New Mouse Issues

+1 I thought my mouse was failing during arenas last night

I am also having this issue.

Completely unplayable!

2 Likes

i’m having the same problem, it’s really annoying

Having same issues as OP, the mouse command doesnt help. This is a new bug that only started after Tuesdays patch/reset.

oh its fixed now. re-enabled raw mouse input and its fine now!

well that was fast. im glad!

Putting my post here as this is newer.

I don’t know what changed as of July 22, 2020. But rawMouseEnable is now completely broken.

I had /console rawMouseEnable 1 set to fix the issue where left clicking causes the mouse to lock up or flick to the middle of the screen and lock up.

Now while /console rawMouseEnable 1 is enabled, while moving and not holding right click, my mouse acts as if my right mouse click is being held down and turns the camera… and a completely new issue also happens where my mouse stops moving and i have to wiggle it around for it to move again…

If I set /console rawMouseEnable 0 then it fixes the camera turn issue, but the mouse click issue occurs again but is far worse as it causes the mouse to complete freeze or flicks to the middle of the screen which was far worse than before.

Well I started getting back into the game as of Monday after not playing since last year, and the game is literally unplayable. Guess I have to quit again until the issue is fixed.

Edit of what was tried:

1. I’ve deleted all folders WTF/utils/cache, interface folders etc.
  2. Tested all compatibility settings possible for the wow.exe
  3. Adjusted all in game settings, graphics, mouse etc.
  4. Repaired game files.
  5. Adjusted all DPI settings, and tested all pull rate settings 1000/500/250/125.
  6. Ensured Logitech mouse software was not running.
  7. Installed Wow on a completely different computer, and ran into the exact same issue.

I cannot use either /console rawMouseEnable 1 or /console rawMouseEnable 0 as 1 causes both a camera turn issue and mouse click issue, and 0 causes a mouse click and mouse freeze issue. Game is not playable on either of my 2 computers.

downloaded patch now the game is so lag bad not even playable.

@Zenkåi-Thunderfury:

What happened is that there was a minor patch (8.3.7) deployed on Tuesday to prep some things on the back-end for the upcoming Shadowlands expansion. It unfortunately had the side effect of screwing up the cvar rawMouseEnable, necessitating the work-around of disabling that cvar… which also led to another issue involving the client cursor becoming “sticky”.

A new build (Patch 8.3.7.35284) was pushed to live servers early this afternoon Pacific time which fixes these issues. Make sure your client has downloaded it. :slight_smile:

1 Like