New RP Player Lookin for Home

I am looking for a RP server to play and deciding between MG, ED and WrA.

I will be playing on the horde side and would also love to see some world PVP.

Is ED overall the best choice? It does have the overall largest population of the 3.

Depends on what you’re looking for exactly. Honestly I wouldn’t really recommend Emerald Dream for RP unless you plan on joining an RP guild specifically. I won’t say RP is dead here, but it certainly not the most active and engaged RP community.

That being said, I think Wyrmrest Accord sounds like your best choice, they have a large horde RP population and they also like to WPVP at times. Their RP is definitely kinda clique-based like ED’s but a bit less so because of the higher % of people who RP there, compared to just playing the game. WrA is also usually considered the most lore-strict of the servers in RP, which means if you plan to RP as something bizarre it might not be as well received as it would be on a realm like Moon Guard.

If WPVP is your primary focus and RP is a lower priority then I’d probably recommend ED over WrA. ED these days isn’t much focused on RP, but we do claim the title of the WPVP server. Though honestly imo both RP and WPVP are kinda lacking here, and I’d only come here if you specifically want a little bit of both, because you could get better RP or WPVP elsewhere individually, but we do have a mix of both on offer.

As far as MG is concerned: I wouldn’t really recommend MG to you, based on what you said in the OP. You’re going Horde and want to WPVP, both of which are lacking heavily on MG. There is still some of both, granted, but overall I think you’d be better served elsewhere.

As for server populations, I don’t have hard numbers but I’d assume MG is the biggest of the servers, not ED? It’s definitely the most well-known, if nothing else. Honestly I’d assume ED to be the smallest of the bunch, at least that’s how it feels these days comparatively to the other servers when I play my alts on them.

Don’t sweat your choice too hard, all 3 communities are full of wonderful people and excellent roleplay, you’ll probably enjoy any of the realms you join.

Hope any of this helps. Good luck, brother.

1 Like

I’d recommend MG horde. Disregard what was said above.

Alliance do out number Horde in wpvp. But that’s going to be on any RP realm as we share the same cross server shard.

WrA while popular, you ain’t going to find walk up RP and folks are really toxic/elitist there.

1 Like

Go to WRA or MG. I’ve been told MG is dead Horde side, but I avoid MG so I can’t confirm or deny it. ED’s been RP dead for years outside of intraguild stuff.