New Rune Ideas

I’m sure Blizzard has some cool stuff planned, but I thought it would be cool to throw out my own ideas and see if other people have any cool ideas themselves.

I’ll start with Warrior since that’s what I’m playing right now.

Rune of the Gladiator- Teaches Gladiator Stance: While wielding a sword and shield, damage from all sources is increased by 20% and threat generation is reduced by 70%. (the idea here is to work similarly to the Gladiator Stance that warriors had in WoD. I don’t remember exactly how that ability worked or how it would translate in Classic so this is my best iteration idea.)

Rune of Titan’s Grip- This one doesn’t need any explanation :wink:

Rune of Mirror Image- Replaces Retaliation with Mirror Image; Summons three Mirror Images of the Warrior which last 15 seconds or until killed, and cast Heroic Strike at 50% effectiveness on nearby enemies. (this ability is drawing inspiration from the Warcraft 3 Blade Master ability)

Rune of the Daring Duelist- While wielding a one handed weapon in main hand, and nothing in off-hand, damage and attack speed are increased by 20% (the idea here is to work similarly to the Duelist feat in DnD where warriors can have only a 1her equipped and do good damage. The stats themselves could be tweaked)

I’d also like to propose a few glyphs for Shadow Priest specifically, that would turn them into a sort of Necromancer

Rune of Undead Servitude- Teaches Undead Servitude: Summon 3 undead ghouls to a target location which taunt and attack nearby enemies. (this idea comes from the ghouls in Warcraft Rumble of all places)

Rune of Shadow Word: Undeath- Replaces Shadow Word: Pain with Shadow Word: Undeath- Place a debuff on an enemy that deals damage over time, if the target of this ability dies while affected by the debuff, their corpse will spawn an Undead Ghoul which attacks the nearest enemy. (this gives them another way to summon an undead ghoul, which will pair up with the next rune)

Rune of Corpse Explosion- Teaches Corpse Explosion: causes all nearby corpses to explode into gory chunks, dealing damage to all nearby targets. Undead Ghouls will also explode, dealing damage at 70% effectiveness. (big aoe burst damage that allows the priest to sacrifice their ghouls passive damage for something upfront)

The last idea I had was for Warlock.

Rune of the Demon King- The Warlock may summon one additional demon from their grimoire. (the number of combinations this could create would certainly be op but also really cool, which is what SoD is all about)

Anyway that’s all that I could come up with during my shower time. Let me know what you think and what ideas you might have. Keep in mind that I’m not really a numbers person so the numbers I’ve put up here weren’t meant to be super balanced, but just to sort of represent an idea.

1 Like

They should add a rune that lets fury warrior dual wield 2h weapons like they are able to after Cata.

Add one for warrior letting thunderclap spread bleeds if a target is bleeding.

And a rune that lets mage summon an ice mirage of itself that casts ice lance. I think this would be enough to bring ice up to fires level. OR give them water elemental

Add a rune that gives shaman elemental blast

A rune that boosts priests movement speed for a few seconds and maybe heals nearby allies for a few seconds while active. They could make the priest spawn little wings of light on its back while this is active for a coolness effect.

My ideas are thinking forward toward later phases as these additions would probably be too strong for level 25.

New rune for tanking warriors

Rune of the wall

The warrior can now duel wield shields and his attacks are rreated as if wielding maces. Damage done is based on block value of the shield. This also doubles the warriors chabce to block.

Gladiator Stance is almost inevitable.

Some things off the top of my head:

Hunter:

Soul of the Beast: Pet is dismissed providing Hunter with % of HP; increases armor and reduces damage received/dealt. (Essentially changes Hunter into a tank). This stacks with Aspects.

Paladin:

Avenger: Gives the Paladin the ability to Dual Wield

Mage:

Aura of Arcane Brilliance: Increases parties INT by X and provides an X mp5.

This sound pretty cool actually, gw2 have this spec and when you are linked to your pet, you gain abilities with relation to that pet.

was about to make a new rune thread idea then this popped up in suggestions so i have 2 right now.

Paladin Rune: Duel wielding, i always wanted to duel wield as a paladin and i know its “not their fantasy” but it is seasons of discovery so i thought that would be cool.

Warlock Rune: Immolation Aura: Turns Hellfire into a non channeled active aura that drains mana over time instead of health. This ability gives high threat.

okay but why did you necro a 5 month old thread