New Mythic Dungeon Difficulty

So in War Within, there will be a dungeon adjustment, making the Mythic dungeons about on par with Mythic +10 for loot and +8 for difficulty. This is fantastic, but there is no step stone for getting up there.

Currently there is a smooth progression going from Heroic-Mythic 0-Mythic +2, +3…

In the new system, you will essentially go from Mythic 0 (New Heroic) to Mythic 8 in terms of difficulty. It’s like going from LFR Raids straight to Heroics.

Why can’t there be an intermediary step, call it Veteran Dungeons, which would fall between new Heroic and Mythic in both difficulty and loot?

I get what you’re saying but do we really need a fifth difficulty of dungeons?

2 Likes

S4 will have the new way of operating. Perhaps give this a go first, then suggest an iteration of changes?

I just think its worth seeing it live first

4 Likes

Please no more difficulty levels. We have too many already.

2 Likes

Theres too many difficulties already im already in the boat that they should remove heroic dungeons and remove mythic raids to trim it down

What’s it matter though? You don’t even do them anyway, so what’s it matter? They don’t affect you in the slightest, so why ask for their removal?

This is actually happening next week and Heroic is going to be the stepping stone. They’re also upping that difficulty and ilevel.

1 Like

There are no affixes and no timer in the new M0, why do you need a stepping stone? You can go in, spend all the time you need to learn things and adjust to the new dynamic. Get better/more efficient the more dungeons you run.

1 Like

Are you asking for something between heroic and m0?

Why is there a normal mode for raids, people can just go into heroic raids and slowly figure stuff out?
What I am trying to say is that today, there is a smooth progression from one dungeon difficulty to another. With the new system, you are essentially compressing +2 through +8 into one tier.
For those saying that we do not need another difficulty level, the new system gets rid of 9 difficulty levels, so bringing one additional one back is still a net loss of 8 levels?

N isn’t intended as the training grounds for H. Some segment of players only do N raids, that’s why it still exists.
If you’re looking for a training ground before stepping into M0, that’s the new heroic dungeon.
If you’re thinking M0 is the training ground for M+ — it’s not. Because adding affixes and a timer is a completely different dynamic than just increasing health/dmg output.

I think players are getting stuck on the +2 to +8 values attached to the old system. It’s not such a shock as it may seem, and as your gear gets better that difficulty quickly decreases.

Ok, fine. But you get geared by getting loot. If the new Myth 0 is to hard early on… no gear to get better? And the new heroic is to low to be the training grounds. Its like jumping from current Myth 0 into Myth +8 (in terms of difficulty).

And? +2-8 is currently free as it is. The jump from 0 to 8 is not huge.

Unless I’m gravely mistaken, and I don’t believe I am.

Heroic dungeons item level will go all the way up to 489 by the time you’re getting something from the vault.

Assuming you decide to not run any M+ until that point you’d have more than enough gear to not die.

With M0 not having any affixes or timers, that’s more than enough of a stepping ground.

We have normal, heroic, m0 and m+. How many more difficulties do we need?

Heroic is going to be the new m0 and normal is the new heroic.

For a casual player, I would disagree. Mythic 0 is an impossible to fail, pull everything face roll. The last +7,8, and 9 keys are tried nothing anything like it. Not too hard if you are ilvl 460+ (but not a cake walk) but very hard if hard if you are around 430.