New Races & Genre Ideas

Take care of that dirty little mouth, we are not Warhammer, we are not Lord of the Rings, the reason is that it has shown that the means of being neither villains nor heroes, something that the war should represent in its name and not other main enemies Horde and Alliance, war of factions, that’s what we have always been.

And that Warhammer and Warhammer 40k being between races even more monsters than you see in Azeroth carries that neutral conflict of races in which no one is good and evil, it is only war.

Now not everything that is furry or green people or humans with point big ears (although we are better than those tree-loving, homeless Nelfs who always burn their trees) demonstrate that diversity far from humanity seen in custom, belief, colors and the others in our world, something that the horde is not based on a name of savages without conscience to destroy everything, but the horde in diversity of humanoids which you are only discriminating more in becoming MONSTERS.

and that was the part of the game, the joke, not only was it an MMO, a game where the conflict was lived in factions, something that other MMOs do not offer is that style, because WoW killed its WoWkillers, something that Starwars should have done with siths and Jedis, but it didn’t work.

And it is one of the reasons why WoW retail is losing the mood to play unlike the classic servers, there was that atmosphere between zones of different factions and neutrals, now it has been lost and will never return due to the company’s woke agenda.

Depending not always, one of the reasons why the war campaign and covenants failed like that system, whereas Class halls did not… at least there was union between other races within those halls.

But at the same time, you could see that conflict, something that pvp is losing and no, the Arenas are not the option to play in pvp.

A good start would be allowing Dracthyr to be something other than humans or elves.

But Blizzard won’t even do that.

They need to start a republic city from Legend of Korra, where everyone lives together. It’s a far better storyline compared what we got since Legion. I want to see real interactions by now and not going in a cycle where it damaged the brand beyond repair. The lukewarm reception of Dragonflight only shows that the game took a massive hit with Shadowlands.

Besides, the Alliance needs exclusive Monster Races while the Horde only copy-pastas and low effort races to even out the injustice down to them with the Allied Races. It can’t be that the Alliance are humans-only, it clearly shows a lack of proper care for the other (minority) half of the faction system.

1 Like

I was merely quoting what a Dev had actually said ages back. Not to mention, as I pointed out —

I want Jinyu and Ogres mores than anything.

1 Like

Jinyu use the Night elf skeletal model if I’m not mistaken, so rigging gear onto them would actually be a lot more simple than the other races and potentially wouldn’t require either genre in this thread as a ‘Fix’ scenario that may be needed for other races.

The ogres though having the same principle of gear that Dracthyrs have, and more down the lane would be a golden opportunity though. Heck, potentially even the Mok’Nathal (Half Ogres) would be neat, using one of the genres mentioned in the thread creation post.

There’s lots of race opportunities for the game to have, with a little imagination, innovation and devotion I’m sure it could be very achievable on a promising and enjoyable scale for the mass majority of players. :slight_smile:

I want Drakthyr to have the ability to fly on their own.

I also think Drakthyr should be able to pick their own visage from the available playable races.

I would love to get half ogres (using the KT rigging) and saberon (using the worgen rigging) as allied races for the Horde.

5 Likes

Ogres, especially half ogres or Ogri’la, which are smarter and smaller, could just use the KT skeleton. The devs have run out of excuses for why they’re not playable at this point.

I’d also like Tuskarr.

2 Likes

haven’t you said it? because I didn’t hear it in any dev, or different from what YOU are actually saying.

I don’t think they work for Blizz anymore - Was so long ago, but the main point is that I’m hardly the only one that’s used the phrase.

Type in ‘Monster races Horde’ and you’ll see like a buzzilion links, and the term used before on several other forum threads.

Example by Baalsamael in other thread (Sorry @ Bal in advance for the notification):

It’s hardly a ‘firstly’ used derogatory term. lol

However as I stated, they were generally misunderstood and NOT monsters (Well, until the Teldrassil bonfire I guess) – I was merely pointing out terms that have been used as a perception of the Horde in the past to what they actually were … Yet you’re on a big ole political correction crusade to vilify me for some reason. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s a shame that it was poorly said, and that among our most cartoonish races ended up being the most sensitive race, like a pet or a little animal, it almost doesn’t show anything beast mode like in Chris Melzten cartoon, unfortunately the HD cinematics doesn’t show how it should show the real thing. horde that wants to show, that was only seen in the times of the RTS.

which these monsters are more like care-bears.

I stand with the tremendous amounts of the playerbase that are just sick to death of the Horde being villain batted - Again, again, again AND —

AGAIN! :roll_eyes:

I knew pro-Alliance players that were praying & hoping they were the instigators of the war for BFA, because they were sick of it back then too.

They deadset removed Warchiefs from the Horde & made their leadership a ‘council’ like the Forsaken, due to the whole ordeal of consistently whacking them with the vilify & trash stick …

Having some internal conflict within the Alliance would be great for the faction, and also potentially give some foreshadowing to conflict between the Alliance & Horde if one of the more tensed leaders decide to strike at the Horde. You could also use said-conflict to either bring in, or cause some conflict & story content for some of the new races mentioned in this thread who’re trying to fit in with the faction(s).

The smaller models of Ogres could actually work quite well for bringing them into the game too, which I was thinking could work well for Drakonid too by some means or another.

Tuskarr I believe would go well with genre 1 mentioned in the thread creation. :grin:
And also would make a lot of people happy :yum:

Bringing in the Tuskarr @ the same time as Tortollans would be meme-worthy I feel. :partying_face: lol

1 Like

And how curious, it is all due to the overrated Warcraft 3, I say that because it will have an excellent campaign but as an RTS, unlike other games, especially the multiplayer was rubbish to the point that it was responsible for creating the MOBA just because of a fanmod.

But what I’m referring to is that Warcraft 3 gave the other side of the coin, something like the Luttece in Bioshock infinite, head & tails, Good and Evil, Dead and Live Things That Ruin With Schrödinger’s Cat Hypothesis.

/////https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZ_oEI2vF0

After the horde has destroyed Stormwind they are with orcs, and then they have fallen with the horde that was between ogres, goblins and woods trolls, then they have been imprisoned to see the other side of the alliance, of being the good guys so that you have some of the villains that WoW is not a place for heroes.

That’s why I dislike the fandom, it’s their fault Blizzard decided to remaster WC3 before the 2 parts, Warcraft 3 sealed several paths that would be the future of WoW, the end of the war, the true villains, the change of role of another faction, the RPG more than the RTS, before seeing the authentic revolution of the RTS that was the first Warcraft after its father (Dune 2) and that is what I say, there are 2 more games before 1992 but it was not that revolution that brought this type of game.

And that, even in the case of Warhammer, whether medieval or 40K, even though other races such as the Necrons and the Orks are seen as monsters, demonstrates the interest of war as a power, and not as a race that is the heroes and another the villains something like G.I. Joe vs Cobra, or Command & Conquer with GDI vs NOD.

That is why the love of this world was the best and balance between the races, but Blizzard’s agenda is on a path that is losing its spirit in the video game.

like this:

It’s for the better. Just look at the user in question here and the childish tribalism-behavior. Metzen had not such a mindset for the fans in store when he worked on Warcraft, where people misunderstand social cues for fantasy elitism. It’s just cringe, especially when it comes from people above the age of 10, 12 or 15.

Make visage available in combat would be great as well

coming from you that’s no surprise

Rude. I bet you’re the type that just wants ogres or something boring like that.

Kind of defeats the purpose of a different race … Otherwise just play whatever you’re trying to visage as. :person_shrugging:

The problem with Visage-form is that it has already been done twice with the Dracthyr and Worgen being Elf and Human respectively.
So, with that in mind, chances are, if they do got the Visage route again then they’ll have to forgo Human or Elf for something else.
Not really sure what that could be.

Thought I mentioned that in another comment of mine, but looks like I got distracted when someone went on a tangent about Horde & the term ‘Monster Races’ lol

Yeah I feel if they brought Dryads into the fold, having them with a Night Elf or Tauren visage would fit nicely.

As for Arakkoa, them having Orcs & Draenie would be good nose-touch reference to Draenor / Outland.

I feel limiting ‘Visage’ to only a few races for whatever X new race, is actually more of a good thing than a bad thing. If you were to whack all races on the visage of new races, it could kind of take away the theme & identity of the new race altogether.

1 Like