New POE expac annouced

Youtube POE Synthesis, more quality content from GGG. If only a certain other company were capable of releasing quality content with depth and complexity like whats in POE.

3 Likes

Supposedly Diablo 4 will be out in 2020

I don’t know what POE is. What is it?

1 Like

Path of Exile

Path of Exile, I reckon.

That’s exciting. This forum is for discussing world of Warcraft though.

3 Likes

PoE is not the greatest thing ever.

I tried to get into that game like 3 times and never could.

1 Like

Yay, can’t wait to play that rushed POS.

Thank you. I am fairly out of touch on newer games.

Accurate

1 Like

is it?

They do still talk about WoW so, yep.

POE?

What’s that?

President of Eggville?

I think I’m good without President of Eggville Synthesis

PoE would be better if classes weren’t race/gender locked.

If WoW released content like PoE, it would be dead in a month.

PoE releases almost zero new content, requires you to constantly relevel, and you do the same…exact…thing…on such a repetitive scale that it dwarves WoW by miles.

Its just “here, do the same thing you’ve done 1000 times already, with a slight twist”.

It’s the style of game, that’s what people are looking for when they play those games.

What style exactly? I feel like the style to PoE is “find the OP combo that makes the game as simple as possible”.

I say this as someone that just had a CwC Winter Orb Ice Spear Templar that I’d literally just hold down 1 mouse button to play.

So is the style “lots of talents, but cookie cutter op specs?”

Which just brings us back to how the old talent trees would be. You have cookie cutter specs you are required to use to do anything worthwhile. And bad specs…I mean “creative” ones. That people would brag about using in trivial content.

The game is built around looting and power fantasy.

Each season you start weak and build yourself up to being godlike doing harder and harder things, all while loot is raining from the sky around you.

It’s the same as D3 and it’s what has kept D2 seasons running all these years.

At the same time, those are tenets of WoW people regularly complain about.

People complain about harder difficultly levels, the amount of difficulty levels, the Diablo 3 impact on difficulty levels, the plethora of useless loot drops we already get.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy PoE for what it is. I am just a bit skeptical to think “hey it works in a free to play game, it will work in WoW”

No one mentioned wow directly, but if D3 had kept up on updates it wouldn’t be dead right now.