New player looking for help

First of all, please allow me to provide a little background so you hopefully have a better idea of what I am trying to achieve with this post. I was a World of Warcraft veteran who started playing in November of 2004 when the original game first launched and I played heavily until the first month into Cataclysm. So, while I am no stranger to how the game works, I don’t remember all of the details of old expansions and that makes me a relative newbie.

Second of all, I would ideally like to find a group of players who are interested in leveling up with me or at least a guild that is not heavily fragmented into cliques of high-level players who don’t want anything to do with a new player.

Lastly, my long-term goal in the game is to hit the level cap within a month and participate in end-game raids. While I have always played a tank, I realize it is probably not possible to come into the game half a year after the initial release and expect to find a raid spot as a tank. Therefore, I am leaning toward making a warrior where I can primarily function as a damage dealer until there is an opportunity for me to tank. Until then, I can gain valuable experience by tanking dungeons and acting as an off-tank when needed.

There is one last catch to all of this. I am looking for a group of people that has a real identity and community outside of raiding. I am also looking for a casual group that wants to clear content in an appropriate span of time, but not at the cost of the relationship between the players. For example, I would like to raid with a group who is willing to play outside of the current meta and allow for non-optimal classes to tackle certain roles (Paladin tank, for example) as long as content is being cleared at a reasonable pace.

Since I am posting on my highest level character, I am more than willing to start over on a new server of any type (PvP, PvE, RP, etc), I am willing to play either faction but I would personally like to go Alliance if possible, and I am willing to play on a server with a small population as long as the guild is active, stable and there are enough people to play the game with and still have an excellent experience.

Please reach out to me if you have similar interest and goals. I personally don’t like the current extreme min/max meta and shallow guilds that have no identity outside of raid logging. I am looking or a real, enriched MMO experience with like-minded people who can both clear content and have a blast doing so.

There seem to be a couple of guilds that have just gotten started:

Those may be worth checking out.

I would love to invite you to join my guild on Faerlina, have a handful of fresh 60s, some 50s, 40s, and more at all levels. We started as a leveling guild about a month ago, and are not getting ready to gear up in pre-BiS and start raiding.

However, with Faerlina currently being locked, if you do not already have a character here, you will be unable to create a new one for the time being.

Best of luck to you on your Classic journey :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post with relevant information. I looked into both of those guilds, but unfortunately one seems to be late night and the other is on a locked server.

I really do appreciate your assistance, though. I was a little worried I would get flamed into oblivion when I submitted my original post.

1 Like

I think most of the people on the forums are actually genuinely good people, but tend to post on topics that are complaints, and there are a lot of subjective views as to the way things should be; hence the flames :fire:

For the most part though, when people post asking for community assistance type things, I think the answers tend to be pretty decent :slight_smile:

Hey you had posted on my page recently as im looking for new players for the same reason. Theres me and someone else for sure. the other is a maybe as the game doesnt interest her much as of yet but she may join in later on more often. I also dont mind faction either. Im not sure about classic or retail at the momment however im leaning toward classic. I never got to EXP that and always wanted to. Guru#4635 is my discord lets chat