New Player - couple of different questions

back again with a couple of questions

1- quests cinematics " the old content" are still there ? are they auto playable as well ? and do i have to be in chromie time or it doesn’t matter

2- if you right click on the char pic on the top left you gonna find player vs player option
is it the same as warmode or what is the difference ?

3- since most of the realms are one side faction , in that case the open world pvp is dead ? it is not fun to not see the other faction
they talk about phasing and such things but I’m not sure about this

4- there is a NPC at the northern most part of the zone next to the road and is named something like Zidormi , Blizz puts this NPC in the game to allow players to toggle between the old and new versions of the zone that people still wanted to have access to.

is that true ?

5- without warmode enabled I can’t attack any player from the other faction , what if i go to their main cities i guess i can attack their npcs and players right ?

6- last qs - how can i know if this a main or side quest ? since they are the same mark and colour

1 - Some of the in-game cinematics are replayable if you know the right person to talk to (usually someone in the vicinity of where the cinematic originally took place). And the introductory cinematic for each expansion is available from the main menu (press the menu button on the character select screen).

2 - War Mode is like the old PVP servers - PVP is on all the time, and you can only turn it off by exiting War Mode. Players with War Mode on are in a separate phase from the ones who have it off.

Toggling PVP mode on & off via the character portrait is like it worked on PVE servers where you could turn it on & off at will.

3 - I think most of the people who are interested in PVP are in War Mode. I still see people occasionally trying to start something outside of War Mode but not often. The old days of South Shore vs Tarren Mill or Crossroads or Astranaar are pretty much gone I think (at least in PVE mode - I never play in War Mode).

4 - Yes, but not all zones have multiple versions like that, just the ones that have seen major changes after Cataclysm. Silithus, Blasted Lands, Arathi Highlands, Tirisfal Glades, Dustwallow Marsh, and Darkshore are the ones I can think of.

5 - Yes, if you go to the opposite faction’s capital cities you will be automatically flagged for PVP and attacked by the guards even with War Mode turned off.

6 - In some of the recent expansions there’s a main storyline that you have to complete to progress, and those quests have a little shield symbol in your quest log (instead of a circle).

2 Likes

1 Chromie Time doesn’t affect if you see cinematics/cut scenes while questing. Be aware that some addons have options (that may even be on by default) to automatically skip cut scenes. I know that DBM does this is dungeons/raids, and it wouldn’t shock me if some of the leveling addons did it as well.

2 Warmode puts you in a phase with other players that have Warmode on outside of the main cities. (Inside the main cities, you’ll see both Warmode on and Warmode off people.) Having Warmode on also activates your PvP talents and gives you bonus XP (and in some cases resources.)

Toggling PvP from your portrait just makes it so that other players can attack you, but will keep you in the non-Warmode phase. You will not be able to attack other players unless they have also turned on PvP — even in their city. (Entering an enemy city or getting too close to enemy guards will also temporarily flag you for PvP, similar to if you turned it on from the portrait yourself.) You will not be able to use PvP talents and there are no bonuses for just turning on your flag.

The main reasons why you might want to turn on your PvP flag without warmode would be if you want to do a PvP objective quest, but don’t really care about actually PvPing with other players. (You’ll be at risk for attack, but in non-Warmode, most people won’t bother.) It’s also helpful if you’re a healer and you end up fighting a group objective with a tank who is flagged for some reason. (You can’t heal them if they are flagged and you are not.)

3 With the exception of RP realms in non-current content, Blizzard using sharding technology to combine people from different realms to keep zones at a target population. So, you’re server’s faction balance doesn’t determine which faction you see out in the world (either in Warmode or out of it.) They will adjust the Warmode incentives on a faction basis to try and encourage equal participation from both factions. Still, the balance you see will be the luck of the draw for what shard you end up in.

5 To add a bit to Tureja’s response: you can attack guards/NPCs, but you can only attack other players if they too have flagged themselves for PvP. Also, Orgrimmar and Stormwind (basically places you can turn Warmode on from) don’t have separate Warmode and non-Warmode phases, so you’ll see a mix of flagged an non-flagged people even in Warmode while in those cities.

1 Like