New PTR 5/4 new broadcast/gossip text

Not much, but some gossip text/broadcast text that was found.

Note, this is out of order, just going down the IDs in reverse

• I am taking Mal’Ganis into custody and securing Dominance Keep from outsiders. You would do well to avoid that place for a time. I will bring my forces to bear on Korthia but it is still vital we extract as much information from Mal’Ganis as we can, and Renathal’s methods are… soft… compared to mine. When I am done with him, Renathal can have Mal’Ganis back for whatever atonement he believes a dreadlord capable of. But not before I am done with him.

• Undoubtedly, though it will take time and the right… candidates. I believe that is the correct word. We have never formally inducted a new Harvester. They were always appointed by Denathrius, the individual often groomed for decades before assuming the role. We shall begin our search of souls and venthyr who have the adequate skill sets and acumen. Those who share our values and have the power to back it up. There are many I can think of who might suffice. Take young Kael’thas, for instance. Were he further along in his penance, I might consider him…

(Oh my God, if Renathal is the new Sire then maybe Kael’thas is the new Prince of Revendreth???!! in a later patch)

• Much to do with little time. For now we shall fortify what we have taken. This may include everything from instilling safeguards against future infiltration by nathrezim to instituting realm-wide edicts regarding anima usage. We must rally support across all of Revendreth for this cause. For now, continue to wage your war against the Jailer. We will levy what resources we can for that effort.

• For a time. When we combined the power of the medallions into the crown I wove in safeguards to ensure no one person could wear the crown alone by themselves for too long. And should the other Harvesters will it, medallions or no, they could reclaim their power from the crown with ancient words they are entrusted with. What we have forged together will only remain strong as long as we continue to work together.

• I had hoped our brethren had returned to us for the right reasons.$b$bI never could have imagined the depth of their betrayal not only of Revendreth, but of the Shadowlands and all of reality.

This line probably replaces the “I hoped they returned as family”

• Obviously, or I would not be here helping you now. I suppose you wish to know how I ended up in Revendreth?

• After I was granted Elune’s dark gift, I fed my rage with my losses and then with my victories. I protected my people. I killed the ones who harmed us. Then their allies. Then ones who hadn’t stopped our enemies, or who stood by. Then the ones I thought hadn’t acted quickly enough. And so on… I erased whole societies from the world, and left nothing but ruins in my wake. After all, if nothing was left to harm us, we couldn’t be hurt.

• In the end, the only thing left that threatened my people, was me. I was killed by a friend who too wished to protect our people. Only in Revendreth after much… contemplation, did I come to understand the depth of my wrath and the gravity of my sins. I learned from my experience how to help others with others with their own.

Stonewright explains her past, it’s what we speculated last week

• Ah, welcome friend, did you know that the passage to Tazavesh is open once again? Tread lightly there, they are not so friendly to outsiders. They do have many things to trade, though. Valuable things, glittering things. I have acquired some of their goods. Have you ever seen a baubleworm? They grow gems from their hides that glow with an inner light, but fade and crack when the creature dies. Very rare, very valuable. I ask only that you trade me some of your world’s most precious, sentimental goods. We have our eye on a few things in particular…
7 Likes

The mere idea of Mal’ganis being a future ally is darkly freaking hilarious to me.

1 Like

In my haze of earthly delights… the first thing that comes to mind is a scene in Shadows Rising. Where Nathanos and Sira are making a deal with the Rebel Trolls. The Rebel Troll lady is not interested in the gold and riches they offer - she wants an item he possesses with very high sentimental value.

I found it curious as I read it. I wonder if there will be some sort of “conjuration through sentiments” - where they use the sentiment and emotions tied to items to fuel some sort of chaos.

1 Like

The Stonewright lines are interesting. Given how long the stoneborn have been part of Revendreth she’s likely incredibly old, for one. But she also seems to have been able to overcome the Night Warrior’s curse and have the power itself not kill her.

3 Likes

It seems that the eternals, except for Zooval and Denathrius, believed in a cosmic balance of sorts, where Death existed to create afterlives for living things, or to aid the natural cycle of death and rebirth, in Ardenweald’s case. Zooval’s plan probably involve winning the cosmic struggle that the Light and Void are part of, for dominion over all of reality.

Now the big question is, why is Sylvanas in on it? Does she believe a universe of death is superior to what we have? Or has she been misled by the Jailer?

I have a suspicion that choosing between “revenge” and “peace” for the night elves will lead to what kind of death awaits them. Either everyone flies indiscriminately to Revendreth, to Stonemaster, or they will go through the usual court of the Arbiter.

I mean she was killed? It may have killed her if let alone but her wrath was so brutal her friends killed her.

I just hate that now, indirectly, Stoneborn are also creations of Elune.

2 Likes

If you notice, a soul is stripped of memories they become weakened (eg Runecarver, he used the “magic of memories” separate from Domination) and every governance realm ties emotions, memories, and anima together (e.g. Ardenweald gives anima to soothe nightmares while Wild Gods sleep, Bastion strips memories and emotions during Ascension, Revendreth extracts the emotional weight of sins via anima extractions, Maldraxxus anima seems tied to combat), and Domination magic is also tied to certain specific emotions (sorrow, anger, loss).

Plus it’s a real thing IRL

1 Like

The stoneborn were…created by the stonewright, but we don´t know from whom she has this abilitys. And no, it exist a original stonewright before her.

5 Likes

No, all the Stoneborn were created by the current Stonewright, not the previous one. Read the dialogue from Convoy of the Covenants quest.

Elune gave Stonewright the Night Warrior; Stonewright was killed due to wrathful; Stonewright sent to Revendreth and became the first mortal Venthyr; Stonewright created the Stoneborn when the Light invaded

Causal sequence that I wish didn’t exist.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking for a really long time now, but I don’t think it would be causality.

Causality is the logical relationship of cause and effect. But the death of Stonewright and her rise as Harvester of Wrath was not really a causality. It was not a cause and effect related to Elune and it was not a causality of stonewright

Also, the making of stone creatures is not causality, since it does not use Elune’s powers and therefore does not create causality.

Debatable, given the overall theme of “Fate” and “Destiny”, and how the Fatescribes apparently have the power to control people’s destinies.

But it’s still a sequence. Elune being involved in the story of the Stoneborn existing sucks. Elune being involved in the story of the Venthyr sucks. Blizzard is choosing to assign everything to Elune and things associated with Elune instead of developing one or two other beings.

It’s actually not that stupid, I mean, honestly, what fits better than a downright divine incarnation of vengeance and wrath as a Harvester of Wrath?

She isn´t really involved in this story, the harvester of wrath, stonewright, don´t give up her beliefe in elune, but beside this, no one even mentiod elune.

Revendreth isn´t really tied to elune, or Maldraxxus.

The nearest thing to be called “Tied to elune” would be ardenwaeld now, with the tear and sisterhood of the wq. Since we know elune is a goddes who many people pray to her, its only logical that we meet elunits in the Shadowlands.

6 Likes

Wow. Ageism much? Gosh.

/completely joking. nothing to see here of any significance.

Stoneborn are just the Revendreth army; they’re created by the Harvester of Wrath yes but they are their own thing. It literally could’ve/should’ve just been a Revendreth thing. No Elune ties.

She is, because the first mortal venthyr is an Elune-tied Night Warrior.

Both the non-Original Venthyr and Stoneborn have Elune narrative threads.

Yet lol

Correct

Yet Elune worshippers being central to Revendreth’s narrative is beyond tedious. It wasn’t necessary.

4 Likes

Because ONE harvester believes in Elune, one, and uses her power to this day, all believe in it? The argument and this argumentative view I can not understand, explain it to me please more exactly what you mean by it.

1 Like

Not just one, but the FIRST mortal venthyr, after which all other mortal venthyr followed. It’s not a question of belief.

The first 7 Venthyr were the Court of Harvesters, born of Denathrius. The 8th was the Stonewright, a Night Warrior, the first to be Sired. Everyone else followed.

The Stoneborn are in turn products of this Night Warrior. A being that still has Elune’s power created the Stoneborn.

Both of these things tie the story of Revendreth to Elune in deep ways because it ties all the Non-Original Venthyr and all the Stoneborn to Elune when you’re telling the story.

It’s annoying man, they’re choosing to assign everything to Elune instead of developing the cosmic list of beings.

2 Likes

That is …not comprehensible. The Harvester of Wrath personally uses Elune, but she doesn’t force her beliefs on anyone, she doesn’t go to anyone or preach about Elune. She upholds her faith personally, but not otherwise.

The Harvester of Pride was also once a …human I believe even and don´t beliefe in Elune. So you get an counterpoint from your argument in the lore.

renathal, kurator and the first harvester of wrath are the only “original creation” of Denathrius

2 Likes

No, the entire Court of Harvesters was originally Original Venthyr.

Zahir, Christ on a donkey, you cannot be this dense. There is no way to fully explain the complete story of Revendreth without mentioning “Elune” now. That is my complaint.

Admittedly I am finding it a little tiring to keep hearing about Elune. It feels like the game wants to keep setting up these hooks to generate interest for future content, but as a horde player I don’t have any emotional attachment to that.

7 Likes