New PTR 5/4 new broadcast/gossip text

They’re really just unwilling to develop another deity like damn

This is pure narrative laziness.

3 Likes

I mentioned in another thread that I was “okay” with Elune knocked down to “Eternal One/Titan/whatever” tier from “First One” tier - if they started populating that tier with beings that are “relatable” for the Horde as well.

Partly it is due to the fact that I don’t like the idea of having the “top tier” cosmic beings having singular favorite races, but also partly because I felt like there were more “openings” across various Pantheons to fill in roles that would allow for the Horde to have some representation.

Baal disagreed and I’ll readily admit his reasoning seems to be correct.

The devs appear to be doubling down on the influence of Elune across the Shadowlands. Night Warriors aren’t confined to Ardenweald, they’re everywhere. They even shaped the military in Revendreth (which oddly enough was created because the Light was invading and the Shadowlands military in Maldraxxus wouldn’t help).

If Elune is going to have her hand in every cookie jar, I’d rather she just be a “First One” and they add another “First One” that has some love for the Horde somewhere. I was probably a bit naive in hoping they would try to balance out the Pantheon love. Then again, I may be naive in hoping they balance it out with another First One.

4 Likes

Once again, Baal is confusing correlation with causation. Elune giving power to the Harvester of Wrath doesn’t mean she used said power to create the Stoneborn, especially when she has a lot more power in death that doesn’t stem from Elune.
Sure, it shows Elune has influence among one Venthyr among thousands of Venthyr… so what? If a night elf who worshipped Elune became important in Maldraxxus, big deal?

It is ironic you simultaneously want to cry about Elune’s involvement with some- out of thousands of- Shadowlands people and then demand that she become more important by making her a First One.

2 Likes

Because as I said

Because making her a First One puts her in a power level where it makes sense, provides distance between us and her, and encourages blizzard to use pre-existing entities in the narrative as they continue this First Ones storyline

All of which I have stated repeatedly

Elune should’ve stayed in the Ardenweald storyline. She shouldn’t have been sprinkled into Maldraxxus and Revendreth almost out of spite.

Ohhhh… the Stonewright´s story has been leaked.

I suspect this is NOT going to be popular with some posters -thanks to the implications contained on it-.

Uhh? Funny, I din´t get that idea from the text -the way I understood it, the Venthyr will simply apply back the usual “atonement” M.O. in regards to Mal´Ganis just like they apply it to any other individual that reaches Revendreth in WoW AFTER he gets information properly tortured out of him.

No, the way I see it Stonewright got the “Elunite” treatment as a narrative tool to justify Tyrande going back from her current revenge oriented attitude (simply put it, the “best” way to tell the players that no, the Night Warrior is a “bad” thing is to get the literal Harvester of Wrath saying she was bad for using it while alive and got punished in consequence.

This is a dumb complaint.

Why? If there was an important night elf in Revendreth*, how would that be any different? Elune isn’t directly influencing anything in Revendreth, aside from the Stonewright herself, who is more than just a believer in Elune.

You’re free to read my responses to Zahir as he had the same questions. If you disagree with me, Zarrin, Sarm and otherwise that’s your prerogative. Have a blessed day

1 Like

I already addressed that in my previous post. Elune doesn’t influence everything. She just has a worshiper in Revendreth, which is a grain of sand in a beach. She hasn’t otherwise influenced anything like she is now doing in Ardenweald

It’s just heavy handed hand waving that now sprinkles Elune into the core narrative of Revendreth, yes.

Unnecessary as a plot device, it could’ve been idk, someone else. Like Vorpalia. She’s an animated sword. Maybe the soul that is animating her was a night warrior and her service as a sword is her punishment for Wrath. Same theme.

A worshipper that is within the higher echelons of Venthyr society.

Yeah? And? So? How is that different from having a former night elf in her place?
Worshippers of Elune go to different realms, what a tragedy.

Not exactly… I´d say is just a heavy handed way to tell Nelf fans: “see? This is why Tyrande WON´T keep her aggresive attitude and will convert to the Church of Wrynn like the Alliance peasant she is!! Cause Night Warriors gone wild are bad and will be punished like the bad people they are in the realm of penitence!!”.

There I said it.

Yes but it’s both.

Now Elune is part of the Revendreth story and Tyrande is being slapped on the wrist for being Angry Woman.

I am unhappy with both, and I saw the latter coming, but the former just goes out of its way to piss on a cool, stand-alone zone.

3 Likes

That seems like lines to address the night elf story. BfA was sold to the alliance side as “seek for justice”. Which now thrown out of the window. Power of night warrior was a narrative tool. Purpose for the night elf souls = “killing you was good actually”. And on top of that, not only old grudges like Stormheim were not allowed to count as alliance agression, but even now when the story has a build up, the alliance is still not allowed to, and all is handwaved away.

I am not sure, when the devs talk about moral compasses, and such, if they get how morally bankrupt their story is.

Just as not sure they realise how much damage they do to the game, by not allowing any of those story bits that could lead to “horde might be right, and alliance might be right” story bits to take root.

Just like with how they treat cosmo forces as copies of earch other (have a pantheon and follow your “nature”, and force others to follow when can afford to), and the turn around on what the Light was, I can say the same thing for the future of the faction theme and the story with the current writers:

I am not angry, just disappointed.

gl hf

5 Likes

Yeah Blizzard is about to reveal Elune let all the Night Elves die because she sees the future and needed the Night Elves in Ardenweald to save her sister

It’ll be a vortex of chaos on the forums and social media

3 Likes

I’m not that upset with it as a plot twist, to be honest. It was a nice bit for them to go “there’s other Night Warriors in the Shadowlands, and they’re people you’ve met before!”

Considering we meet them in different afterlives, I wonder if there might be some Deeper Point being made; Elune made them all powerful people for good or for ill, but when it was all over they went where they went and became their own people. There may be no special fate for Elune worshippers.

1 Like

Which is more tedious. Why not reveal all Elune worshippers go to Ardenweald, because of Elune being tied to Winter Queen, etc

Shadowlands actively unmade all WoW religions instead of working to fit them in with minor retcons

5 Likes

I was more referring to how she describes doing all those things. Could be reading too much into it, but all she says she did with that power implies a much longer span of time than what the other Night Warriors we’ve met so far had. Tyrande has had the power for less than a year in canon and it’s already near killing her. The Stonewright describes using it to wipe out entire societies. We haven’t seen Tyrande even approach that level of power yet and she’s in danger from it nevertheless.

Plus she states that her friend killed her to protect their people. That implies that she was still more than alive enough, even with the power, to do more destruction.

3 Likes

Because it would be a lie. Elune can’t assign souls to a specific afterlife, because that’s the Arbiter’s job. Night Elves don’t pray to Elune for proper care of their souls in the afterlife; they seek and receive worldly effects, or as we would call them in realworld, miracles.

I think it’s more blizzard failed at demonstrating Tyrande’s power due to the fact they gave up on warfronts and the actual fourth war questlines

2 Likes