New Pvp nerfs are wayyyy out of line blizzard

• Feral

• Rake damage reduced by 18% in PvP Combat.

• Rip damage reduced by 18% in PvP Combat.

• Ferocious Bite damage reduced by 25% in PvP Combat (was reduced by 20%).

• Feral Frenzy damage reduced by 10% in PvP Combat.
    • Frenzied Regeneration healing reduced by 50% (was reduced by 38%) in PvP Combat (Feral and Restoration only)

Are you actually trying to destroy ferals in pvp again blizz?

I’m all for class balance but compared to what other classes are doing and are capable of!?

Sorry these are too much. The nerf to our survival was also completely unnecessary.

35 Likes

Agreed, this is ridiculous.

8 Likes

As a resto druid, i’m feeling the same way right now.

They’re buffing our dead talent, adding an additional dead talent, and nerfing our strong talents in favor of some age old dead play style that is useless to us in terms of performance, while buffing Prevokers even more.

11 Likes

Over nerfed hopefully devs reconsider

6 Likes

Guys… this is 100% fine lol. I guarantee most of you haven’t been playing with 2/4 piece tier. Ferals have insane damage.

Did any of you watch the AWC…? Ferals like literally ripped through the whole thing. They are certainly not dead.

They lowered the damage of plenty of other specs too. Including the likes of ret, dvoker, unholy, and ele.

7 Likes

They buffed prevoker.

You know, the highest hps class by miles and literally meme through content unhindered. yeah.

6 Likes

So your response to my “rule” is an “exception.” You see where this is going yeah? I mean honestly are you gonna read the entirety of those changes and discredit the direction because… pvoker?

Balancing classes around arena performance is a total :smiley_cat:-astrophe.

Talk about AWC purr-formance, but any conclusive rating Data to back it up?

deadpan sarcasm
ohh… wow… look at that disproportionate number of ferals and not demon hunters or ww monks or death knights… https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

4 Likes

Weird considering arena is pvp and is the competitive format balancing is based on lol. What would you rather it be based on?

Yeah… the AWC performance. And eyeballs. The “rating data” such as what you provided below means absolutely nothing.

So, common misconception to those who don’t take time to think about it or are just unfamiliar with statistics and how to properly dissect them but representation does not equal power. There are many factors that go into representation. There have been countless seasons where absolutely busted specs still didn’t see much play. This can be due to something as simple as popularity or a more subtle reason like difficulty of play. In no world can you compare a dh to anything when it comes to accessibility. Feral has never been a hugely popular spec. Why would someone reroll to one of the most notoriously difficult specs because it’s good when they can just select a dh with 5 buttons and succeed all the same.

1 Like

Sus way to say “only my opinion matters”.

You’ve gotta be kitten around.

Only conclusion I can make is if you had it your way, Feral would be an obscure unplayed spec in arena.

5 Likes

Confirmed dev plays UHDK or Demo Lock and got very sadge we kept killing their pets without targeting them. For real though, 2 set gave me a decent power swing, I’m assuming 4 set will as well next week.

So for now I will suck down the copium and hope we still come out relatively unscathed. Though as I said in the other thread the Frenzied Regen change still makes me sad. We already have to use 2 globals to activate it AND use bear premptively, all while unable to do damage.

Alternatively, after thinking for more than a second, this could be a direct change in regards to the trinket change. We’re gaining an extra ~50k HP from the trinket bonus now and Frenzied is % based healing, so it could be partially addressing that.

2 Likes

Our PvP dps was only high because of pets and zergs brainlessly grouping to get AoEd. When these changes go live were going to be pulling extremely poopy single target damage. I cant thibk of anybody that said feral was over powered… they were are such a good spot. Im so xonfused what blizzard is trying to comform to balance wise…

Not to memtion the extra ~40khp everybody is getting. We will have no pressure.

Time to dig a hole and put the kitty in a shoebox.

3 Likes

(Kill the puns man)

And uh… no. Like, that’s just how things work lol. You think every single time a spec is good, thousands of people swap to it? Feral has been very good before. Hunters have been very strong before. Boomys… and yet their rep wasn’t drastically increased. These are quantifiable events that have happened. You’re making assumptions and correlations based on data. It’s common to do but very very wrong. Statistics are skewed all the time in this way in all facets of life.

And no, I love feral. Feral was my original spec in WoW and I played it up until bfa as a main. That doesn’t mean I need it to be broken. I play boomy for crying out loud lol.

I love fighting them on my feral because I almost have more bite procs than I can press lol.

I mean you’ll likely still be hit a little but, that’s the point. It’s totally fine because feral was over performing. It just was. I played it and instantly was like 2200. In like a day lol. It was soooooo easy.

I agree, bear form and frenzy as a whole are lackluster. They could have done without this nerf.

Is it that much? I thought it only equaled out to be like 5% more health? That’s what I hear anyway.

Not really true. I easily maintained 35-40k dps against melee cleaves alone.

Besides the entire area forum and their dominance in the euro AWC?

Literally the first time feral has had prominent representation over rogues and it gets taken away after two weeks meanwhile assassination gets to exist for months.

This is why I’m personally salty. Feral is just going to go back to being seen as a budget rogue when we were finally being seen as threatening.

8 Likes

Who
Cares
About
Rep

Stop people.

At this point I don’t know else to say if you think tweaks to bleeds make feral worth deleting then just give up on it. I don’t know. No player likes seeing nerfs and I’ve seen this for 10 years now lol. Any negative tuning results in a multitude of salt.

Feral will still do well. Kitty exists. Ebola. Jungle. Its spread pressure is still going to be meaningful and I reckon I could make a solid ST build to be honest.

At least play it before you give up so easily.

I mean it’s my main so of course I’ll play it. Rep matters. Look at how DH’s were heavily prominent in SS for the entire beginning of the season. Does that mean they’re not good? Nope.

Same with any other spec. If it’s good and fits into many comps it’ll be meta and represented well. It was nice to see feral played in the AWC but I can’t see why it still will be after the nerfs.

And I really don’t think jungle will be a viable high tier comp anymore. Not that I’d know since I’ve not played at high ratings, but I can’t imagine after the removal of double tap it’s going to be played much.

We’ll see. I’m curious how the trinket changes will affect it.

1 Like

Considering they are the only spec being buffed by significant margins and other healers are getting tossed bread crumbs, it is quite exceptional.

1 Like

Feral was easy to play in SS: no clones, just pve m plus rotation. Dh was actually harder to play.

Yeah DH has actually felt very similar to rogue in that it can chain CC a healer for setups whereas feral just has bash. I miss when feral still had clone. It’s just not feasible to take atm due to the tree.

1 Like

DEVS PLZ DO NOT LET THIS TRASH GO THROUGH OTHER CLASSES CAN 100 TO 0
I agree IT NEEDED NERF BUT NOT LIKE THIS THE REAL NERF THAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IS PRIMAL WRATH, THIS DESTROYS SINGLE TARGET AND AOE AND NOW IF THIS GOS THROUGH ALL VIABILITY IS RUINED!!! PLZ RETHINK CHANGES AND LOOK AT PRIMAL WRATH SPECIFICALLY NERFING EVERY ABILITY IS NOT THE SOLUTION U CANT NERF IT INTO THE GROUND AND EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE PEACHY.