New Meta Racials with TBC

I wonder how many players are going to feel the need to re-roll once TBC launches once all the meta shifts around. A few examples:

Classic best PvP Rogue: Gnome/Dwarf - Stoneform / Escape Artist
TBC best PvP Rogue: Human - Perception is usable while stealthed and will allow you to see your opponent across the arena match letting you always get the sap.

Classic:
Best pvp paladin: Dwarf for stoneform ( Blind is a poison in vanilla )
Best Ret Paladin: Human for sword/Mace spec.
TBC:
Best PvP & DPS paladin: Blood Elf for seal of blood and silence.
Best Protection paladin: Dwarf for Seal of Vengeance and stoneform.

The options are endless and depending on where your priorities lie its alot.

1 Like

I suppose that’s one benefit to being a druid. I don’t get a choice. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not personally but it will affect the people around you if you choose alliance or horde. For example if you wanted to run a 2v2 resto druid/ arms warrior combo you could ask yourself whats the best warrior race partner to have? Probably Orc. Or if you’re PVE focused you want a bunch of draenei in your raid. But yeah those are small things as a druid.

It won’t be race, it will be a faction extinction on pvp severs. Private severs were the canary in the coal mine for classic and TBC private severs reflect this.

• stoneform gets a “nerf” later in TBC patches as blind stops being a poison.

• Alliance also lose fear ward advantage as all priest gain it later in BC.

• Blood elf racial is insane and blood elf paladin dmg vs alliance is big. ~10% per min more dmg

6 Likes

This is not a faction crybaby thread, it’s about people rerolling from their Vanilla bis race to TBC bis race thread.

and I’m probably going to do it with my Shaman. I rolled Orc for PVP in classic but I just miss berserking so much.

Not sure about Rogue tho…Will probably stay Orc because I enjoy the aesthetics even if WOTF is better for arena.

Blood elf racials are top tier, faction balance is going to get worse because horde racials are just flatly superior.

8 Likes

This is true and blood elfs definitely look and appeal more to players but that’s only going to effect the ret paladins. Seal of vengeance is better for protection paladins though since its steady constant threat/damage and you don’t take damage from your own ability.

As far as arenas go it can get very technical. Being a human rogue in a 2v2 bracket is a major advantage since getting the jump allows you to win most fights. But this is far less so the larger the bracket.

Where does the Blood elf is OP thing come from? I played for years on TBC private server and the only classes that wanted to be Belf for PVP or PVE were Ret Paladins and PVE healing Priests.

An aoe silence is useful against 6/9 classes.

8 Likes

Its useful but it doesn’t mean it’s the meta race.

Warstomp is useful vs 9/9 classes and every Warrior is an Orc.

2 Likes

Not gonna argue with that, just stacking onto my point that horde racials are top tier.

6 Likes

Most players know to hug walls and LoS If you can’t see the other team right away to avoid perception cheese.

math

I’m only pointing out what will happen

2 Likes

What…you can’t math out how useful the silence will be so that only leaves the Arcane Torrent racial which I hope you aren’t telling me is better than berserking/bloodfury.

Sooner or later the rogue has to stick his neck out. He can guess all day if the human has used his perception or not but its just a game of cat and mouse. If he moves hes going to almost certainly have to waste a vanish to have a chance against a human.

It doesnt have a CD so no effort high potential for gain

1 Like

that replay was to this ^^

Well going to go for draenei prot paladin, like gift of naruu over stoneform and they have a good group passive.
But there will be a meta not much in racials but in gameplay and gear. Take for instance tbc version of av there will still be a trinket which will likely be good. Players will likely get honor points for what is now rank 14 gear in a fraction of the time. Raids and late game dungeons for classic will be overlooked. When I joined wow in tbc the second part of brd, dm, strat, and scholo were not dungeons I did because by the time they could be done people were doing blood furnace and underbog there wasn’t much demand for the dungeons.

What I am predicting is with pvp honor as a currency and the ‘free’ epic trinket from av people will return to av at lvl 51 for quest, and 59 for honor stockpile for the mount and honor gear to make the leveling process in tbc easier.

People will know about badges meaning the pull of dungeons will be a lot greater than it is now, and pvp hardcore will be more on arenas which might mean a return to bgs being casual at the non-twinking brackets (though someone doing a twink 59 would be funny).

Think why do av rep grinders exist, it is because of the bis items. The rush for gear is real and questions about how pvp seasons will be handled in a game where it won’t go beyond tbc will be questions about how pvp seasons will be handled in a game which won’t go beyond tbc.

yes but its a very niche ability with counter play and its 1/2 of the best alliance has. Rouges can still vanish/dash behind a pillar b4 its used for example

its natural to measure how often things will effect the battle and imo gnome is best, human is very inconstant/has a fail rate (speaking of fail rate fun fact gnome escape has a chance to fizzle in classic). Horde has very low effort but consistent good racials. roll orc resist more stuns, roll UD trinket from charm/fear OR pre WOTF to avoid the hassle of clicking later

1 Like

Arenas aren’t as fun as people remember. Most of the comps are the same and within a couple seconds you know if you won or lost. High ranked people will sell boosts or coaching. Win trading will probably be a thing coordinated on discord. And what 15 years ago was considered a “skilled” player is very average. So what used to be 1800-1900 rating gameplay is now like 1500 rating gameplay. Everyone has everything hot keyed now and very rarely run dumb comps.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t really worry about min-maxing arena. There will be plenty of baddies to beat up on. You won’t need to be the best race.

1 Like