New player confused

I wanted to play retail and not classic and I wanted to go through the starting area for the undead but, it threw me into shadowlands I don’t want to play shadowlands I’m new and know almost nothing so I want to actually play through wow and learn about the world not be thrown into the middle of the story

They make you start in the exiles reach 1-10 area only on your first character. Shadowlands won’t be released for at least another month. Wowhead, icy veins, and you tube are great sources of WoW info.

It’ll probably take you about an hour to get from 1 to 10 in exiles reach. After your first character has done that, any subsequent characters will be offered either their racial starting area or Exiles Reach as a starter area.

You may want to level a first horde character in Exiles reach and use them as a bank alt for your subsequent horde characters on the realm. That way, your second character can be an undead and do their starter area.
Bank alts sit in major cities and your active characters, out in the field Mail stuff to them to auction. They typically hold items in the bank and gold as well.

After exiles reach, a quest chain in Orgrimmar will eventually offer you the Ability to go to Zandalar in BfA. If you don’t accept that quest, you can Continue to level in vanilla content.

Blizzard basically wants all players to level through BfA to gain background lore to know why they eventually get to Shadow Lands.

i see ur horde

hmu im down to help ya with whatever questions u got

gixxerkid702#1640