New Races & Genre Ideas

So, although Dracthyr had it’s faults & such – It did give some interesting ideas towards issues faced with other various races (currently unplayable) that players desire to play.

These ideas which provide a boon towards being able to play such races, include:

1: How gear can be applied upon problematic models.

• So for models where gear wouldn’t be applied so promptly as it would on other races, you could have pre-designed gear sets (Like the Dracthyr do) in the customisations / barbershop.

• A good extension upon this idea could be introducing either racial questlines or achievements that provide gear sets for these peculiar races.

2: ‘Visage’ forms.

• This could be applied to not all races, but a small handful of races to use mounts more promptly without awkward model problems (rigging, clashing & overlapping limbs etc) and give way to allowing some of the more peculiar races to be played.

As mentioned above, some of the more peculiar races / unpractical models that would potentially have some clashing issues could be such as:

• Dryads
  • Drakonid
  • Twisted Arakkoa
  • Centuar
  • Aqir
  • Ethereals.

Mind you these aren’t requests, but merely examples of what could be achieved by utilising the ideas of prior assets, and reforming them into other practical ways that’d be enjoyed by the playerbase. :slight_smile:

Aside from the unconventional models, that could have some ideas solved with genre 2 (Visage) – There’s also races that could be more diversified for the players with genre 1 (Gearset Customisations) which could be applied to races such as:

• Arrakoa
  • Ogre
  • Sethrak
  • And potentially even the others mentioned in the list before.

As for genre 2 (Visages) – Another good thing to mention too, is how the forms could be more unique and diversified to the races that the said-race is more accustomed towards such as Dryads ‘Visage’ forms being from Night Elves to Tauren.

Anyway, what’re all your thoughts on the subject? Any ideas to add, or races you’d like to see come forward with the above previously used boons? Share your thoughts & ideas bellow and potentially beyond if it catches the eyes of Blizz! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think they could just let players have access to morph commands. The technology exists but it doesn’t always look quite right. I don’t think it’s something that should be supported (like it should be possible but not get more dev time than just putting it in for accounts at security clearance level 0) but it would be amazing in the hands of those talented RP folk.

I quite literally dream for the day Sethrak are playable, or at least have an easy to access toy disguise. They already have a ton of in-game diverse looks and an adorable sleeping pose.

Please, Blizzard. We have Dragons - why not snakes? :sob:

1 Like

What about all the Shadowlands races?
I wanted to play as a Kyrian for awhile now and I honestly thought they would bring them out as an allied race back then. What a let down.

2 Likes

Personally I’d rather forget Shadowlands as I feel it did more damage to the lore than benefit it.

Sethrak models look like they’d be pretty easy to model various gear sets onto & pop onto mounts, but I could be wrong. If I am, genres 1 & 2 listed in the creation text would be a rather easy fix.

Would be cool to see a larger city beneath Vol’dun @ time of their release too (should it happen). :grin:

1 Like

We rather not talk about the expansion which almost killed WoW.

2 Likes

I mean, if they can make a whole race out of like 6 void elves, I feel like anything’s on the table.

I’d definitely play something like a Dryad or Centaur. Or the slender Arrakkoa.

For Dracthyr, visages should be expanded greatly. To other races, even. And transmog in dragon form needs to be unlocked.

1 Like

IDK, Before that, have you ever wondered why Baldur Gate 3 is the best RPGMMO so far?

Because they returned back to core fantasy and built upon it, along with much much more? :yum:

But yeah, learning some tricks & whatnot from other successful games could come in handy. Not saying they HAVE to, but a lot of successful games generally admit to doing that for inspiration on how they built their games from low to high. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s what we need, those wokies devs are not handling well those who criticized the 90’s rock n’ roll and spacecowboys led their franchises to success like Warcraft, Diablo and Starcraft full of violence, sexy girls in bikinis, and Sweet Home Alabama.

Blizzard has to change, to the new but with the old controversies WITHIN ITS VIDEO GAMES that showed that it had no shame in showing a real game with many creative freedoms.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Asmongold/comments/16fsl7y/warcraft_in_2023/

Would love to play as a kyrian, or probably better yet, Vrykul.

more attached to Azeroth, before touching the disaster of Shadowlands, preferable to be a Vrykul or an Ogre, anyway in Azeroth and Draenor, we need more playable races before other cosmological worlds.

2 Likes

The Alliance has already Vrykuls in Form of Kul Tirans. They only need a body slider to justify the use of them.

And besides, why would we give them another human race to play? They need fantasy races more than anything else. Why should we be the ones who got spoiled all the time? It’s still a two-faction system.

For them it is their disadvantage, an envy that the horde that is diverse in several races of different appearance will never have, something that the wokies of the alliance could not.

Despite everything, the Vrykuls would be a better option just for them.

It’s only so much diversity as the developers say it should be. And that’s the problem. The Alliance needs at least three to four future races which aren’t humans, otherwise there is no point playing them.

Well, I prefer that no one plays it and only sees it as the villains who ruined WoW than they are.

You literally play a human with pointy ears, so I do hope you are aware of your own hypocritical thinking here. Tribalism has no place in this game anymore, ever since this exact thinking helped destroying the game for good.

2 Likes

PSS… are you joke? Why don’t you say that to Thrall’s face, at least he wasn’t as discriminatory as a crazy priestess who couldn’t catch a banshe but she caught herself.

I mean the difference between Alliance & Horde use to be that one was ‘The monster races’ and the others were the more ‘Acceptable by face-value’ going head-to-head with one another.

Part of the above was with the Horde facing off harsh odds, coming against enemies who surround them and overcoming those odds. The thing people came to love about the Horde was that they weren’t evil but misunderstood – Overtime, it seems a handful @ Blizzard had a diehard against the Horde and wanted to butcher that, by villain batting them several times in a row to the point it just became an eyeroll.

Personally that’s why I feel a lot of new races should be neutral and split to their own decision making – Akin to the Dracthyr.

Although one thing I do utterly hate & loathe is:

“Oh we have a blue race and a red race / blue person & red person. WELP, out of no reason at all, the blue person is going to the Alliance and red to the Horde.” — Everytime without fail. :unamused: Same goes with cities / zones.

Like time to time, or at least for once I’d love to see the Horde get to the blue place first and lay claim to it and the Alliance be like “Well we found this red zone, which rivals the Horde’s claimed area just as well.” or the vise-versa race / coloured arms of people go to the race of unconventional colours.

Although it’s a fantasy game, it just kind of takes away the grounding level of realism required and just feels exhaustingly predictable when the colours of places or people are shoehorned into their matching colour of faction …

They are just regular humans. A good thing should have been for their size: they get a mixed heritage between human and drust so it explains their size in comparison to regular humans. It could have been a very interessing explication, better than only tell us they are just humans.

Yes, I don’t see them to give us another human race as playable race for now.

3 Likes