New navigation bar has what must be unintended space

I’m assuming that this surely isn’t a purposeful design choice, but the forums currently have a new top-bar UI rolled out, but there’s a weird gap above the new sticky “Blizzard” bar and between that and the forum navigation bar.

SURELY this is accidental, and a bug. I do appreciate being able to get to the top navigation more easily as the bars stalk me like the Eye of Sauron through the entirety of the post, but the gaps where you can barely see content going by are weird and disorienting. Fixing it to eliminate the gaps should help.

6 Likes

looks horrible if you ask me. There was a pretty obvious back to top button on the right side to go back to the start, and there always was the Forums > Community > General Discussion/etc at the top of the display just like now. Only now theres an inch and a half of screenspace taken up and at least a 3rd of that is wanting to send me to other games i do not even have accounts for, or a huge button telling me to download battlenet. Bit late for that, i downloaded that a decade ago. Then theres the gaps, you can see partial text apearing in the gaps between the search/wow forum nav bar and the bigger wow diablo OW download bnet bar, and then another gap above that too.

Im so convinced that 99% of UI and UX designers have little to no functional eyesight capacity. Designing awful clunky messes that downgrade at every step. Then ignore feedback and just continue to iterate into the sewers

edit another awful “feature” is the huge dropdown boxes that hijack your display if you make the foolish mistake of, moving your mouse near them. I guess the OW isnt too bad, but diablo is at least 3 inches tall on a 24 inch monitor “warcraft” is closer to 4. Its nearly half as tall as the actual display height on firefox. Im guessing this is another stupid forced mobile-for-all forum, just makes life suckl for anyone who actually wants a screen, and not some pathetic oily finger cash sapping nonsense experience.

Yes blizzard we have phones. But a phone is not a gaming platform no matter how much you want to say it is

5 Likes