• Greater Fade
  • Dispersion
  • Vamp Embrace
  • Desperate Prayer
  • Shadow Mend
  • Silence
  • Stun
  • Fear
  • Shield

It’s always fun to see someone out themselves as a moronic child. I really hope this isn’t a genuine concern of yours.

My Anathema and Warlords transmog will dissolve any potential thoughts concerning that comment lol.

4 Likes

Huh? Between desperate prayer baseline, devouring plague passively healing and the shadow mend legendary, survivability sky rocketed.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that’s comparing to BFA mechanics and class design.

But a lot of crazy things are added into the other classes as well, not just ours. So survivability might be better in terms of a BFA lens, but we will have to wait and see how it stacks up with SL classes / mechanics.

I’ve been so annoyed with how my warlock has been all expansion, so I’m one of those players thats joining you guys next expansion.

1 Like

Welcome to the reworked life.

1 Like