New set bonus

Demon Hunter
Havoc
(2) Set Bonus: Every 200 Fury you spend, gain Seething Fury, increasing your Agility by 8% for 6 seconds.
(4) Set Bonus: Each time you gain Seething Fury, gain 15 Fury and the damage of your next Eye Beam is increased by 12%, stacking up to 5 times.
Vengeance
(2) Set Bonus: Soul Fragments heal for 10% more and generating a Soul Fragment increases your Fire damage by 2% for 6 seconds. Multiple applications may overlap.
(4) Set Bonus: Shear and Fracture deal Fire damage. After consuming 20 Soul Fragments, your next cast of Shear or Fracture applies Fiery Brand to its target for 6 seconds.

What it’s Your opinion?

Vengeance:

2set:

• more heal from souls is nice. its not much, but I’ll take it
  • generating a fragment increasing damage is new and interesting, I’ll take that too

2set:

• Fracture doing Fire damage is very welcome, plays into a couple talents
  • applying a brand to the attacked target is certainly ok for raid since you play the fiery brand build there anyways
  • so far it reads terrible for keys, not only because you can hardly play the brand build in keys, but also because there’s still multiple brand bugs out there that e.g. stop spreading (which is a dreaded playstyle anyways)

biggest issue is:

• this is a nearly raw offensive set. the defense from a more or less randomly applied brand is negligible for keys
  • more damage means more leech via … leech and frailty, so far so nice. but it doesnt mean less damage taken, which is our issue. you struggle already in higher keys with damage intake and need lots of healer attention
  • even worse: 2pc of pwar reduces cd of last stand. our meta cd at 3 mins is still that. 0 cdr.
  • and to top it of: 4pc of pwar is guaranteed 5% reduced dmg taken after shield slam, after you already used last stand which is a feedback loop smoothening damage

On the surface it seems fairly weak, and my assumption is we will see another dps decrease from moving on from our currecnt tier. I could be wrong, but that’s how it reads to me. Does not look promising.

2 Likes

Pretty unimaginative sadly for Havoc at least.

2 Likes

Considering just how bad some other sets are (Disc, Resto, Enhancement, etc.) I’m happy ours affects an ability all builds use. That said it’s weak. The 160 Fury spent/20% per stack values listed on the items right now would be acceptable, roughly the same damage gain as current tier.

1 Like

it kinda feels horrible that now with the sets are pushing the player even more to only play ONE build…

200 fury isn’t an insane amount, DHs can rip fhrough fury. I’m guessing a decent up time.

200 Fury is easy to spend in normal rotation, I just wish the 8% AGI was Crit, that way in synergizes more with the 4pc, just adding a bloated Main stat to it barely gives a damage increase. If were talking a number, I have 7100 Agility, 8% of that is 568, while thats cool and all, thats not a lot of added damage to be honest, 8% crit would not only sync with our 4pc but itll also sync very well with KYE, better output in my mind.

At the end of the day, the set bonuses feel lackluster, the main stat I feel is a cop out, 568 Agility isn’t something I or anyone else is going to actually feel damage wise.

1 Like

With new gear Agi will bloat to a higher number. If you get a Lariat proc on top of the tier proc could feel some real damage increase there my DH sits at 7584 agility rn, if we had tier set proc with max lariat proc in the gear I’m at rn my agility would jump to 8722 or a 1138 increase (15%) should be noticeable and only will jump more with more gear, could be very good. Sadly lariat taking a nice nerf at the start of 10.1. Nvm my math is off the 492 lariat proc is secondary stats. So still crit but not agi seems that the bonus isn’t as significant as I thought. Would be 9% agility increase as of now not 15%

8% crit would be a lot less damage than 8% Agi. Also I don’t know about you but I’m already sitting at about 45% crit in raid before initiative. I don’t know that stacking more crit is the answer.

The bigger concern is we’re currently getting a flat 8% damage increase across the board, I don’t see 8% agi keeping up with that dps wise so we’re likely going to see a dps decrease losing our current tier for the new one.

Eye beam is substantially less damage than than CS/Anni and BD/DS so the 4 piece isn’t going to make up the difference either. Our Cleave will be better (We didn’t need more) our ST will be less (We needed more)

2 Likes

8% Agility shouldnt be the answer either, like I said this is a cop out, they can do so much more than just, oh lets give them a flat damage increase. Thats bullcrap. And they know it

I agree with that. They are very lazy when it comes to DH design/interaction and I think its because they can’t find a way to keep it from getting out of hand. All the jokes about it being the most hated spec/class assign it has one of the highest player counts. You’d think they’d actually want to put in some effort on it.

1 Like

all tier sets are passive and “boring” the tier sets that arnt boring are extremely weak (frost dk fwf) the only tier set thats “unique” and strong is outlaw which is also just a rehash of divers folly from bfa.

tiersets were historically passive. sofo was the outlier because it was hyped up as the return of tiersets. give it time, odds are alot of these tier sets will be tuned upward or changed

It looks like you need to free up four to six points in the talent tree to get all of the talents that interact with the new set.

You could drop cheat death and one free floating point, but that just gives you the two points in fire damage. I wonder how this set would play with the spreading every 2 seconds, and immolation aura extending the duration?

Also, this tier seems like a complete tease without reworking Burning Alive or the set bonus. The FB from Burning Alive doesn’t spread from anything but the first enemy/primary target.

(4) Set Bonus: Shear and Fracture deal Fire damage. After consuming 20 Soul Fragments, your next cast of Shear or Fracture applies Fiery Brand to its target for 6 seconds. Additionally, the Fiery Brand applied by this bonus is treated as a primary target brand and can spread to one nearby enemy every 2 seconds. This effect does not apply to Fiery Brands spread by other talents or abilities.

where is this coming from? its not mentioned in the post

It’s not a thing. I’m saying the set or spec tree needs changes.

There are bugs with fiery brand talents, and have been since beta.

oh yea, absolutely, it cannot stay as is

1 Like

I feel like the easiest thing for them to do is:

• combine some 2 point talents into 1 point talent. Not sure what they need to do, but make Burning Alive and Charred Flesh easier to take. Right now you need to free up 5 talent points. That is lame.

• optimal fix is to make FB spread from the spread, but that will probably be a bigger change. Instead, just make Burning Alive spread every 1 second.

• Buff the shield max from Revel in Pain. It’s pitiful.

At this point my concern is the 2-piece bonus for havoc. I think the damage bonus from the 10.0 tier set was livable because it had such a high uptime. Having that missing, as well as the much-needed bonus damage to Chaos Strike and Blade Dance is going to leave us very lackluster in a lot of situations. I hope the Eyebeam bonus will be tuned enough to make up for it but as usual with this class it feels like we’re still heavily dependent on borrowed power that should otherwise just be baked in.

1 Like

eyebeam build is bad, now they want to shove it, but forcing us to go that build so we can get advantage of the set … bad bad bad…

1 Like