New multi-boxing restrictions don't go far enough

I think they’ll still ban people for using hardware that replicates the behavior of IBS, but it would be really funny if they added that into the ToS just so I could laugh at the people who keep pretending like they can get away with skirting outside the rules.

1 Like

But…multiboxing is ALLOWED. Blizzard repeated that recently. Botting is not allowed. RMT is not allowed. Multiboxing is allowed.

Blizzard is NOT going to ban multiboxing because YOU dislike it. Blizzard likes multiboxing. I like multiboxing. I don’t do it. I don’t want to do it. But I like cheap mats on the AH, which is the result of multiboxing farmers. Hurray for multiboxing!

Blizz should limit how many people can follow a single character. Make it as hard as possible to even try to do what they are doing.

I guess that you could call it “sheltered”, as it’s an RP server.

I love all the salty people crying about multiboxing, even when blizzard already stated that isnt agains their ToS after the policy change on banning broadcast software.

1 Like

They already have a default clause in the tos they can revoke your access for any reason they want at anytime they want.

I imagine they will monitor it closely and make incremental adjustments as necessary. People who are proudly and arrogantly discussing how they have managed to evade the restrictions using hardware or whatever will just end up getting those methods restricted as well.

1 key press, 1 action. Not 1 key press, 40 simultaneous actions across multiple accounts.

So what part about mboxing not agains blizzard ToS people still dont get???

The change was made to help combat bots since I assume they were using multi-box software to “mask” it. If I remember correctly they mentioned it in their reasoning.

Hardware solutions are not detectable unless you want to ban people who play on the same IP address.

they dont WANT to ban boxing dude…so just stop.
Funny how the vast majority of players ARENT in here daily tossing little tantrums over boxers.

That part LMAO.
Theyll scream about boxing…and IF blizzard is stupid enough to fall for it…the next target is druids…and IF blizzard is stupid enough to fall for it…the next target is ANYTHING else that exposes THEIR inability to farm to THEIR demanded expectations.
They ALL need to go play a single player game where competing for resources isnt a thing.

This isn’t even why blizzard ended up banning broadcasting software… and isn’t even why Eve banned it.

People were using these software to automate game play (aka bot).

You can’t tell when someone is using it legitimately or using it to bot. Warden would not detect that. Easiest solution was just to disallow it entirely.

It is why eve banned it.

That is botting lol.

Yes because you could automate it.
You could have multi-button press macros handled by broadcasting software.